Astral Travel, Lucid dreaming or OBE's ???

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
shadowphil

Astral Travel, Lucid dreaming or OBE's ???

Postby shadowphil » 08 Oct 2013 03:21

Hi I'm Phil and new to this site, Hey to you all.

Has Anyone Read a book called Less Incomplete by Sandie Gustus? Its Quite an Incredible read. I Have been able to lucid dream or and have OBE's. For as long as I can remember I have been having the sensations commonly attributed to either lucid dreaming or the start of Astral Travel. ie, I have had the vibrations you get and also had sleep paralysis for many years yet have never understood what or why they come about. But It was early this year after having the worst time of my life, Splitting from a girlfriend and then having severe sciatic back pain, that I Had a very vivid OBE. Seeing my sleeping self as an unconscious looking at my physical body.

I had many dreams before where there were beings around my house and where I believed I was awake yet none of the light switches would ever work. Is the Light switch thing a good indicator that you are Lucid? I thought this was a recurring nightmare. But after some research I discovered that I was In fact having either Lucid dreams or in the beginning's of Astral travel and or OBE's.

I have had some very odd Lucid dreams where I was seemingly held down by an entity or being that had considerable power but the odd thing is that one time the beings face was very familiar. He was a neighbour of one of my customers. Strange. Since then and before I have had less frightening experiences But am still learning to roll from my body after the noisy vibrational state. Ive yet to discover the astral planes or any spirit guides. Maybe this is Because I'm not very religious?

Can anyone give any advice as to what or how I can do this or make it easier to meet my guides. Also what do cats attacking you mean when your in control of your lucid dream? I was followed and scratched by at least 12 of them in one experience. But I was able to fly above them watching them watch me fly up.

Strange stuff indeed Any help or ideas on Astral Planes and guides woul

HeadlessScorpio

Re: Astral Travel, Lucid dreaming or OBE's ???

Postby HeadlessScorpio » 13 Mar 2014 16:10

If you think a dream is real it isn't lucid. Being lucid is when you realize this reality is a dream and start to control its path. If you have a dream about being held down or not being able to move its probably sleep paralysis. That is when your body is frozen. Usually you might have awful hallucinations
Dreams are a art, you have to paint the path, to create a masterpiece.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Mar 2014 02:07

Light switches not turning on is very common lucid dream symbolism possibly representing that you may not be quite aware as you are wanting to be.. or something in your life you arent understanding (eg no light/no enlightenment" into something)... or indicating some darkness (eg sadness) is in your life which you are struggling to overcome

Note.. an experience doesnt have to be either a LD or an AP.. its more complex then that.. its possible to be experiencing both the astral body and the dream body at the same time too (thou then you cant really trust the info being picked up is true due to the dream stuff manifesting too). Its no different really to have some kid may be at school daydreaming about something and possibly is in mind somewhere else for a short time in mindspace, while sitting behind his school desk. We are all capable of daydreaming while awake and hence also capable of doing the same some while having an AP.

Ive never heard of that book.

" Ive yet to discover the astral planes or any spirit guides. Maybe this is Because I'm not very religious? "

Probably not that. Its possible to meet someone you dont even believe in. Ive met Christ...which was very interesting to me as I actually wasnt Christian and still arent. Ive had two experiences thou with Christ... one a psychic one while fully awake and sitting in my lounge... and the other during a AP.

One thing Ive tried for years was to meet my spirit guides.. and I never could trigger off in APs doing that. Any experiences I had with those were spontanous and not expected (while awake.. so funny I cant get them happening during an AP). I dont try during a LD thou as I dont want to be not knowing what is real and what isnt due to the unconscious mind imput coming in strong..which could make something really have no more meaning then having a halluncination.

If you are supposed to meet a spirit guide, you'll probably meet one whether you belive in them or not.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 14 Mar 2014 05:35

I Have been able to lucid dream or and have OBE's. For as long as I can remember I have been having the sensations commonly attributed to either lucid dreaming or the start of Astral Travel. ie, I have had the vibrations you get and also had sleep paralysis for many years yet have never understood what or why they come about...But am still learning to roll from my body after the noisy vibrational state. Ive yet to discover the astral planes or any spirit guides. Maybe this is Because I'm not very religious?

Vibrations are not really associated with lucid dreams or even OBE. A "noisy vibrational state" is a strong dream sign that you're already asleep. Rolling from your body is likely just dream control also. It's extremely hard to known that ones dreaming when the dreamscape is the real world and you seem to be in your real body, even so, the light switches not working is a clear dream sign. When also your senses, memory and reason are working in one of these totally vivid/virtual reality dreams one needs to look for clear dream signs. Something not working as it should is a clear dreamsign, so is a shadow being reversed and not being cast the same way as the light source, or having something that should be on the right side be on the left side, or something being below that should be above or the strange object being just blinking out of existence or fading away. One's dreaming mind can confuse right or left or up with down; unfortunately in these vitrual dreams that seem to happen in the real world with you in your real body rarely have dreamsigns in them nor does reality testing in them work reliably. But when you get a clear dream sign in them you know that you are or were dreaming.

