Dream Recall Worsening?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
JonTheDreamer

Dream Recall Worsening?

Postby JonTheDreamer » 18 Mar 2014 16:25

The first week I started my dream journal I remembered 2-3 vivid dreams per night without even setting an alarm clock (I'm a light sleeper, I wake up between sleep cycles almost every time). Then I had my first semi lucid dream. The next 4 nights after this I have barely remembered any dreams. I have only remembered 3 "dreams," which were really just short, 15-20 second parts of dreams that were extremely vague compared to the vivid and long dreams I had been remembering.

I don't know what is happening, I haven't changed how I do anything. I lay in bed with my eyes closed an don't move after I wake up, so that I don't lose memory of dreams, but lately, I just haven't had any memory of them. I've still been waking up at the same times, I just can't recall anything. Am I doing something wrong? I would appreciate any advice, thanks.

GalMutzafy

Re: Dream Recall Worsening?

Postby GalMutzafy » 18 Mar 2014 16:29

First of all, it is good if you want to recall your dreams and you wake up a few times a night, it makes your dream memory fresh and good.

Secondly, sometimes you remmember, sometimes you don't, as you said, you didn't changed anything, you are doing the right things to remmember your dreams, but sometimes you just don't, it happens to everybody.

Just keep it that way as you always did and you will remmember again alot of dreams, and if you want you always can use your alarm clock.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 22 Mar 2014 17:24

I dont think you are doing anything wrong. Just make sure you try to remember the dreams and write any you do remember down immediately whenever you spontanously wake up even during middle of the night. Write down how you feel if you dont remember the dream eg "sad" "anxiouis" or whatever (as it gives a clue what dream was about).

I wouldnt suggest using an alarm clock to you seeing you are a light sleeper as it could give you more sleeping problems. (alarm clocks dont necessarily work either. I remember dreams worst if shocked awake.. its more conductive to my memory if Im waking up slowly while trying to recall a dream).

best luck. We can all go throu periods where suddenly dreams are harder to recall. So dont worry about this too much.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Kman43759

Postby Kman43759 » 22 Mar 2014 19:37

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Journey
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14621&p=39383#p39383
Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Forum ( IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM!!! I LOVE THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

Kman43759

Postby Kman43759 » 22 Mar 2014 19:38

LOL wrong thread... I posted a thread just like this
ROOOFLLLL SORRY

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Journey
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14621&p=39383#p39383
Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Forum ( IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM!!! I LOVE THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

JonTheDreamer

Postby JonTheDreamer » 23 Mar 2014 20:45

Thanks for the help everyone, I appreciate it. Last night I remembered multiple dreams again so I think its back to normal now.

Return to “For Beginners”