lucid goals encouragement

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Kirito

lucid goals encouragement

Postby Kirito » 24 Mar 2014 00:55

Hey! I know I am new, and I feel wierd putting up a thread, but I thought that this might be a good thread for encouragement, reminiscing, and for noobs to get a good idea of how to set realistic goals.

Here is what you do!
Your lucid goal that you set in the past and accomplished in the past
How many LDs it took to accomplish
How many LDs you had at the time
The LD itself

So I shall start.
I want to have sex!
Sorry if this is a bit straight forward! Anyways. A lot of times as soon as I became lucid I didn't even think about it. I just ran at DCs and tried to sex them up. I probably tried 30+ times.
After about 120 LDs I finally managed it. (I will not post the gruesome details, just how I accomplished it.

I am dreaming! I should go do a goal! The DC of my wife turns over and jumps me. I try to remember a good stabilizing tech. I repeat "I'm dreaming" and rub my hands together, a little weird during sex, but meh, DC wife can deal with it. I start losing stability when we "start" and I start running my tongue through my teeth. Feeling the texture. I keep repeating I'm dreaming and I realize that I probably only have a minute in here... How should I speed things up? I run my tongue over my teeth again and reach under a pillow. There is a button there. I hit it and "finish". I get out of bed and go outside and look at the moon before waking up.

So it might have been a little laterthan most people, but I was able to finish dang it! I can do it without the button now, but it is nice to use if you are afraid of not finishing. :P sorry about the task I chose. This one just illustrates my point a lot.

So tell me your goals and what you have done to accomplish them!

Dreamometer

Re: lucid goals encouragement

Postby Dreamometer » 24 Mar 2014 04:19

Very nice!sex in LD for me is much less realistic :p

For me,me goal was to control my dream by voice commends. It took me 1-2 to achieve my goal.
This LD my 2nd or 3rd lucid dream and it happened about 3 years ago,so I probably forgot some details.

I woke up lying in my bed,I had a feeling it's a dream,so I did a RC,I tried to enter my finger thro the bed,and it worked,it was very cool!i got out of my bed,went to the living room,on my way I did the finger RC again,just for fun.i went outside of my house and I saw my street,almost one on one to reality, there was some kind of plant with a strange bee on it,the bee had beautiful color, it moved the wings like it was flying,very fast,but it was standing on the plant and nothing else moved except the wings,then I said "freeze!" As I said it the bee stopped as it was,it was awsome, I felt in control,the quality was better then reality,as weird it may sound,it was better.then I thought to myself "I better find a fast car to see how driving in a dream is" I saw a nice car with 2 DC sitting in the front, I said to them "get out!" And right away they got out no questions asked :) then I lost my lucidity and the dream end.it was a great LD, very funny and full of ego boosters,sense then, I have no problem controlling my dream.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Kirito

Postby Kirito » 24 Mar 2014 04:35

That is awesome. Control in dreams comes from the heart! :P

Thanks for contributing! You been LDing for 3 years?! That is awesome you beennon and off or on the whole time? Do you have a lot of LDs?

Dreamometer

Postby Dreamometer » 24 Mar 2014 05:01

Kirito wrote:That is awesome. Control in dreams comes from the heart! :P

Thanks for contributing! You been LDing for 3 years?! That is awesome you beennon and off or on the whole time? Do you have a lot of LDs?

I wish to have 3 years experience, but I was 2 months on then a year off and repeat :/ sadly..
But now I'm coming back big time!i had about 5 LD that are good enough to mention,I actually had much more,but it was poor and short,my LD with sex for example,very poor and short,but I guess it better then poor and short in real life :P

Kirito

Postby Kirito » 24 Mar 2014 14:34

Dreamometer wrote:

I wish to have 3 years experience, but I was 2 months on then a year off and repeat :/ sadly..
But now I'm coming back big time!i had about 5 LD that are good enough to mention,I actually had much more,but it was poor and short,my LD with sex for example,very poor and short,but I guess it better then poor and short in real life :P

Yeah! I often think of stabilization like sex. :P so it makes sense that stabilizing during sex would be twice as hard.
Like sex:
First few times are just gonna be short and you aren't gonna be able to calm down and accomplish much. Later on you may lose the "initial joy and shock", but it is more fun because you are better at it.

Dreamometer

Postby Dreamometer » 24 Mar 2014 19:09

Kirito wrote:
Dreamometer wrote:

Yeah! I often think of stabilization like sex. :P so it makes sense that stabilizing during sex would be twice as hard.
Like sex:
First few times are just gonna be short and you aren't gonna be able to calm down and accomplish much. Later on you may lose the "initial joy and shock", but it is more fun because you are better at it.