Ive yet to discover the astral planes or any spirit guides. Maybe this is Because I'm not very religious?

Can anyone give any advice as to what or how I can do this or make it easier to meet my guides. Also what do cats attacking you mean when your in control of your lucid dream? I was followed and scratched by at least 12 of them in one experience. But I was able to fly above them watching them watch me fly up.

I have a spirit guide/dream guide here take mine, fair warning though my dream guide is Death or the God of death Oden/Othin/Wotan. I wanted him to go away badly when he first started appearing to me in dreams ;). Those familar with Scandinavian mythology already know whom the "Hatman and Old Hag" accompanning him are. Those seeing Shadow Hatmen in SP should be deeply grateful that the Hatman is what they see ;) I personally think he's just a dream character, but people can believe whatever they want.

As for the cats, you can just fly out of your dream body or "astral body" too. I enter and leave the bodies of dream characters all the time and exist as a disincarnate consciousness. If I took the Occultists seriously I would believe that I was possessing "real people"...if so I'm the devil in their worlds :twisted:
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Mar 2014 10:08

I forgot to say I get a lot of cats in my dreams too, very common symbol for myself but I still havent been able to figure out exactly what it means for me yet except knowing the cats in my dream are me in some way. In my case probably ould represent being able to see in the dark eg see/understand things not usually seen. They also are a symptom of psychic power eg witches are said to have cat familiars (yeah we know that isnt true but the symbolics for it definition can stand)

Cats being able to see in the dark symbolism and meaning of increased awareness.. would match the flying up symbolism (when someone is up high.. one can see more!) and also the cats watching all that (good observation). When I try to deciper a dream for confirmation that I could be on the right track, I tend to look for the same meaning being said in different ways in the same dream. Its the only way to attempt to deciper anothers symbolism as any symbol can be taken so many different ways depending on the individual

I cant figure out right now what being scratched by a cat could mean... umm hurt by psychic power? hurt by something occultic? if it was a black cat which scratched ... hurt by some good awareness you have about something, something not usually realised?

Cats are also animals which very much like to do their own thing, they arent group players.. so I guess could also indicate taking a very individual kind of action could lead to some trouble (represented by the scratch).

Cats attacking while trying to LD could indicate you have some concern of LD. The cat specifically can represent an occultic skill and LD is one of many occultic skills. So someone fearing or worrying about LD is more likely to have cat symbolism then something like being attacked by dog. As you thou afterwards flew above them, it could represent that you had gotten over a concern you had about LD... risen above it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

HeadlessScorpio

Postby HeadlessScorpio » 14 Mar 2014 11:25

I don't really believe in spirit guides and have never had astral projections but I've had a dream guide
Dreams are a art, you have to paint the path, to create a masterpiece.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 22 Mar 2014 01:27

Where can I download "Less Incomplete" by Gustus for free? Sounds interesting. In turn I'll tell you about one you can dowload for free and can help you improve as a practitioner: "The Phase: A Practical Guidebook" by Michael Raduga.

The phase state = Lucid dreaming; astral travel; out-of-body experiences. (hybrid brain states compounding waking consciousness and dreaming.)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

soul2spirit

Postby soul2spirit » 25 Jul 2014 21:37

Shadowphil, yes I have these experiences all of the time. You are getting out of your body. The smothering feeling is you splitting and you are conscious of it so your astral self is pulling back and forth. You are looking down at your own body (or up at your astral which has scared the shit out of me) you cannot flip the switch because your astral has no mass to do it. People who sleep with me think I am awake and walking around the room and when they wake up and sit up the room is dark and I am sleeping. Lucid Dreaming and Astral Travel can mix throughout the night so it can get confusing as to what state you are in and what is happening. If you feel the vibrating, the pulling or bubling of your skin or someone in the bed, it is you getting out of your body. Stay calm, relax into it and become aware that it is happenning and you will actually experience walking through the veils of this plane and the next. It can be very unnerving at first but you will get used to it and it will become fun. It also helps with Lucid Dreaming because you become more aware in altered states.
http://soul2spirit.com/dream-work/

soul2spirit

Postby soul2spirit » 25 Jul 2014 21:43

Shawdopil, yes you have spirit guides! I know all of mine. I take my totems and my spirit guide gaurds into the dream state with me allways since I use this state to do healing work on myself and others. If you know how to use a pedulum you can ask. That is a good way to talk to your guides. For more info on that check the link in my sig.
http://soul2spirit.com/dream-work/

nawick

Postby nawick » 05 Sep 2014 17:09

yes I have these experiences all of the time. You are getting out of your body

Also remember that only people with souls can have OOBE and astral projection. Those who are born without souls can not.

We had a security guard who sat the front desk where I used to work. He would tell me stories of the neffilem and the never-born. He said that the never-born really were born, but just called that because they were born without souls. I tried to do a web search on it, but all I got was hits on video games, and Magic The Blathering. But according to his legends, if you confronted a never-born about it, they had to admit they had no soul, but would later try to cover it up.

I found his tales mildly amusing, but never really believed them. But maybe he has a point.
"If you believe that you can or if you believe that you can't - you are right." - Henry Ford.

Return to “Paranormal Activity”