Stop the Scary stuff!!!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
HeadlessScorpio

Stop the Scary stuff!!!

Postby HeadlessScorpio » 11 Mar 2014 23:57

Hey, Guys... Scorpio here, I'm new to this forum and I have a question. This question probably has different answers for different Dreamers but I think I need real help with this. I know quite a bit about lucid dreaming so I got all the basic stuff down. Its just that I have some pretty terrifying dreams :oops: . When I was younger I had a lot of nightmares. I didn't have much non-nightmare dreams. Now I don't have as much and the ones I do aren't as terrifying. My usual dreams are always meaningless and insane. There's always weird stuff like walking flowerpots and me growing to giant sizes :| . However more and more creepy stuff is creeping into my dreams. I've saw Jeff the Killer, Parasitic trees, and other mildly creepy stuff. Its worse in my lucid and semi-lucid dreams. My sub-conscious seems to hate lucidity. Every time I lucid dream or even try I get things like mechanical hearts and distorting faces. I try not to use my mind-bending powers in dreams because I'm scared something horrible will happen. In my first conscious dream since finding out they were called lucid dreams, I tried to open a door but it wouldn't teleport me and I was transported into a nightmare.

Someone please respond so I can end this problem! :?
Last edited by HeadlessScorpio on 12 Mar 2014 00:19, edited 1 time in total.
Dreams are a art, you have to paint the path, to create a masterpiece.

Goldkoron

Re: Stop the Scary stuff!!!

Postby Goldkoron » 12 Mar 2014 00:08

I usually don't have nightmares. Only time dreams become serious for me is when spiders are involved. I cannot help you

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Do a reality check

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 14 Mar 2014 00:47

Its just that I have some pretty terrifying dreams :oops: . When I was younger I had a lot of nightmares. I didn't have much non-nightmare dreams.

Scorpio everyone has nightmares. Your nightmares can be incubated either by others or by yourself. The emotions you'll mainly experience in both normal and lucid dreams the emotions you're experiencing in real life. You're also incubating them by being afraid you're going to have them. The fear you're feeling is actually helping to create your nightmares.

However more and more creepy stuff is creeping into my dreams. I've saw Jeff the Killer, Parasitic trees, and other mildly creepy stuff. Its worse in my lucid and semi-lucid dreams. My sub-conscious seems to hate lucidity. Every time I lucid dream or even try I get things like mechanical hearts and distorting faces. I try not to use my mind-bending powers in dreams because I'm scared something horrible will happen.

Everyone's subconscious is exactly the same. One's subconscious has exactly the same personality and values you do and what it shows you in dreams is what you've told it to by what you've incubated. Everyone is also messed up and has conflicts between different things they value. You're looking into a mirror in your dreams and you're subconscious is just showing you yourself and the objective judgment you would have on yourself and actions if you were watching someone else do them.

I try not to use my mind-bending powers in dreams because I'm scared something horrible will happen. In my first conscious dream since finding out they were called lucid dreams, I tried to open a door but it wouldn't teleport me and I was transported into a nightmare.

In real life one can chicken out and run away from something one fears until one feels safe again; in a dream you can't do that because you're the source of your fears not the stuff one sees in the nightmares. Even if you managed to escape into a pleasant dreamscape a scary something would chase you however many dreamscapes you fled to. In lucid dreams the only way to deal with fear is to face it.

Fear in real life is just an emotion and when one is experiencing any emotion one has opened up all of the emotions that are part of the matrix that emotion is part of. Fear can be transformed into courage and the sadness you feel when afraid can be transformed into joy. In Lucid dreams just as in real life when one flips an emotion into it's opposite one usually intensifies that new emotion. Just doing it once will make you less afraid in general and in ones dreams. Be warned one can never escape fear totally and will still have scary nightmares once in a while and not just invigorating nightmares that add to you joie de vivre.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Mar 2014 02:29

HeadlessScorpio wrote:My usual dreams are always meaningless and insane. There's always weird stuff like walking flowerpots and me growing to giant sizes

Dreams may seem meaningless and insane but they actually arent.. its your subconciousness talking and they are only meaningless to you as you havent learnt its language.

My sub-conscious seems to hate lucidity. Every time I lucid dream or even try I get things like mechanical hearts and distorting faces. I try not to use my mind-bending powers in dreams because I'm scared something horrible will happen. In my first conscious dream since finding out they were called lucid dreams, I tried to open a door but it wouldn't teleport me and I was transported into a nightmare.

Its not just your subconsciousness doing this but YOU.. YOUR waking conscious normal self has fears about LDing. The fact that you wont try to take up control and change a dream due to being scared something horrid will happen shows that. Till you are willing to face this fear you have, I think your nightmares in LDs will in fact continue.. as its just your fear in the LD and of the LD world will just fuel them. If you choose to believe otherwise and believe you can control your dreams.. LD nightmares should stop being nightmares.

I saw a horrendous distorted face crawling in maggots right near my face looking at me.. now did I see that as a nightmare issue.. nope!! I was fascinated with it due to I didnt know the whys I was seeing this. Things are only a nightmare even yucky images if you choose them to be. Use your logic that you will not be physically hurt in a dream and that its only a dream and that dreams CAN be controlled etc to combat your fears.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

TaTa

Postby TaTa » 17 Mar 2014 15:43

Maybe this will help
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1i6A7t6L2g

HeadlessScorpio

Postby HeadlessScorpio » 05 Apr 2014 20:52

taniaaust1 wrote:
HeadlessScorpio wrote:My usual dreams are always meaningless and insane. There's always weird stuff like walking flowerpots and me growing to giant sizes

Dreams may seem meaningless and insane but they actually arent.. its your subconciousness talking and they are only meaningless to you as you havent learnt its language.

[quote]

Actually if my Sub-C is as same as my waking mind then I think it's just random. I kinda like random stuff so my Sub-C might like it too. It probably is having fun.

Also I think I have found out my dreaming problems. Since Sub-Cs are in complete control of the DreamScape(Non-L) they can do what ever they want. Lucidity basically takes all that from them. You are in charge in LDs so Sub-Cs have little control. I think my Sub-C only wants to have fun. I found this out by using a simple Sub-C contact method. You can use it while awake. The only downside is you can only ask yes/no questions.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Dreams are a art, you have to paint the path, to create a masterpiece.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 07 Apr 2014 01:40

HeadlessScorpio wrote: Also I think I have found out my dreaming problems. Since Sub-Cs are in complete control of the DreamScape(Non-L) they can do what ever they want. Lucidity basically takes all that from them. You are in charge in LDs so Sub-Cs have little control.

One has a level of control in a LD but the subconsciousness still carries a lot of control. If the Sub-C is taken out and stops manifesting, you will be no longer having a dream. A LD will always be the combination of both the waking consciousness and the subconciousness. This is why LDs so often do not go as planned....
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

strawbubblegum

Postby strawbubblegum » 11 Apr 2014 03:23

Hey Scorpio,
I have a suggestion to make. I think that when we are able to obtain full lucidity, since it's our dreams, we can control a lot of stuff! This is the perfect chance to fight your nightmares, you can make yourself all powerful if you want to! I had a dream once about zombies, and although I wasn't lucid - it's really weird - I knew I could change stuff, so I acted out zombieland, basically.
Also, my psych lectures tell me that dreams are actually a way our brains deal with bad stuff, so nightmares may not necessarily be a bad thing, like the person above me said, they happen to everyone, some more than others. It may be our brains trying to sort stuff out - our unconscious doing the work for us.
I wish you good luck! Fight those demons! :evil:

Return to “For Beginners”