11 and want to lucid!!!!!!!!!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ExcitedToLucid

11 and want to lucid!!!!!!!!!

Postby ExcitedToLucid » 17 Mar 2014 23:16

Um, i am 11 yrs old and want to start lucid dreaming. I have tried MILD, WILD, and FILD. Even sleep paralysis. Sometimes i have trouble going to sleep and stay up until 11:30 trying to sleep. I keep a dream journal and reality checks are like my life, but i STILL can't have a lucid dream. PLEASE HELP AND PROVIDE FEEDBACK. thank you

torakrubik

Re: 11 and want to lucid!!!!!!!!!

Postby torakrubik » 18 Mar 2014 02:04

You're making a good start with a dream journal and reality checks. One thing I will stress however: you shouldn't be 'trying' sleep paralysis; it isn't at all necessary in order to have lucid dreams. It also isn't a technique in itself, so I'd stick to the likes of MILD for now. If your mornings allow it, try the WBTB method; I find it has a pretty high success rate and is great for boosting beginners' confidence.
Keep up the good work, and don't get frustrated. Your lucid will happen at some point.
Dreaming is my drug

ExcitedToLucid

Postby ExcitedToLucid » 18 Mar 2014 02:11

Thank you so much for responding, i will try more MILD. You are AWESOME!!!

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 18 Mar 2014 15:42

I also recommend MILD, usually its better for beginners than WILD.

And no matter what, keep writing your dreams and doing reality checks:

Writing your dreams makes them so much more vivd, alive and memroable.

And ofcurse reality checks always good if you want to make sure you are dreaming or not, plus you may do that in the dream un-conscious which makes you conscious after.

Good luck!
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 19 Mar 2014 10:42

"Sometimes i have trouble going to sleep and stay up until 11:30 trying to sleep. "

I suggest not to be doing WBTB as at your age you really do need your sleep and you could end up with worst sleep issues!!! (you need to be getting good nights sleep as its when you grow etc). Seeing you already have trouble with getting to sleep (11 year olds should be asleep by then! You should be getting 9-10hrs sleep per night at your age). I do not think its a good idea to be further disturbing your sleep during school nights or regularly.

Maybe wake yourself up just one hour earlier on weekends for 5 mins then try to go back to sleep in a position you do not usually sleep in eg on your back can help trigger off a lucid if you go back to sleep while thinking about it and observing yourself go to sleep. .. or try again at WILD. You may be doing the WILD technique wrong if you share how you are doing it maybe someone will give some advice.

You didnt say how long you have been trying for, you may need to be patient and try a method for a 3 weeks before deciding the method isnt right for you and hence going to a different one.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”