dreamsigns

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
JonSnowLD

Re: dreamsigns

Postby JonSnowLD » 25 Mar 2014 23:57

It's more the bit about remembering getting in the car-if you can't remember where you were 5 minutes ago and how you got into the context you're currently in then you might be dreaming if that makes sense? Other context things are more obvious like say if you're on the international space station then there's a good chance it's a dream ;)
Sweet, I'll message you some time! gonna have to go now, got an early start tomorrow ;) seeya!

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Mar 2014 23:59

Well I wouldnt try to program that as being a dream sign to bring to my attention that I was dreaming unless having this person you rarely see or are unlikely to see in real life is a lot in your dreams.. For a dream sign choose something which regularly is there (otherwise you are like trying to create a new situation in your dreams which isnt already there often. It would be far more sensible if you were going to try to be creating a new situation in your dreams to be creating the situation in which you are doing reality checking in your dreams so it makes far more sense to focus on weird stuff already regularly there).

So focus on something which regularly appears in your dreams.. eg looking for something out of place.. can be done. Practice regularly looking around yourself in real life looking for things out of place or just wrong and after a time you should start doing that in your dreams.

Think about what strange thing you have "regularly" in your dreams. Keeping a dream journal can aid you to find good dream signs for yourself.

Note.. a dream sign doesnt even need to be something weird, there is another way of using dream signs. One can pick something one regularly does do in real life which one also does do in a dream (for myself that is going to the bathroom) and use that as a dream sign to program into yourself to do a reality check if you do that thing in a dream. (You program yourself to do this, by in real life reality checking every time you see or do this common thing and after a while this action should flow over into your dreams).

So if you cant find an regularly occuring unusual thing in your dream (I myself dont dream much weird stuff in my dreams) you can instead use a dream sign this other way and choose a common life thing to get yourself reality checking too.
Last edited by taniaaust1 on 26 Mar 2014 00:02, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

jamesbrian

Postby jamesbrian » 26 Mar 2014 00:02

yeah these friends always come into my dreams nearly everyday

Return to “For Beginners”