Violence in lucid dreaming

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Guitar48300

Re: Violence in lucid dreaming

Postby Guitar48300 » 19 Mar 2014 06:21

I've killed before in my dreams and it's lots of fun for me. Plenty of them were kills that I laughed about when I remembered it. And yes, I plan to kill some more. However I don't kill everything that opposes me and I never kill anything innocent or friendly. Like for example I had a dream where a cop was shooting me and I was trying to get him to stop and listen instead of kill him because I think killing police is wrong. Though they do make me nervous.

In my opinion I think DC's are like real people: They can have any type of personality, they can be my friend, best friend, enemy, random person in the background, nice, mean and so on. They can have their own opinion, make their own decisions and just be themselves.

But then there's also DC's that we create/spawn for certain purposes. Like I want to spawn bad guys from video games just so I can kill them and have no regrets. And I want to make some DC's from various things I like just to have some friends to hang out with in the dreamworld. And then people make DC's for help with whatever their looking for in the dream.

When it comes to DC's I think it's just all up to the dreamer what they're supposed to be. But like I said it's my opinion I could be right, could be wrong, could be neither, it's just an opinion
Last edited by Guitar48300 on 21 Mar 2014 23:36, edited 2 times in total.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 19 Mar 2014 10:57

TillyPink wrote:taniaaust. snap. I also had a deep dream of savagely attacking my mother. It brought a lot to light! Although for me i didn't feel better for it, although i totally understood why lol! It just was a heads up that I still had issues of frustration and anger with her. Not being able to sort these in waking life, i then met her in a lucid dream and it was healing and beautiful! :) But I often use lucid dreaming for this purpose.

:) Glad to hear Im not the only one who's beat up their mother in a dream.

I think I must subconsciouslly usually avoid having her in my dreams (I guess that says something) as its one of the rare times Ive had her in one.

In a way creating a dream is really not much difference to someone being an author and writing a book.. choosing to dream a violent dream is like writing a horror story (writers run there stories over and over in their heads while writing them. Just imagine all the violence going around in someone like Stephen Kings head).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 20 Mar 2014 03:11

Well its simple... Your brain, your dream, your rules!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 20 Mar 2014 03:46

DreamerMan99 wrote:Well its simple... Your brain, your dream, your rules!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Exactly my thoughts
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Mar 2014 04:16

And we should all do that and find our own 'thought-police'. That's the line you don't cross and it's called scruples, or morals, or conscience....

I admittedly killed many DC's, but I'm no murderer. (I explained the difference earlier).

I actually, seemingly, brought people back to life in a lucid dream before! I can go both ways. I don't get congratulated for that!. We tend to focus on the dark side of things. Anyway, I'm just a kid in a candy store when it comes to lucid dreams! It's all an experiment, but emotions do enter the equations and be prepared for that....

I brought this up before, and I wonder if males tend to be more violent in lucid dreams, than females? And if so, why? Was it upbringing?
My brother has twins- zygotic twins of different gender. I love my niece and nephew, but when he gives a pink balloon to his daughter and a blue balloon to his son, I cringe, and hold my tongue! (The programming has already begin.....) :ugeek:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Mar 2014 11:06

HAGART wrote: I brought this up before, and I wonder if males tend to be more violent in lucid dreams, than females? And if so, why? Was it upbringing?
My brother has twins- zygotic twins of different gender. I love my niece and nephew, but when he gives a pink balloon to his daughter and a blue balloon to his son, I cringe, and hold my tongue! (The programming has already begin.....) :ugeek:

Maybe colours as such dont have a great effect as certain colours are something people either like or dont.
Yesterday my neighbor was making cringe.. she was screaming at her 2-3 year old son for "being a girl" cause he cried in the supermarket.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Mar 2014 19:02

I was using that example (which is a true story) as a simple metaphor to describe much more. There are many examples. If a person's daughter wants to play foot ball, and their son wants to be a cheerleader, some parents would actually have a hard time accepting that. I believe we are all basically the same, but it was society, and parenting that taught us that 'men are from Mars and women are from Venus'. (I don't want to change the direction of this thread, and just clarifying that.) My question still stands.... and perhaps it's more hypothetical and doesn't need to be answered, but something to think about.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Mar 2014 08:40

HAGART wrote:I was using that example (which is a true story) as a simple metaphor to describe much more. There are many examples. If a person's daughter wants to play foot ball, and their son wants to be a cheerleader, some parents would actually have a hard time accepting that. I believe we are all basically the same, but it was society, and parenting that taught us that 'men are from Mars and women are from Venus'. (I don't want to change the direction of this thread, and just clarifying that.) My question still stands.... and perhaps it's more hypothetical and doesn't need to be answered, but something to think about.

ah so do you mean that guys may be directed more towards violence due to upbringing eg .. as in my fathers day.. all little boys had guns!! (so they could play cowboys and indians) or in my daughters childhood days.. swords (eg jedi swords etc) were the thing boys had. So in a way boys fighting is really encouraged. (most parents wouldnt buy a little girl a play gun). I loved watching Western movies as a child with cowboys and indians..but I never had a toy gun.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Mar 2014 16:46

Boys do tend to (not always, but in general) play different games than girls when growing up. (The reason is another whole topic which doesn't have to be discussed here.) But that means boys and girls imagine and daydream differently, so therefore, our lucid dreams may have different content even later in life. I hear many others, and I've done this too, like to go around shooting people in their dreams for the fun of it. It's just a version of "Cowboys and Indians"! Us boys will be boys. 8-)

Unless any girls here speak up and admit they have done the same, I'm going to continue believing my theory that we guys have a natural propensity for violence in lucid dreams.

If they are the mindless, empty shell, zombie-type DC's, I don't feel remorse at all, and sometimes start messing with them, tossing them around like SIMs in a computer game, before I even realize what I was doing. It just comes naturally sometimes in a dream for me. (God Complex?) But if I feel that they are sentient, that's where I draw the line, and I treat them as my equal. Besides, those ones fight back! Maybe I'm just a dream bully..... :?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Mar 2014 17:28

Guitar48300 wrote:Plenty of them were kills that I laughed about when I remembered it.

This one time in a lucid dream I saw two guys in a red convertible and I summoned a huge boulder out of my field of view and it landed on the driver. Then I thought about doing the same to the passenger, but instead, the tinniest little pebble fell and bounced off his head. He apparently died as a result, but I thought it was hilarious at the time. It was like a funny movie to me, and nothing more.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”