Cheating on my boyfriend with my boyfriend?

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
mip

Cheating on my boyfriend with my boyfriend?

Postby mip » 07 Mar 2014 06:31

I have frequent dreams of cheating on my boyfriend with another version of my boyfriend. In one dream i cheated on him with a handsomer, smarter version of himself. In another i cheated on him with a version that was living on the streets and looked like he was on some kind of serious drug. In another i cheated on him with an exact replica of him, no difference at all. All the times that i cheated on him i felt an extreme guilt and wrong feeling for what i was doing, though i knew it was still him. Even though i felt this, i still continued to do it. I have no idea what this means, can anyone help me?

Summerlander

Re: Cheating on my boyfriend with my boyfriend?

Postby Summerlander » 08 Mar 2014 00:40

Maybe, in waking life, you are focusing on attributes that you dislike about your boyfriend. You may wish, on some level, that he was better (either physically, charismatically, intellectually, or all). Hence the wanton affairs in dreamland. Freud would probably say such dreams are an expression of what is expressed. Jung almost deluded himself into believing that he was a monogamist. He was, in fact, a repressed philanderer.

I would worry so much about these dreams. Don't beat yourself up about them. It's natural. Check out my thread in general discussions as it may help you to come to terms with, understand, and possibly even embrace your nature: "Phase State (LD/OOBE/AP): A Question of Fidelity and Rules."

Good luck and sweet sexy dreams... ;-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 08 Mar 2014 00:43

Correction: I wouldn't worry about such dreams. (Sorry, I'm using my phone.) :-D

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Mar 2014 11:07

In another i cheated on him with a version that was living on the streets and looked like he was on some kind of serious drug.

That doesnt sound like wanting him to be better but is more a downgrade of him and swapping him for a homeless guy doesnt seem to be about wanting him to be better. It could indicate that you were bored of your relationship or felt it was getting stale and after a bit more excitment in it or if you were wanting something different in the relationship.. wanting "A CHANGE" in things or something.

I think its actually more likely (but who knows only you can know what feels right about it) that he could be representing yourself.. a masculine quality of yourself that you are like "cheating" on... are you doing something which is not really being true to yourself? or you lying to yourself in some way?

i felt an extreme guilt and wrong feeling for what i was doing

To try to work out what your dream is about.. try to tune into that feeling, how you felt and see if there is anything in your life in which you feel the same feel the same.. guilt and wrong about (but its likely to be not as strong feeling as dreams often intensify feelings).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

tpratt

Postby tpratt » 18 Jun 2014 22:26

Dreams are funny things. What is happening, usually has little to do with its meaning. Dreaming about cheating usually signifies sexual passion. Not for the person you are with in the dream necessarily, just in general. Dreaming about your boyfriend being a different version of himself implies that your existing relationship has moved on to a higher level. The relationship has moved toward a more serious phase.

So in my opinion, you're not dwelling over your boyfriend's short comings, but rather feeling more passionate toward him because of your escalating relationship. Hope this helps :)

Return to “Dream Interpretation”