wild and hit method

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
onebuell

wild and hit method

Postby onebuell » 16 Jan 2012 22:05

Hi , I wonder if some one can either give me a link to this method to help me explore the realm between consciousness and sleep as it is important for me to be able to hold myself in the hypnagogic state or to fall into it with as much ease as possible.... as in my line of "work"... it will be extremely useful to be able to get into this state of mind at will as and when i require. Currently methods i use is to kind of slip off into a deep meditative state and alter my level of consciousness, however it takes longer to achieve this and does not always put me into the deeper state that i so need. see the link below for "Trance Mediumship"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediumship#Trance_mediumship

Snaggle

Re: wild and hit method

Postby Snaggle » 17 Jan 2012 11:35

onebuell wrote:Hi , I wonder if some one can either give me a link to this method to help me explore the realm between consciousness and sleep as it is important for me to be able to hold myself in the hypnagogic state or to fall into it with as much ease as possible.... as in my line of "work"... it will be extremely useful to be able to get into this state of mind at will as and when i require. Currently methods i use is to kind of slip off into a deep meditative state and alter my level of consciousness, however it takes longer to achieve this and does not always put me into the deeper state that i so need. see the link below for "Trance Mediumship"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediumship#Trance_mediumship

Lets save everyone some time :D

wikipedia wrote:Trance mediumship
"Trance mediumship" is often seen as a form of mental mediumship.

Most trance mediums remain conscious during a communication period, wherein a spirit uses the medium's mind to communicate. The spirit or spirits using the medium's mind influences the mind with the thoughts being conveyed. The medium allows the ego to step aside for the message to be delivered. At the same time, one has awareness of the thoughts coming through and may even influence the message with one's own bias. Such a trance is not to be confused with sleepwalking, as the patterns are entirely different. Castillo (1995) states,

Trance phenomena result from the behavior of intense focusing of attention, which is the key psychological mechanism of trance induction. Adaptive responses, including institutionalized forms of trance, are 'tuned' into neural networks in the brain.[9]
In the 1860s and 1870s, trance mediums were very popular. Spiritualism generally attracted female adherents, many who had strong interests in social justice. Many trance mediums delivered passionate speeches on abolitionism, temperance, and women's suffrage.[10] Scholars have described Leonora Piper as one of the most famous trance mediums in the history of Spiritualism.[11][12][13]

In the typical deep trance, the medium may not have clear recall of all the messages conveyed while in an altered state; such people generally work with an assistant. That person selectively wrote down or otherwise recorded the medium's words. Rarely did the assistant record the responding words of the sitter and other attendants. An example of this kind of relationship can be found in the early 20th century collaboration between the trance medium Mrs. Cecil M. Cook of the William T. Stead Memorial Center in Chicago (a religious body incorporated under the statutes of the State of Illinois) and the journalist Lloyd Kenyon Jones. The latter was a non-medium Spiritualist who transcribed Cook's messages in shorthand. He edited them for publication in book and pamphlet form.[14]

Could you describe what you mean by "and hit method"? You also need to consider exactly what sort of hypnagogic state you you're aiming for:

1. Body fully awake and active, mind awake except for the dream image. This is the state that exists in martial arts in ch'i visualization in the martial arts. Also happens spontaneously to people who see apparitions of saints o demons. This visualization takes a lot of incubation and practice to achieve so is likely not useful to you.

2. Body fully awake, but not active, brain awake except for the dream image,eyes open as in the first. One "see" a heavily incubated image, e.g. yidam yoga practiced by Tantric/ Vajrayana/ Lamaist/ Tibetan Buddhists in which one trains oneself to create/ visualize ones Tutelary deity, also in an uncontrolled manner by people seeing visions of saints.

3. Body fully awake, mind awake except for the dream image(s), eyes closed. This is much easier to achieve than the first two, but unless the image(s) has been heavily incubated the image is static.

4. Body put into a drowsy state that quickly becomes sleep with the eyes closed-the normal full WILD entry method. The images are usually less dynamic, but can be of movie quality. If one moves ones body it wakes up and likewise if one opens ones eyes one is awake.Initially one retains sensual awareness; dream and real events can't always be told apart. The dream images can appear instantly upon closing ones eyes or take a little while to appear. In a normal full WILD this state will break into a momentary transitional dream image which is inspired by the onset of muscle atonia followed by rem sleep in which the dreams are more dynamic and in which one is usually an active character in them. One can still restore normal physical awareness and move or wake up at will, but this is not certain. One often will have a false awakening. In the rare event of strong emotions being inspired one will normally have no control over this state.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

onebuell

Re: wild and hit method

Postby onebuell » 18 Jan 2012 11:22

Hi thank you for your reply, Firstly the "hit" method was mentioned somewhere in the forum along with the "wild" although they did not explain exactly what they were!! i took it that they were "tools or methods" used to assist in entering the hypnagogic state. As near as i can see from the options you listed for me , believe the 4th option would best suit the condition i wish to get into ... i need my mind to be unaware of what is around me but not to exactly fall into a sleep state as such, but in an altered state that puts my conscious mind away so to speak.... I have no previous knowledge of hypnagogic states or the "wild " etc methods that have been spoken of on here , so apart from my own meditative practices and concentration methods these are the only tools i have . Many thanks for your input and response. Colin. ;)

Return to “Paranormal Activity”