opinions on first lucid dream

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
henryc

opinions on first lucid dream

Postby henryc » 24 Mar 2014 11:37

I cannot remember anything before I became lucid and aware, but when it happened I looked at my hands, one had hasd 3 large fingers and i stuck my finger through the palm of my other hand and it went straight through! all I could see in the background was black. after about 10 seconds i woke up. what should i do next time? my technique for this was to set my phone lock screen to a picture saying "are you dreaming?" whenever I saw it I looked at my hands and examined for about 10 seconds then moved on. any thoughts, suggestions or opinions are very much appreciated, thanks!

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

GalMutzafy

Re: opinions on first lucid dream

Postby GalMutzafy » 24 Mar 2014 12:19

henryc wrote:I cannot remember anything before I became lucid and aware, but when it happened I looked at my hands, one had hasd 3 large fingers and i stuck my finger through the palm of my other hand and it went straight through! all I could see in the background was black. after about 10 seconds i woke up. what should i do next time? my technique for this was to set my phone lock screen to a picture saying "are you dreaming?" whenever I saw it I looked at my hands and examined for about 10 seconds then moved on. any thoughts, suggestions or opinions are very much appreciated, thanks!

If you are getting lucid but you feel like you are gonna wake up, do this things:

1. Rub your hands for a few seconds.
2. Shout ''clarity now!'' or stuff like that, you command the dream to get more vivid and alive.
3. Touch what you see, it can be objects or your dream body.

This stuff can help you stablize the dream, make you more lucid and make the dream more vivid.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Dreamometer

Postby Dreamometer » 24 Mar 2014 13:12

I'd like to add for what Gal told you,that one of the most importend thing to stable a dream and control it,is to truly believe, or more correctly, to KNOW, that it actually your own dream, and there is not other option other then controllable and stable dream. Get that fact deep in your mind,and you will become much more lucid and the dream will obey your willing :)
Good luck

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

henryc

Postby henryc » 24 Mar 2014 21:19

thanks so much for your help guys I will be sure to use these next time it happens!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Mar 2014 23:42

Looking at ones hands and doing things with them eg as you did. pushing finger throu, can help to stabilize a dream and can also help get into your brain to accept that you are dreaming which is very important esp if you are new at this. I think you did the right thing by spending time on that. Many start off with that and then move on and do something else (next step would of been to do something like then rub them together briskly or to reach out and start touching and exploring things in your dream).

Ask yourself if you hesitated? hesitation on not knowing what to do next after you had explored looking at your hands, may of caused you to loose this dream. When one stops and does nothing even just for a couple of seconds while thinking 'what shall I do now?" it can cause one to disconnect from a dream. Hence why I suggest always having a plan of action, a dream challenge you had planned to do if you find yourself in a LD can help.. always have something in mind (even if you dont end up doing it. Try to always stay interacted with your dream in some way.

all I could see in the background was black.

That would of also made it a lot harder to stay in this dream esp for someone new to this as it gave you less to be able to focus on to help yourself stay there. Dont allow the fact that you didnt have anything around you to bother you at all. One dream challenge you could of done even if you are just in blackness is the "What's in my pocket? challenge.. put your hand in your pocket and pull out what you have there. You could of also inspected other parts of yourself, what were you wearing?.

If you dont allow not having any dream surrounding bother you, this situation should right itself after a short while if you do not let it put you off or you can try to create a surrounding by thinking about where you would like to be and imagine being there or another thing you can do is just walk in the blackness, think about it as walking in the dark and that you are about to come to a light, know you will come to a light.

Congrats on your first LD and I best luck with having a longer one next time.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

henryc

Postby henryc » 14 Apr 2014 09:27

thank you so much for that reply tania, it has really got me thinking and planning for my next LD!

Return to “For Beginners”