If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Postby Theenergy » 16 Jan 2012 19:18

I am not having any luck with lucid dreaming. I use the wake back to bed method and still haven't got anything. I get up after 5 hours of sleep go into the kitchen but thinking and planning my lucid dreams. I stay in there for about 20 minutes. Then I go back to bed. When I het in the bed I listen to some binaral beats. But I still don't have any lucid dreams! Help please! :)

Re: Help?

Postby Gooeymaw » 17 Jan 2012 01:37

How long have you been at it? It can often take months and months to finally induce a lucid dream. It's not that it's hard to do, it's just not easy. Some people, like myself, just spontaneously realize they're dreaming, but that's not something I want to count on. I try to repeat affirmations like "I will know I am dreaming," and just try to say that over and over again in my mind.

Over the last two months, at least, I've keep the subject of dreams, and lucid dreams in particular, in my mind by just reading anything on the web availible on the subject, and in this way I have had a great deal more success in having lucid dream, though not all of them are worth talking about. Sometimes they don't last, like I will realize I am dreaming, and then wake up right away, or I will forget to do anything worthwhile with it. Maybe this could be a way that it will work for you as well. Just keep your mind on the subject, when you can. Before going to bed find some articles and read those.

Hope that helps.

Re: Help?

Postby rothgar » 17 Jan 2012 04:21

Are you doing reality checks? Not going to happen without them, except by pure accident.

Return to “For Beginners”