Alice in wonderland

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.

Alice in wonderland

Postby torakrubik » 12 Mar 2014 02:19

I read this book the other day, and also Through the Looking Glass. I couldn't help but be constantly reminded of past dreams and dream elements as I read it. I highly recommend this to all you dreamers, it's completely mad (in a good way) and...well...dreamlike! (Which incidentally is a pretty strong theory to explain the story's events).

I haven't seen the film, nor do I really want to. The wonderful imagery conjured up in my imagination is unlikely to be surpassed...a thoroughly good read!
Dreaming is my drug

Re: Alice in wonderland

Postby TillyPink » 13 Mar 2014 19:16

It's a great text that has become used in lots of ways over the years to explain the journey through human consciousness, and questioning the nature of reality. A good eg would be the white rabbit in the Matrix...'follow the white rabbit' appears on Neo's screan, then the girl shows up at the door with the rabbit tattoo and off Neo goes..... down the rabbit hole.... which is the matrix, and discovers the world is not the way he thought it to be. Waking up in a lucid dream is like Alice waking up in Wonderland. I totally support your recommendation. And yes. The film was poo.

Re: Alice in wonderland

Postby jasmine2 » 17 Mar 2014 01:10

I read the books "Alice In Wonderland" and "Through The Looking Glass" many years ago, but I still have fond memories of them. Disney's movie "Alice In Wonderland" is one of favorite movies. I especially like the slyly humorous, mercurial, and rather stoned, Cheshire Cat.

I've only had a couple of "regular" dreams about mirrors, but I hope to be able to explore mirrors in lucid dreams.

Here is a reference to an issue of a web magazine (free) which includes several fascinating articles about the manner in which mirrors may function in lucid dreams as thresholds into deeper dimensions of consciousness.

Search - - Lucid Dreaming Experience - Vol.2, number 2, September 2013

This is on The Lucid Dream Exchange website , which is co-edited by Robert Waggoner, the author of the very wise and insightful book "Lucid Dreaming : Gateway To The Inner Self".

Best wishes - jasmine2

Return to “Off-Topic”