Hey

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Lindsey

Hey

Postby Lindsey » 19 Mar 2014 17:09

Hey this is Lindsey. I live in the US. I'm completely new to lucid dreaming. i read about it somewhere and thought that it was awesome and i wanted to try to have one. i've been trying for the wild technique, but i don't think i'm doing it right. i'm not going to quit though!! i'll keep trying. if any of you have any tips, they would be greatly appreciated. thanks a bunch!!

GalMutzafy

Re: Hey

Postby GalMutzafy » 19 Mar 2014 17:55

If you are a begginer, try the MILD and WBTB teqnicues, their very good for starters.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Lindsey

Postby Lindsey » 19 Mar 2014 18:01

thanks. can you give me info on what those are exactly? mostly the second one. i've heard of the first one but can't remember what it stands for. but i've never heard of the second one.

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 19 Mar 2014 18:08

Lindsey wrote:thanks. can you give me info on what those are exactly? mostly the second one. i've heard of the first one but can't remember what it stands for. but i've never heard of the second one.

MILD - Mnemonic induced lucid dream - it's when you go to sleep, and constantly thinking and telling yourself that tonight you will have a lucid dream, for example: ''tonight I will have a lucid dream'' or ''tonight I will realize that I am dreaming'', you can make yourself your own words, what suits you best.

WBTB - wake back to bed- it's pretty cool teqnicue, it's when you set an alarm clock after six hours of sleep, wake up (Recommended that you won't get out of your room and start wondering around your house), start reading about lucid dream, maybe in the computer or books, and then after 20-60 minutes (again, what suits you, after a few tries you would know), go back to sleep and you can also think and do the MILD teqnicue, it will help.

Good luck, its an amazing thing.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Lindsey

Postby Lindsey » 19 Mar 2014 18:12

thanks so much. i'm really exited. i really want to lucid dream.

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 19 Mar 2014 18:14

Lindsey wrote:thanks so much. i'm really exited. i really want to lucid dream.

Also remmember to write down your dreams in a dream jurneal and doing reality checks throughout the day, its important.

Lindsey

Postby Lindsey » 19 Mar 2014 18:20

okay. what kind of reality checks do you do? i've heard about writing an "a" (for awake) on your hand and checking it and then in your dream you will do it and realize you're dreaming. i've also heard about spining a coin and then you'll do it in your dream and it won't stop spinning so you'll know it's a dream. so what kind do you do? and how long do you have to do it to take it into your dreams?

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 19 Mar 2014 20:08

Lindsey wrote:okay. what kind of reality checks do you do? i've heard about writing an "a" (for awake) on your hand and checking it and then in your dream you will do it and realize you're dreaming. i've also heard about spining a coin and then you'll do it in your dream and it won't stop spinning so you'll know it's a dream. so what kind do you do? and how long do you have to do it to take it into your dreams?

I suggest you to do stuff more common like counting your fingers, looking at your hands, try to breath while shuting your nose with your hands.

The stuff you said may be difficult, because you wont always have A on your hands (unless its a tattoo).

Anyway, I suggest you the three things above, you can also wear a watch and do a reality check of it, seeing the hour, look ther other way and look again and see if the hour have changed.

Lindsey

Postby Lindsey » 19 Mar 2014 20:18

thanks again

Lindsey

Postby Lindsey » 19 Mar 2014 20:19

if you have any more tips, please share. thanks!! :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”