Then I guess the conclusion is inescapable!
Lucid dream=sex!
Another proof: we don't get on either of them as much as we wanted!
Me atleast :(

Kirito

Postby Kirito » 24 Mar 2014 20:39

Don't get discouraged! LDing is great! Taking time off and then coning back on, if yyoukeep like this you wI'll never enjoy LDing as much as you want to and you will always look at people that have more than you as something other than they are. They are just people like you that held on when they didn't feel like it and continued even when it got tough!

I don't get enough LDs (I'll never be satisfied!)... I have sex quite a bit though (I am married :P)

Dreamometer

Postby Dreamometer » 24 Mar 2014 21:11

Kirito wrote:Don't get discouraged! LDing is great! Taking time off and then coning back on, if yyoukeep like this you wI'll never enjoy LDing as much as you want to and you will always look at people that have more than you as something other than they are. They are just people like you that held on when they didn't feel like it and continued even when it got tough!

I don't get enough LDs (I'll never be satisfied!)... I have sex quite a bit though (I am married :P)

You absolutely right! I feel sorry for letting it go...but I'm going to change it :)
Although I'm not married,my girlfriend knows how to make me feel like a married man :/

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Mar 2014 02:39

Kirito wrote: A lot of times as soon as I became lucid I didn't even think about it. I just ran at DCs and tried to sex them up. I probably tried 30+ times.
After about 120 LDs I finally managed it.

:lol: oh boy, that is determination!!! 120 attempts :o . Ive got so frustrated over the about 10-15 times Ive tried to have sex while lucid over the years, as it always wakes me up and causes me to loose the dream... so I see it as being then a waste of a LD. but I guess sex must be far more important to you then it is to me :lol:

So tell me your goals and what you have done to accomplish them!

If I dont succede in something by trying in usually about 3 LDs, I'll then just quit trying to do that and do a different challenge. I have tons of challenges on my list (check out the 1000 things to do in a LD thread if you havent done so), so have better things i feel I can try if Im not succeding at something (if I hit the bottom of the list then I can try the stuff I previously failed at again but I have enough challenges I want to do to last me the next 3 years.

Ive wasted thou about 5 LDs on trying to find a guide. I did thou come the closest I ever did with that last night in LD when I found what I thought was a guide but then I couldnt hear him properly so still dont know if I did find a guide or not. He tried to take me somewhere else to talk (I assume so I could hear him better) but then we came to a fence, so sat in front of that time go to talk but then my cat then came into my bedroom meowing and woke me up. :evil: (not happy.. Ive been trying to talk to guides but not in LD thou for years).

Ive wasted about 7LDs over the years trying to fly. I still cant do that unless its with an aid eg on a flying chair. I can fly on a chair or on a mat, I can float but I just cant fly. (I end up soo frustrated when I fail at something Ive already failed in more then once).

It took me a few attempts with the whats in your pocket challenge (as I kept having no pockets and then it became a huge challenge to find some jeans to put on with pockets) but I did succede at that, it took a very long LD for me to do it as my subconciousness threw up so many challenges there eg I found some pants but they had no pockets when I looked, then when I found more elsewhere..ones with pockets, turned out they didnt fit me!. I went throu so many drawers, looking for clothes I could put on to do that challenge.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Kirito

Postby Kirito » 26 Mar 2014 04:12

Oh goodness no! Not 120 attempts! It was probably like 25 attempts. It was just after I hit 120 LDs. gotta watch the wording on forums or people will think I am a creep. I always tried to stay away from sex in LDs! Much easier in waking to have successful awesome sex. ;) I use LDing for exploring! I mean... Exploring other things. :P

I rarely fail at things in LDs anymore, not since I learned how to fly. People act like flying is the easiest thing ever, but it took me a while. My DG has helped me with that. If i really struggle with something he seems to come out and give me a new perspective. His perspective on flying aplies to all dream control and i haven't "failed" at much dream control since he gave that to me. I have only seen him 3 times BTW. I think that DGs are just consistent DCs that we make up, but they are useful! Good luck finding a guide. I think that it would be easier if you just believedin ghides and that they show up randomly. That expectation should leak over. :)

The most I have tried at something was going to SAO (sword art online) I wanted to play as kirito and go through aincrads levels. Each time I got there though the game was different and not quite like the anime. :/ got some good sword fights though. I made it there 20+ times and tried 30+ times. Wish I would have known then that I wasn't ready and could have spent the time on something I could have actually accomplished. :P

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”