Is NDE = LD?

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
Dreamometer

Is NDE = LD?

Postby Dreamometer » 25 Mar 2014 18:48

I saw a show about near death experience, and the people who had it described OBE and then "moving on" and meeting loved ones. They said the experience felt very real and they 100% sure it really happened. Is it possible that our brain lets us die peacefully by making us believe we will be with our family forever?due to the reason there are many forms of NDE, which on some they meet god and for others they meet their family isn't the conclusion is that this experience based on our subconscious?
What do you think/believe?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

HAGART

Re: Is NDE = LD?

Postby HAGART » 25 Mar 2014 18:57

Look up DMT.
It's a naturally produced hallucinogen that our brains produce, but some speculate that it is fully released when the brain dies. That would explain the near death experiences.

But perhaps it's doled out in small quantities when we lucid dream too?

I'm no scientist and just use Google Gossip to get my information, but there is certainly a connection between Near Death Experiences, Out of Body Experiences and Lucid Dream Experiences. And they may be all the same: The Phase State.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Dreamometer

Re: Is NDE = LD?

Postby Dreamometer » 25 Mar 2014 20:07

HAGART wrote:Look up DMT.
It's a naturally produced hallucinogen that our brains produce, but some speculate that it is fully released when the brain dies. That would explain the near death experiences.

But perhaps it's doled out in small quantities when we lucid dream too?

I'm no scientist and just use Google Gossip to get my information, but there is certainly a connection between Near Death Experiences, Out of Body Experiences and Lucid Dream Experiences. And they may be all the same: The Phase State.

On the show they showed an experiment, some Dr took a body which just medically died,and they watched his brain waves as he dying. They saw that at some point, the brain activity was as high as awake talking person. As you probably May thought, none of them was able to tell the story, so it doesn't prooves that it as to do with NDE,and even if it would tell us, the spiritual people can always claim that the experience continues outside of the brain limitations, so actually it tells us nothing.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Return to “Dream Science”