Contact from Another World?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
mralexguy

Contact from Another World?

Postby mralexguy » 20 Mar 2014 08:32

So, about a month ago, I had an odd experience during REM sleep. I'm not sure what to classify this as, so I guess lucid will work. Well anyway, I stayed the night at my mother's house. I slept in the guest bed, she slept in the living room. I woke up with sleep paralysis and a loud buzzing in my ear. I could fight the buzzing sound, but i decided to let it overwhelm me. The result was a deep voice telling me to stay in bed. I could hear my own thoughts leaving my hears, as if the knowledge I knew was being re-spoken into my ears, but instead of going in, the words were going out. Out of fear, I closed my eyes and basically accepted my fate, as I was still a little groggy and too tired for logical thinking. I awoke again, this time light was entering the room. I paid no mind earlier, but it came to my attention that it was dark the first time i woke up. So i had been asleep for some time. I got up immediately and ran to my mom in the living room to tell her about my wild experience. She wasn't in the living room, so I ran into the kitchen to find her putting dishes away, and her friend having coffee at the table. As soon as I opened my mouth to tell my mom, the deep voice came back and said loudly "she isn't your mother, you must go back to sleep" and my mom said "i'm not an alien, baby, i'm your mom" and I said "I didn't say you were an alien". She began to stare intently and walk closer to me. The voice said "NO! get back to sleep! She is NOT your mother! GO NOW! RUN!" so I ran toward the bedroom as fast as I could. On my way there, I stubbed my toe on the coffee table, but I kept running. I jumped right into bed and fell asleep almost the instant my body made full contact with the sheets. I woke up one last time with the light just as bright as before. This time, I was completely coherent, But my toe didn't hurt anymore. I asked the voice what was happening. He said "Your services are needed by us. We need more information." I walked into the kitchen completely oblivious to the alien ordeal. I started to talk to my mom, and nothing was wrong. Her friend wasn't there, and I don't remember seeing a coffee mug. But, there were also dirty dishes in the sink, but only bowls and plates. No mugs cups for whatever reason. The dishwasher wasn't on because I remember silence beyond the conversation. I can come to the conclusion that the second time i woke up was only a dream, because it didn't fit with reality. My toe was fine (although I didn't know it at the time), and the dishes were dirty. The voice then blurted out "You have been assigned a task, now do it!" I knew instantly what to do. I just don't know how to put it into words. I had to go to places near banks, though. And I remember short dialogue with the voice. Some bits about being more powerful than the devil himself, but being sin free and having no connection with spirits. I concluded that this was the work of an extraterrestrial being, but I didn't care because that's pretty awesome. While walking, I saw one of my friends. The first thing he said was "It's a pretty nice day for..." and i cut him off and said "a snow day! yeah, I know!" (it seemed to be in the mid 30s in a month of -10 degree weather; Which is not unusual for Illinois). Other things happened that are hazy in my memory, but I did ask the voice if this was all real, and he said "when your task is complete you may return to bed and you will find out". So i finished whatever it was that I was doing, and he said to me "You will lay down and instantly awaken." I then said "yeah, so?" and the last thing he said was "Your task is now complete. You may now go home and go to bed. And as for your confirmation,....toe....". I had no clue what he was talking about. But I went home, and laid down. When I woke up (which seemed like I laid down, stared at the ceiling, blinked once, and got up) I looked at my foot. My toe was throbbing. This time I was sure I was awake, with no doubt. I was coherent, my reasoning was flawless, and my legs itched (i have eczema). I went to tell my mom, and saw the time was round 9 or 10. I said "there's no school today, huh?" she said "nope. it's a snow day". I then asked her if i got up earlier, and she said "no, why do you remember getting up?" then I gave her the whole story of the events that had taken place. She said her friend never sat down for coffee, but she did do dishes. So something from every time I woke up was valid. And ever since that dream, I have had the feeling that I am being watched, and i have had 2 dreams similar since then. One was just last night, and it's the one that inspired me to share the story. 1 dream is just a creepy dream. 2 is a coincidence. 3 that all relate, and bring up events I don't even know in my conscious? Now that's something beyond my control, and i do feel as some omnipotent being has commandeered my mental state and presents itsself in my REM sleep in wide arrays of physical, mental, and emotional states. Something more powerful is out there, and I hope someone who reads this has had a similar experience. I will post the other stories tomorrow if I find the time. But as for tonight, I am going to attempt to have a lucid dream and become one with the parasitic voice, and try to learn a little more about it, because the suspense is killing me!

Summerlander

Re: Contact from Another World?

