Ummm... how do I remember my dreams?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Creator

Ummm... how do I remember my dreams?

Postby Creator » 22 Aug 2013 14:52

BEFORE YOU FLAME ME, LET ME EXPLAIN: I know how to remember my dreams, journaling, right? but when i forget my dream one night, it's like a forgetting chain, i keep forgetting....

the question is: If I forget my dream, one night.. what can i do to remember the next couple nights? or do i just wait?

OH, and in the mean time, when I'm waiting, should I do reality checks? is that a good idea?
I will soon be the GOD of lucid dreaming.

tea

Re: Ummm... how do I remember my dreams?

Postby tea » 22 Aug 2013 18:02

what do you mean 'while waiting'? waiting for what?

anyway, my main question is: how do you keep your journal? is it the first thing you do after waking up - even before standing up? and, do you write in it, even when you can't remember? (like: "can't remember" or so)
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

FrostyGreenacre

Postby FrostyGreenacre » 22 Aug 2013 20:38

I am not great at always keeping my journal updated. sometimes life just gets in the way and I end up in a hurry just to keep up with my social life that I sleep late and skip writing it in the morning, or worse, wake up hung over and figure I'll write my dreams after a much needed glass of water, only to forget completely.

Usually when I'm ready to buckle down and get back into the swing of things I simply go to bed an hour early. For me, I usually try to get 8 hours. So instead, I'll try to get 9. the extra hour gives me more time to relax, and I'll know that if I wake up after a dream, I've got time to write it down and then go back to bed.

It's worked pretty well for me so far, although really I just need to keep up with it and stop prioritizing 10 minutes extra sleep over keeping the journal updated.

tea

Postby tea » 24 Aug 2013 21:08

in a different thread, Tylanni wrote:

There are a lot of ways to assure you will remember a dream! I would suggest sleeping in a different place or setting an alarm for six hours after you fall to sleep. If you wake up and don't remember a dream, set your alarm for two hours and go back to sleep.
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Son Of Somnus

Postby Son Of Somnus » 26 Aug 2013 13:03

Set alarm to wake up you up 4.5 hours after you go to sleep (when you actually fall asleep, not when you get into bed). When you wake up record any dreams on paper, do this in case the dream does not make it into your long term memory for the morning. Set alarm to wake you up in 1.5 hours and go back to sleep. Wake up, record any dreams on paper. Continue waking up every 1.5 hours until you can no longer go back to sleep or have to get up for school/work.

Give it a shot at least, this tactic is very reliable for some people.
Am I dreaming? Is this a dream?
The next time I am dreaming, I will realise that I am dreaming.

loulouroos

Postby loulouroos » 18 Mar 2014 23:38

Last edited by loulouroos on 27 Mar 2016 23:28, edited 1 time in total.
... And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.
-R. Dahl

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 19 Mar 2014 02:41

Just make a point to write something down when you wake up, even if you don't remember anything, just write something down. The very idea that you will write something down generally prepares your mind to remember the dream. And if you don't, at least you wrote something down, which will help out next time.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”