Virtual Gaming vs. Lucid Dreaming

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
HAGART

Postby HAGART » 07 Mar 2014 05:25

I've heard the comparison before and must admit in my, 'old school days', I lucid dreamed of Doom. (It was a pioneer in first person shooter games). I bet these days, others lucid dreamers think of such things, and I hear Minecraft and GTA alot.

I thought I'd start a conversation here about it too.
It's already started on Skype.
I don't take the credit.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

GalMutzafy

Re: Virtual Gaming vs. Lucid Dreaming

Postby GalMutzafy » 07 Mar 2014 06:42

One of my biggest desires in a lucid dream is to make a video game world such as GTA San Andreas, L.A Noire, Dead space (In a lucid dream that would be freaking amazing but don't want it to be scary) and etc.

I think if you can LIVE in a video game that you love for years or grew up about it could be something you never felt in your entire life, a new experience.

But I've alwyas thought that it is possible to lucid dream with full aware and consciousness with a graphics of GTA or Doom?

It seems like or you need to really master your lucid dreams or you just can't, I would love if someone say something about it and give a clear answer.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 07 Mar 2014 20:29

I don't dream of games on purpose, but it does happen.

Look up the Tetris Effect, and you'll see why.

It all has to do with repetitive behavior and being completely, mentally absorbed with something throughout the day. It's gonna make you dream of it.

With that knowledge though, you can plant seeds in your subconscious to dream of later. It all has to do with focus and repetition. If you want to dream of something, devote a few days day dreaming about it. It might take 3 days, but I bet it will work. It doesn't mean it will be lucid, but our daily lives will influence our dreams, because they influence our thoughts. And dreams are nothing but thoughts aren't they.

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 07 Mar 2014 21:15

HAGART wrote:I don't dream of games on purpose, but it does happen.

Look up the Tetris Effect, and you'll see why.

It all has to do with repetitive behavior and being completely, mentally absorbed with something throughout the day. It's gonna make you dream of it.

With that knowledge though, you can plant seeds in your subconscious to dream of later. It all has to do with focus and repetition. If you want to dream of something, devote a few days day dreaming about it. It might take 3 days, but I bet it will work. It doesn't mean it will be lucid, but our daily lives will influence our dreams, because they influence our thoughts. And dreams are nothing but thoughts aren't they.

I didn't mean ''Is it possible to dream about games'', I'm interested in the subject of if you can dream, lucid or not lucid, that you are in a game with a graphics of a game, I mean 100 percent non-real graphic game that you can see it's not real.

I've always wonderd if it's possible to dream a non-real, animated you can say dream.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 07 Mar 2014 21:44

It is.

I've had the rare few occasions where I have been completely lucid, but the dream is a 2 dimensional 'screen'. I can choose left or right and influence it, but its more like watching a screen instead of being immersed in a 3D world.

It's rare for me, maybe 3 times in my life, but I can attest that it does happen. And it's pixelated like a game, not vivid like reality.

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 09 Mar 2014 20:55

I've had minecraft dreams before! they tend to happen if I've been playing on it a lot during the day (I go through phases I play it for ages on one day and then leave it for a month or 2)
I tried playing it in the hope that I would dream of it and become lucid because I was looking out for it once but it didn't happen :/
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 09 Mar 2014 22:39

I can relate, but the games are different.
I use to dream of Doom, Starcraft (the original), and lately I've been playing a lot of Bloons Monkey City online. (I just found it one day, it was free, and got hooked). I've been seeing bloons going around a track in my dreams, and hypnagogic imagery lately. At least I think it's HI. It's like seeing vivid images in the early morning with eyes closed. Could be hypnopomic but very similar.

3D games, in my experience, provide a better chance of becoming lucid though. It makes sense since they are more like real life perspective.

A few days ago, I was lucid and walking around corridors that felt like Zelda for N64, and shot bad guys that looked like red ghosts from Pac-Man. I used my hands and shot fireballs out, and it was just like the original Super Mario Brothers, and it made that same 'spitting sound' and they bounced on the ground before 'popping' the red ghost 'bad-guys'. I didn't realize till after I woke up that I was merging games together and at the time it felt like Zelda had always been that way. (False memory).

Anyway, games certainly influence my dreams, and I've played some that are not even from reality. Lucid or not. On a few occasions though I have actually become lucid during a 'game dream' knowing it wasn't real, but then also wondering why it's happening. Then you just put two and two together and bang your lucid. (But it's easier said than done, and I can still have game dreams without becoming lucid).

Thinking about it now, a lot of my 'game dreams' were a combination and mix-match of many games I have played throughout the years, but were all games that I played a TON of! I think through brain plasticity they may have re-wired my brain. :o

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 10 Mar 2014 16:19

I forgot to say that but yesterday I had a dream (that I REALY barely remmember what happend there), I just know that it was about south park (I've started playing South Park Stick of Truth) and I just remmember an animated image of south park in the dream, I feel dissapointed that I didn't remmember that kind of dream because I really think it was animated as the series and the game...

Ironically it happend like the same day you opend this thread P:

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”