Ever asked the purpose of your existence?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
MAKER

Ever asked the purpose of your existence?

Postby MAKER » 03 Mar 2014 09:53

My plan for my next LD is to ask my dream "What am I here for?," "Why am I having this experience?," and "How can I utilize my experience to its full potential?"

I guess it might seem cliche to ask the subconscious for my meaning/purpose, but I have yet to do so.

Would really like some insight/perspective on others experiences doing so.
Any good outcomes, synchronicities, or insights? Any bad?
Maybe some advice on more direct questions to ask?

Highlander

Re: Ever asked the purpose of your existence?

Postby Highlander » 03 Mar 2014 12:53

On a past lucid dream, i had this conversation with 2 children that looked like Tibetan Buddhist:
Me-"Who are you?"
Child-"I am me. I'm a being that exists... etc etc (here he was saying so philosophical stuff that i do not remember, unfortunately)
Me-"What is the purpose of life?"
Child-"It's to live a life after another."
(I then refrase the question)
Me-"And what is the meaning of life?"
Child-"It's the same thing."
Me-"Then, when we die, do we go to another life?"
Child-"Yes."
Me-"Does Heaven exists?"
Child-"Yes. Heaven is the interval between one life and another."
Me-"Does God and Jesus exist?"
Here appeared to me a priest, speaking fast and with religious and philosophical terms about being prophets, but unfortunately i did not pay much attention because I felt I was about to wake up and was concerned to keep on dreaming.

esilemc00

Postby esilemc00 » 03 Mar 2014 21:55

I once asked "What's the meaning of life?" And what happened was beautiful and I'm still trying to figure out what it means, but I'm stuck between telling you what happened and possibly ruining it for you.. Or letting you find out in your own, but every bodies expirence will be different.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 04 Mar 2014 02:28

I've made up the purpose of my existence: be happy loving my family and have sex til I can't any more. :-)

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

MAKER

Postby MAKER » 24 Mar 2014 21:57

Thanks for everyone sharing.

I had a LD the other day during a nap and I finally asked the big question, what's my purpose...

I received the response,
"I cannot tell you, but I know you are working on something that you haven't told me and it has something to do with that."

Nothing dramatic or awe inspiring, but still a response!

Highlander wrote:On a past lucid dream, i had this conversation with 2 children that looked like Tibetan Buddhist:
Me-"Who are you?"
Child-"I am me. I'm a being that exists... etc etc (here he was saying so philosophical stuff that i do not remember, unfortunately)
Me-"What is the purpose of life?"
Child-"It's to live a life after another."
(I then refrase the question)
Me-"And what is the meaning of life?"
Child-"It's the same thing."
Me-"Then, when we die, do we go to another life?"
Child-"Yes."
Me-"Does Heaven exists?"
Child-"Yes. Heaven is the interval between one life and another."
Me-"Does God and Jesus exist?"
Here appeared to me a priest, speaking fast and with religious and philosophical terms about being prophets, but unfortunately i did not pay much attention because I felt I was about to wake up and was concerned to keep on dreaming.

That was an awesome read! Thanks for sharing the experience. Had you read the Tibetan Book of The Dead before this dream? I'm wondering if there was an external influence to your internal experience.

esilemc00 wrote:I once asked "What's the meaning of life?" And what happened was beautiful and I'm still trying to figure out what it means, but I'm stuck between telling you what happened and possibly ruining it for you.. Or letting you find out in your own, but every bodies expirence will be different.

Would love to hear it, esilemc00! I guess since I have already accomplished my LD mission, it wont influence the outcome :) .

Summerlander wrote:I've made up the purpose of my existence: be happy loving my family and have sex til I can't any more. :-)

Man, you're already living in utopia then! :D

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 24 Mar 2014 22:59

MAKER wrote:That was an awesome read! Thanks for sharing the experience. Had you read the Tibetan Book of The Dead before this dream? I'm wondering if there was an external influence to your internal experience.

No. I haven't read it yet. It's on my "to do" list.
I guess i had that conversation because i was still questioning and thinking about our purpose in life, what's beyond this life and after death. Curiously, after having that dream, i searched the internet about what tibetans thought about life and death and i discovered that it's pretty much what those DC's told me. But i did not know this before.

MAKER

Postby MAKER » 24 Mar 2014 23:31

Wow! I guess a type of precognitive dream? In his documentary "Quantum Activist," Dr. Amit Goswami (Physicist) says that he had a dream that said the Tibetan Book of The Dead was true and that he had to prove it, which he raises the case in his documentary. I read a good part of the book, and the philosophy is really intriguing. You may have already seen it, but a really good film to watch is "Enter The Void." The whole premise of the movie is based on the Book of The Dead, and it's a good mind bender if you're interested in that kind of stuff. (Conveniently, it is on Netflix)

Are you still with the same questions? I'm still in that boat of questioning existence, so if you have any solid knowledge...lemme know! :D

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 25 Mar 2014 00:50

Yes. I still have questions. But that dream made me believe on that theory on life after death.

esilemc00

Postby esilemc00 » 25 Mar 2014 03:20

Well it was confusing, but pretty amazing.

I had become lucid early on in the dream and asked the question at one point, and losing focus, I got no response and the dream went a bit fuzzy so I said a couple times I'm dreaming.

Then I yelled "What's the meaning of life?" And a new dreamscape materialized around me and it was a night sky, with many stars.

There were these little bubbles/orbs of light floating up from my ankles into the sky, and they were drifting away. Then I went on doing other things in the dream.

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 25 Mar 2014 21:49

I once asked a dog in a dream what it represented and it replied 'June'. I'm not sure if this is some incredibly deep answer or not ;) either way-it's not the obscure philosophical answer I'd been expecting! ;)
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”