Shared Dream Experiment #2

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
Goldkoron

Shared Dream Experiment #2

Postby Goldkoron » 17 Feb 2014 04:16

In your next lucid dream. I want you guys to try asking your subconscious to put yourself into the dream of a friend or someone you closely know. You have no way in knowing if a particular friend you choose is dreaming at the time you are dreaming, so you want your subconscious to make the calculations. If somebody you know appears, tell them to remember a code word, for example "Ivory". When you awake and you are talking to that person you met in your dream, ask them if that codeword, "Ivory" means anything to them.
Do a reality check

Jackson

Re: Shared Dream Experiment #2

Postby Jackson » 27 Feb 2014 05:07

Goldkoron wrote:In your next lucid dream. I want you guys to try asking your subconscious to put yourself into the dream of a friend or someone you closely know. You have no way in knowing if a particular friend you choose is dreaming at the time you are dreaming, so you want your subconscious to make the calculations. If somebody you know appears, tell them to remember a code word, for example "Ivory". When you awake and you are talking to that person you met in your dream, ask them if that codeword, "Ivory" means anything to them.

:O I am gonna try this.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 28 Feb 2014 02:16

Hmmm...

Definitely worth a shot! I wonder if nature allows our minds to quantum entangle in this way... :-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 01 Mar 2014 04:11

I've tried this before, and will again.
Give it time... it may be another whole month.

Even if we don't succeed, it will create some funny stories to tell each other!
( I wonder what I look like in your eyes in a lucid dream! Tell me about it! And I'll share mine if I ever do this.)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 02 Mar 2014 01:29

I've had touch alcohol. i ain't doing shit! :-D

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 13 Mar 2014 20:03

I was lucid this morning and attempted to enter Goldkoron's dream. I'm not sure the exact time though, but it would have been early morning for me, so 4 or 5 a.m. for Goldkoron.

I was certainly lucid, but not completely awake and firing on all cylinders. I had a lot of stray thoughts entering my mind, so things were in a constant state of change. So it wasn't a hyper-vivid dream, but more dream like. Phatasmagoric is a good word. I'll start right when I remembered my lucid dream goal:

I was in a house I had never been in before and there were many other dream characters around, some family, some strangers. There were a few strangers sitting at a table, and I felt like they were expert lucid dreamers. One was male and seemed like it was Liam Neeson, and the other was a woman who reminds me of Judy Dench. I asked them how I could enter someone's dream and forget the exact words, but I got the impression that I had to stretch complex molecule chains and even atoms into straight lines to do so. I started to feel uneasy as if I would go crazy, and couldn't understand or grasp the idea.

I then decided to try something. I looked out the window, and it was dark outside, in a suburban street with many trees without leaves. I used my fingers to outline a box in thin air ahead of me and felt like I could will it into a portal, a TV screen if you will, so I could view through it. I heard the others behind me congratulating me, saying things like, he did it! That's amazing!

I started to see something and used hand gestures to expand the 'screen' until I was in a completely new dream scene now! It was full of color, outdoors in a large park with walking paths. There were vibrant flowers everywhere and I could even smell them. Yellows, blues, and reds dotted the greenery. There were some women behind me, I could hear them talking, and just instinctively willed some of the flowers to get cut from the ground and pass behind me. I didn't use my hands, nor see who I was giving them to, but I guess I'm just a hopeless romantic. I then heard them commenting that there were no roses at all in this garden, and they were disappointed there were no black roses in particular.

The path lead to a street and I turned right and walked along it's edge. A guy in a go-kart contraption drove toward me and stopped. I felt like I knew them somewhere, but also knew it wasn't Goldkoron. I asked what their name is, but forget. (I looked up my contacts on Skype and by looking at the thumbnail portraits, it was mnr367! or at least very similar, just like the celebrities earlier only ALMOST looked like them. But I thought it was uncanny so it's worth mentioning.) Then I started to show people around the place as if I remembered where I was and had been there before. I don't know why. And the people I was giving the tour to, I didn't see, but just knew they were around me. It felt like I had been in this dream place countless times before.

It ended soon after, with a few false awakenings, but finally a real one.

I doubt this was a shared dream, but in the process of trying it, I actually made a portal and changed dream scenes. I might try that again sometime, and have more conscious control over the created scene next time.

HeadlessScorpio

Postby HeadlessScorpio » 13 Mar 2014 20:36

We should test more of this. How close must individual people be, to share a dream? Maybe they have to get to know each other? I don't even really believe in shared dreams but it would be awesome
Dreams are a art, you have to paint the path, to create a masterpiece.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 13 Mar 2014 23:35

That's my theory too. Without intimate, detailed knowledge of someone it seems less likely. But it's worth a try for the fun of it.

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 14 Mar 2014 19:02

I assume it has to be someone you know well. And have physically interacted with.

Do a reality check

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Jun 2014 16:24

Goldkoron wrote:In your next lucid dream. I want you guys to try asking your subconscious to put yourself into the dream of a friend or someone you closely know. You have no way in knowing if a particular friend you choose is dreaming at the time you are dreaming, so you want your subconscious to make the calculations. If somebody you know appears, tell them to remember a code word, for example "Ivory". When you awake and you are talking to that person you met in your dream, ask them if that codeword, "Ivory" means anything to them.

that's a great idea to use a code word. :)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Science”