Jesus Christ's second coming happened?...

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
HAGART

Re: Jesus Christ's second coming happened?...

Postby HAGART » 20 Mar 2014 00:15

Whoa! Hold on! What are you doing?
There's no room for logic and rational thinking when it comes to religion!
Didn't you get the memo?

You have to use FAITH!
For example:
I cannot prove that God is a buffoon. I have to believe.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 20 Mar 2014 02:37

HAGART wrote:Whoa! Hold on! What are you doing?
There's no room for logic and rational thinking when it comes to religion!
Didn't you get the memo?

You have to use FAITH!
For example:
I cannot prove that God is a buffoon. I have to believe.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Bwaha! Couldn't have said it better...

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 20 Mar 2014 11:05

LOL! That's a good one, Hagart! We must have faith in the buffoon and I have faith that He is a buffoon and will take offence if people ridicule my believe. People, if you say I'm wrong, my buff God will smite you! :-D

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 22 Mar 2014 19:34

MAKER wrote: I know there have been several "second-comings" of Jesus (as well as many antichrist comings), and there are actually several of them alive at once at present

That says it all. Thou each group would tell you theirs is the real one :lol:

Is it me or is there more cults and stuff like that around then there used to be? Even here in Adelaide there was one of those doomsday cults which started out in the small suburb my mother was living in. We only found out about it when they hit the news cause the leader of it was corrupt and actually conning people out of a lot of money!! (they were thou buying up land outside of the city and storing guns and stuff too Im remembering right)

And there is of cause some well known cults about the place.. wont mention the name in case someone here is one and it offends. But one of those didnt want to know me at all cause I asked too many questions and they really did not like that!!!
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 23 Mar 2014 01:33

The pantheon of cults, paganism, and polytheistic religions are as rife as they used to be. Many beliefs have turned into myths but modern cults have filled that void. Take a look at the updated versions: Mormonism, New Age, Scientology...

But people are certainly more monotheistic these days. But those of us who have taken one step further in removing the final deity from our lives are also on the rise. Atheists certainly have more freedom than ever before. But we are not quite there yet...

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 23 Mar 2014 04:06

There's an ocean of sharks
They can sense a leak of blood;
They can sense a leak of mind
Don't wash ashore to their tide,
Stay peacefully abliss in the abyss.

I'm experimenting with poetry. 8-)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 23 Mar 2014 16:14

That's lovely, Hagart! My faves are from WH Auden, Philip Larkin and Omar Khayyam. You can get some inspiration from their poetry. Khayyam has lots of quatrains pertinent to what we've been doing: mocking the supposed validity of religious revelation. :-)

- Padmasambhava

MAKER

Postby MAKER » 24 Mar 2014 21:34

I've sold all my worldly possessions and have donated the proceeds to our lord and savior Lord Rayel (Minus the expenses to make the trek to Israel, and also my laptop that I'm using to post). I have received a vision from the second born again lord, and he has shown me what is to come. I post this as warning of all the bad stuff that is to come if you do not side with our lord and savior!
Man, just so much bad things and stuff that's going to happen in the future, and some in the not so distant future! Convert now or be condemned! :D

I kid, but I enjoyed reading everyone's responses. I love that there's a place in the internet where people can freely discuss all the strange, weird, and outright dubious (RE: Lord Rayel) subjects in the world, not to mention the holy grail of lucid dreaming.

HAGART's poem says it all! We gotta stay abliss!

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 25 Mar 2014 02:56

Ahhh... lucid dreaming! That's the best subject. Have any of you had religious experiences in lucid dreams? Seen Jesus, Buddha, Vishnu? Ever tried to reach a religious figure? Just trying to stay relevant to the topic whilst mentioning a subject we all hold dear...

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 25 Mar 2014 02:59

We should stay mentally distant and abliss. (Made that word up just to rhyme, but hey, Dr. Suess does it!) Others can do as they wish as long as it doesn't affect me. It's not like religion has caused any wars or anything, so it's all good. :)

My ideology won't work if the shit hits the fan. They'll have guns, but us in the Octopus's Garden will only have tridents. :(

(Summerlander replied as I was posting so I'll respond to that as well. I did once in a LD back in January 2013, a year ago. It was a dream challenge posed to me, 'Try and Find God in a LD', and if I remember correctly, you read it and replied. It was over 14 months ago, and I'll see if I can find it and make a link for those interested. It was a good dream. :D But perhaps more interesting to me than anyone else. Words don't do it justice and doesn't paint the full picture that my personal memory has.)

HERE's the thread and it's in there somewhere:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3026
I just read it again, and it brings back memories.

Return to “Off-Topic”