Should I Lucid Dream ???

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
HenryIAm1340

Should I Lucid Dream ???

Postby HenryIAm1340 » 10 Mar 2014 02:20

Hi, I am new to lucid dreaming, and I haven't even attempted yet. The thing is, I think lucid dreaming is really cool and all but I'm kind of freaked out by dreams, especially scary ones. Also, I have OCD (search it up on google to get a better understanding of it, it's different from just being over-neat, although being over-neat is sometimes part of it) and I have trouble controlling my thoughts because of so. If I can't control my thoughts, how can I control my dream?

Jackson

Re: Should I Lucid Dream ???

Postby Jackson » 10 Mar 2014 04:01

No one can truly control their thoughts. That's like saying "I can control which number the dice is going to land on when I roll it". People believe they have influence of the dice but in reality, it is purely random chance (plus or minus the square root of N :lol: phyics). The same is true with your thoughts. 99% of the time, you do not even choose to think what you are thinking, it just... sort of pops into your head randomly.

Also, if you really can't control dreams, so what! Even if you can't fly around and do pointless expeirential things like that, you can still learn from what goes on in dreams, you can learn about your fears, overcome them. You can talk to your unconcious! How amazing is that? And to do all those things, you merely need to realize you are dreaming so ;YES YOU SHOULD LUCID DREAM :lol:

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

NYDreamer

Postby NYDreamer » 11 Mar 2014 00:07

My lucid dreams have been enjoyable experiences, so yes, I say you should have lucid dreams. If you are worried about your OCD, well, it might actually help you practice techniques that can induce lucid dreams.

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 11 Mar 2014 01:11

I have OCD and Tourette Syndrome, and I lucid dream. If it makes you feel any better.
Do a reality check

HeadlessScorpio

Postby HeadlessScorpio » 13 Mar 2014 01:37

Yes, Yes you should.
Dreams are a art, you have to paint the path, to create a masterpiece.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Mar 2014 03:31

HenryIAm1340 wrote:Hi, I am new to lucid dreaming, and I haven't even attempted yet. The thing is, I think lucid dreaming is really cool and all but I'm kind of freaked out by dreams, especially scary ones. Also, I have OCD (search it up on google to get a better understanding of it, it's different from just being over-neat, although being over-neat is sometimes part of it) and I have trouble controlling my thoughts because of so. If I can't control my thoughts, how can I control my dream?

I think there is a huge difference between a normal scary dream and scary stuff coming into a LD.. as in LDs you are aware, this gives you the opportunity to take control of the dream and change it (something you cant do in a scary non lucid dream). So as long as you go into trying to LD with the view in mind that your dreams are YOUR creations and that it is possible as to control anything which happens in them and that nothing should be able to harm you in a LD. I cant see an issue with having scary dreams put you off of trying to LD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”