Predicting the future with LD and deja vu?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
James

Predicting the future with LD and deja vu?

Postby James » 18 Jan 2012 22:56

I had an idea. As people learnt to recognise when they were dreaming, why can't we recognise when we are having the frist side of a deja vu? Im not sure how but we could use this to predict the future maybe? Post comments on what you think about it.
Was it worth it?

HAGART

Re: Predicting the future with LD and deja vu?

Postby HAGART » 19 Jan 2012 00:52

First of all, I love your signature line at the bottom. Michael Scannell is a genius! 8-) :lol:

Deja Vu is an interesting phenomenon. My last one was about 12 years ago. I would get them from time to time as a child. But I think there is a connection between lucidity of dreams and lucidity of 'waking reality'. And Deja Vu is kinda like that "aha!", Eureka moment we can get in a dream which makes it lucid.

My last one I had, many years ago, I remember predicting the sound of a kitchen, table knife falling to the floor a few seconds before it happened. It was only a few seconds, but it was like I was not keeping up with the time of reality. It's weird and that's why it is a phenomenon.

Precognition in a lucid dream is a possibilty.

I have an experiment I want to try and I will post it in a different section.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 19 Jan 2012 01:14

I have Deja Vu feelings a lot of the time, but it doesn't feel like I will know what will happen in the future. It's more of feeling of recognising what is happening as it's happening. Not a feeling of having seen it before, just that I just know it. Yesterday I was having it a lot and wondering if the feeling is an awareness on a different level that we are making things happen like we do in LDs.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 19 Jan 2012 03:52

I had a dream in which I felt 'Deja Vu". It was in the past few months. I have it written down, but I am not going to go through my dream journal right now.

BUT, I had a 'Deja Vu' moment within a dream. It wasn't lucid. But I do feel like lucid dreaming and deja-vu, (or however you call it) are connected in some way.

LUCIDITY OF REALITY

James

Postby James » 19 Jan 2012 18:52

No, i mean be able to tell the first end of it in the dream before it happens in waking reality. maybe its a dream that has NoThinG unual about it, so you get it from a reality cheack out of the blue.
Was it worth it?

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 20 Jan 2012 00:06

HAGART wrote:I do feel like lucid dreaming and deja-vu, (or however you call it) are connected in some way.

I completely agree and I think I understand this connection now.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Jan 2012 01:31

lucidinthe sky wrote:I have Deja Vu feelings a lot of the time, but it doesn't feel like I will know what will happen in the future. It's more of feeling of recognising what is happening as it's happening.

yea, I remember how it felt for me, and it was more like I was completely aware of the present, not predicting the future. The past and future are only ideas in our heads. The past is a memory like a dream, and the future is only an idea, or a day dream of what we think could be. And the present never truly exists, because even a nano-second will soon become a memory and the next nano-second is a prediction our minds think, or dream could happen. At the smallest time interval, we don't perceive the present. We only think we do.

But with deja-vu, it sorta feels like we become distant and are just watching a 'movie' that is our lives and perhaps it has played many times before.

I think in the movie, 'The Matrix', it was mentioned as a 'glitch in the system'. It is kind of like that. I could use a lot of 'matrix' analogies which is probably why it struck a chord, and resonated with so many people. We all question reality at some level. I have more comparisons, but I'll save them for another time.

James

Postby James » 24 Jan 2012 17:09

Ok let me re-phrase this.

You have like a random 2min LD where ur talking to ur m8 and then sum1 trips over next to you, then after a bit someone sneezes

In waking reality your talking to your friend and sum1 trips over so your having a deja vu, but this time you were more aware in the dream side of it so you remember what happened. So you could tell the person your talking to "_____ is gonna sneeze in like 10 secs" and he does.

What you think about THAT?
Was it worth it?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”