A dream internet/skype?

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
gleixer

A dream internet/skype?

Postby gleixer » 11 Mar 2014 01:16

Imagine it. A world where people go to sleep and instead of just waking up they lucid dream and connect with friends who are also lucid dreaming. If you think lucid dreaming alone is fun, then just imagine lucid dreaming with your friends. This is the art of dream sharing and with a little bit of practice anyone could do it even non-lucid dreamers.But the problem for dream sharing is that it is limited to people you know well. Now my proposal is, why can't whole groups of random strangers just tune into one dream and do things as if the were on the internet. It is all just brain waves and frequencies which is basically what the internet is. Tell me your thoughts on this. Thank guys.
They say we only use a fraction of our brain's true potential. Now that's when we're awake. When we're asleep, we can do almost anything. - Inception

Summerlander

Re: A dream internet/skype?

Postby Summerlander » 12 Mar 2014 01:37

I'd call it the "Mindnet" and I think it would be great! :-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HeadlessScorpio

Postby HeadlessScorpio » 13 Mar 2014 02:24

This would be awesome in action! :D However, it probably wont work in real life. :(
Dreams are a art, you have to paint the path, to create a masterpiece.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Jun 2014 11:31

gleixer wrote:Imagine it. A world where people go to sleep and instead of just waking up they lucid dream and connect with friends who are also lucid dreaming. If you think lucid dreaming alone is fun, then just imagine lucid dreaming with your friends. This is the art of dream sharing and with a little bit of practice anyone could do it even non-lucid dreamers.But the problem for dream sharing is that it is limited to people you know well. Now my proposal is, why can't whole groups of random strangers just tune into one dream and do things as if the were on the internet. It is all just brain waves and frequencies which is basically what the internet is. Tell me your thoughts on this. Thank guys.

From what Ive seen a couple of people do, I'd say it is possible. Thing is one would need very advanced skills to do it. I used to have a psi/energy teacher who could go to different realities while awake and so could his top student (they'd like astral project together and be having fun together elsewhere but while completely awake). They used to be like experiencing each other somewhere else at the same time I'd be here chatting to them. I used to feel so left out! (I once thou picked up a telepathic communication between the two of them but other then that once, :( its sad.. so wish I could do things like they did)

So if people can do that, I can see why people couldnt do as you suggested but unfortunately it seems to be a rare few.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Science”