Postby Summerlander » 20 Mar 2014 11:51

You are being monitored by aliens because you are an unusual human being. Your dreaming mind is able to access precognitive powers and the aliens are interested. My hypothesis. ;-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Mar 2014 12:21

mralexguy wrote: I woke up with sleep paralysis and a loud buzzing in my ear. I could fight the buzzing sound, but i decided to let it overwhelm me. The result was a deep voice telling me to stay in bed. I could hear my own thoughts leaving my hears, as if the knowledge I knew was being re-spoken into my ears, but instead of going in, the words were going out. Out of fear, I closed my eyes and basically accepted my fate, as I was still a little groggy and too tired for logical thinking. I awoke again, this time light was entering the room. I paid no mind earlier, but it came to my attention that it was dark the first time i woke up. So i had been asleep for some time. I got up immediately and ran to my mom in the living room to tell her about my wild experience. She wasn't in the living room, so I ran into the kitchen to find her putting dishes away, and her friend having coffee at the table. As soon as I opened my mouth to tell my mom, the deep voice came back and said loudly "she isn't your mother, you must go back to sleep" and my mom said "i'm not an alien, baby, i'm your mom" and I said "I didn't say you were an alien". She began to stare intently and walk closer to me. The voice said "NO! get back to sleep! She is NOT your mother! GO NOW! RUN!"

To me that sounds like a false awakening. The deep voice speaking to you telling you she wasnt your mother.. was your own subconsciousness (which on some level would of known she wasnt actually real but only just part of your dream.

When I woke up (which seemed like I laid down, stared at the ceiling, blinked once, and got up) I looked at my foot. My toe was throbbing. This time I was sure I was awake, with no doubt. I was coherent, my reasoning was flawless, and my legs itched (i have eczema). I went to tell my mom, and saw the time was round 9 or 10. I said "there's no school today, huh?" she said "nope. it's a snow day". I then asked her if i got up earlier, and she said "no, why do you remember getting up?" then I gave her the whole story of the events that had taken place. She said her friend never sat down for coffee, but she did do dishes. So something from every time I woke up was valid.

Thou you have something which you say was valid, I personally do not think these things were unusual at all events.. besides even when you are asleep you may be aware of someone doing dishes in your house due to the noise of it or that a certain person is visiting due to hearing their voice in the house.

And ever since that dream, I have had the feeling that I am being watched, and i have had 2 dreams similar since then.

Who knows but maybe you read too much in your false awakenings and hence now have become a little paranoid?? (it can happen)... or just maybe you are right (but that dream did sound like it did come from your own dream self).

A talking voice.. Ive at times heard my own subconciousness talking... even to the point where I could hold a convo with it at times while in a deep state.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 20 Mar 2014 17:28

My subconscious once told me to kill my wife. It's a good thing that I'm not religious otherwise I might have assumed that it was God talking to me during sleep paralysis and done it.

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

mralexguy

Postby mralexguy » 20 Mar 2014 20:19

taniaaust1: i'm completely open to all logical assumptions, and yours is the most logical out of all that I have received, and i've told probably 15 people. The only issue with the dishes/friend over deal is that the house is brand new and air tight, and it isn't exactly small. For me to hear the dishwasher or someone talking in the kitchen, i would have to have complete silence, and all of the doors open. The kitchen is 3 rooms and a perpendicular hall away. Other than that, your assumption would make sense to me. But I did have other dreams involving the same situation. This time, it was a little more weird. I'll post about it tonight if i find the time to.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 20 Mar 2014 21:50

What about echoes? Or even the sensory input of slight sound frequencies? Imagine that these faint sound waves, despite having been barely potent to be perceived by a wakeful person in your room, were in fact captured by your sleeping head and discerned by the subconscious mind from irrelevant cacophony...

It seems viable to me and you must admit, mralexguy, that my proposal manages to salvage the tenability of taniaaust1's theory - which is the most logical on this page. Do post about other experiences you've had and include as many details as possible as it will aid our assessment. 8-)

- Padmasambhava

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 21 Mar 2014 02:00

You had a false awakening which gave you lucidity, and remember you are always more aware the closer you get to awakening, and you picked up on the dishes being washed, and your mom's friend coming over. Or, if not those, it is sheer coincidence. They aren't very uncommon things for a mother to do, such as wash dishes. :P
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 21 Mar 2014 02:43

^^What a great refinement of tania's tenable theory! I'm liking the way a lot of people are thinking in this site. Logic and reason prevail.

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Mar 2014 09:45

Summerlander wrote:My subconscious once told me to kill my wife. It's a good thing that I'm not religious otherwise I might have assumed that it was God talking to me during sleep paralysis and done it.

oh lol. Lucky you obviously passed the sanity check.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Mar 2014 09:51

Summerlander wrote:What about echoes? Or even the sensory input of slight sound frequencies? Imagine that these faint sound waves, despite having been barely potent to be perceived by a wakeful person in your room, were in fact captured by your sleeping head and discerned by the subconscious mind from irrelevant cacophony...

It seems viable to me and you must admit, mralexguy, that my proposal manages to salvage the tenability of taniaaust1's theory - which is the most logical on this page. Do post about other experiences you've had and include as many details as possible as it will aid our assessment. 8-)

That made me think of a time when I was in deep meditation listening to one of my subliminal tapes. I'd never been able to hear the subliminals (one isnt supposed to do so!) but on this occassion..somehow.. I actually did and could clearly hear what they were saying. (I even later went and checked what the subliminal message was supposed to be and found out that I did in fact hear the message which apparently went over and over). Just one couldnt hear it with normal hearing in a normal state.

So it seems in very deep states we may hear things which we usually never would. Another time when meditating.. It's ridiculous but I really think I heard bird shit hit the roof (something I'd never heard before).

The subconciousness may be far more aware of sounds then we are..

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”