My eyes won't open!

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
Olivia

My eyes won't open!

Postby Olivia » 23 Mar 2014 19:37

This is sort of a weird problem, and so far I've looked and I haven't found anyone else who experiences this. So basically I have a lot of problems with vivid lucid dreams. They are often foggy and lacking in detail, and often times I will close my eyes in my dream and be unable to open them! As you can imagine this is incredibly frustrating. I have tried rubbing my hands together and shouting "clarity please" but that usually makes me wake up. Any advice?

Kirito

Re: My eyes won't open!

Postby Kirito » 23 Mar 2014 23:40

I had some issues with this earlier.

1) you dont have eyes in dreams, so why would you shut them?
2) grab your eyes and pry them open
3) eyelids closing? Screw that, I can see through my eyelids
4) keep them closed and lay down. Imagine yourself where your next dream goal is and make it feel like you are WILDing.
5) practice closing your eyes when your eyes are not bugging out. This is your dream, screw the rules. I can close my eyes if I want.
6) there is something covering my eyes, pretend you have glasses and then take glasses off!

These are things that I have done in dreams. I hope this helps. Any one of them can work in different situations. A lot of dreams it is better to just let it be a bit hazy at first and get involved in a task.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 24 Mar 2014 12:40

I get this too. Asking for clarity and it doesn't work. What i do is meditate in the dream. When it gets blurry, i put myself into a lotus position (right in the air, hovering and all), visually focus on something, stay still and breathe slowly. Most of the time, the scenary comes back.

Kirito

Postby Kirito » 24 Mar 2014 14:47

Highlander wrote:I get this too. Asking for clarity and it doesn't work. What i do is meditate in the dream. When it gets blurry, i put myself into a lotus position (right in the air, hovering and all), visually focus on something, stay still and breathe slowly. Most of the time, the scenary comes back.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 24 Mar 2014 15:06

Exactly like that, Kirito. :) But i keep my eyes opened.

Olivia

Postby Olivia » 24 Mar 2014 23:48

Thanks! I'll try those the next time I go lucid.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 Apr 2014 07:56

If I cant see in a dream no matter what the reason is, I just ignore it. After a time the sight will come in anyway (you'll forget your dream eyes are shut).

One thing which can be done while blind is the whats in my pocket dream challenge.. put your hand in your pocket and pull out and then feel in front of you what was in there (the concentration on the object may make your dream sight suddenly come in).

Dont forget that you dont need eyes to see in a dream either. You could try to with your thoughts, create a third eye for youself to see out from. Another thing you could do which is interesting.. call out for an eye doctor and think of one of those coming to fix your eyes (which could be a very interesting experience in itself). There are many creative ways to fix this issue.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

astrovineyard

Postby astrovineyard » 02 Feb 2015 23:38

If I may chime in, I ALWAYS had problems opening my eyes, and seemed to be the only one with this problem.

Of course in my case I was stuck in sleep paralysis, lucid enough to know it was a dream/condition to wake up to escape, but NOT in control, so helpless to do so.

Perhaps what is happening (if you haven't solved it yet) is that when you are lucid you are trying to open your REAL eyes, and since your muscles are paralyzed they don't respond. This would be like trying to move any part of you but couldn't, because you weren't trying to move your dream body, but your real one.

Just a thought. Personally I don't know how I would do one or the other. I'd probably wake up too soon. But it happens so rarely that I don't get the opportunity to practice. Hope to be changing that soon.

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 03 Feb 2015 02:18

While you are waiting for your dreaming mind to clarify your dream vision, you could be brave and move around in your dream, while concentrating on your other senses - touch (notice the textures of various dream surfaces), balance, smell, taste, hearing. - Call out, "Hello, is anyone else in this dream?", or make animal sounds and wait for a response. (Perhaps it's best not to make tiger or dragon sounds until you can see better.)

Jennakas

Postby Jennakas » 03 Nov 2016 21:45

I might be a bit late but other people might have similar problems too..

My lucid dreams usually start from my bed, with false awakening. So in many of my lucid dreams I have eyes closed first since I have "just woken up". And it's always hard to open them + I'm always afraid I open my eyes for real and wake up.

But I have found couple methods to open my eyes. First one was when I realised it was hard to open my eyes and by forcing them to open I was afraid I'd force myself awake. So I covered my head with a bed cover and opened my eyes in a complete darkness. Then I lift the cover away and ta-da I could see.

Second one happened last time. Woke up again, eyes closed. I couldn't force them open without waking up. So I did a nose reality check (you know- hold your nose and breathe through it) at the same time when I opened my eyes. Managed to stay in the dream while forcing my eyes open.
Nights when dreamt in total: 29
Lucid dream nights: 9
Started October 18th, 2016.

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”