For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Postby loulouroos » 20 Mar 2014 22:59

Last edited by loulouroos on 27 Mar 2016 23:22, edited 1 time in total.
... And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.
-R. Dahl

Re: Was I close?!

Postby Kman43759 » 20 Mar 2014 23:09

Well ive heard stories of people hearing buzzing and then going into the dream but im not quite sure.... I think thats what the buzzing/shaking was
So your my answer is yes you were very close

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Journey
Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Forum ( IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM!!! I LOVE THIS FORUM)

Postby Snaggle » 21 Mar 2014 00:51

Opinions vary on this, but I would say you were already asleep. Youtube this video fro an explaination of the sound.
Science of SP Pt 2: Listen Up!
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Postby Tylanni » 21 Mar 2014 01:29

Astral projection:)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Mar 2014 08:12

No not necessarily close. That's often related to astral projection experiences like the other said.. you were close to having an out of body experience.

Really all the things you felt indicates was that your body was basically sleep and you being a bit aware while its doing so. It indicates you were extremely deeply relaxed.

To be getting close to a dream state (or a WILD) you dont just need the body properly relaxed or asleep (as above) but also to stay awake consciously while the mind starts to drift (hence then enters a dream). Its the mind drifting which starts causing a dream and keeps it going (whereas if you rather decided to get into astral projection, instead of letting your mind drift and let go.. you'd instead focus hard on body separation and keep your mind highly stimulated not allowing it to drift into a dream state).

Anyway.. you are at that point of having half a right state.. you need body relaxed for either LD and astral projection states but its only half way there.

With LD you are getting close when you start going into very short daydreaming episodes eg having strange thoughts starting to come in before you catch them, seeing images or starting to have your senses split as you move into a dream ... or you may just move straight into it and skip those other things so hence they arent necessarily important. seeing images, sleep paralyses or other things one hears about quite often here are not necessarily for a LD..what is important is the right state of relaxation!! both of body and mind.

If you want to go for an OBE, do not allow your mind to drift at all, do not let mentally go (its the opposite to what you should do if you want to have a LD) and focus on that body shaking (tremors/vibrations) in a way to intensify it (like tune into it).. once it reaches a extremely strong point (I myself find it unbearable at that point).. you will probably be thrown out of you body.. or another good way to get out is when its very intense.. summersault (that usually freaks me out as I think Im going to fall out of bed! but does work for me well it my state is right). it can catapult you out of body at that point.. or if your mind does let go ...you may go into a dream (one can experience a bit of both).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”