Binaural beats discussion

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
Timme

Binaural beats discussion

Postby Timme » 17 Feb 2014 16:37

Hy there,
i posted this topic because I'm interested in binaural beats.
I've read many things about them but I'm more curious about other peoples experiences and opinions.
Do they actually work? And how do they work? I always read you need to use theta waves for lucid dreaming, but your brain activity can go up to the gamma rate while lucid (because you become lucid you have more brain activity) so my understanding is that theta waves would jus help you fall a sleep faster and not really make you lucid…
If you have some other opinions or experiences please feel free to share them with me.

JonSnowLD

Re: Binaural beats discussion

Postby JonSnowLD » 02 Mar 2014 20:54

Ive not really had any success with binaural beats-i tried them a couple of times but I can't get to sleep whilst using them-they definitely did something because I felt weird like I was floating, basically like I was meditating but in bed. I thought I might be able to leave my body in an OBE but when I tried to move I just moved my real body. Don't know if I didn't wait long enough or what :/
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 18 Mar 2014 17:01

I've enjoyed binaural beats for meany years and combined listening with my meditation/lucid dreaming practice.

I've written a short article summarizing how they work, what effects they have, and so on:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/binaural-beats.html

Their main goal is to relax you into a calm, meditative focus. This promotes self awareness, at first tuning you in to your environment, then to your inner thoughts and emotions. It is excellent practice for becoming self aware in your dreams.

They also habitualize the process of initiating a WILD a visualizing your way to a lucid dream. So you should improve both with and without binaural beats.

Binaural beats do not magically produce lucid dreams, though. That is a major misconception. Instead they promote meditative states, which is an essential part of your lucidity training.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 20 Mar 2014 21:52

I second that. 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

dreamtwister302

Postby dreamtwister302 » 26 Mar 2014 23:16

I have tried the binaural beats today for the first time and got very relaxed and i do believe in a meditative state. at some point I felt like I had energy sparkling on my body (a real physical feeling) and at another point I felt like I was going through waves with my body and it was a pretty cool feeling! and I, for one, never meditate, but I think I will start! I don't lucid dream at all yet, though.

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 14 Apr 2014 11:40

I haven't used binaural beats, and i don't know how to, but here's a very relaxing one :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQUGUDc-fZQ

Tell us if you get any results

imaginecinema

Postby imaginecinema » 22 Apr 2014 04:13

I have tried to combine binaural beats with meditation and hypnosis for the purposes of achieving a lucid dream numerous times. I think part of it was that WILD just doesn't work for me. I've tried to do it, it's just no matter how relaxed my body is, my mind is way too busy to simply focus on anything. Even when I'm meditating and just trying to focus, I still can't get my mind completely empty. However, I've found the method that works best for me is the Dream Induced Lucid Dream (DILD), particularly the Cycle Adjustment Technique (CAT), as all of my lucid dreams have happened at times where I've gotten a few more hours' sleep than I was supposed to, and during weeks where I'm waking up at irregular times I'm more likely to have them. I'm trying to implement this method now with more regularity and discipline, but it's difficult, because I'm the kind of person who ignores his alarm clock very easily. (It's gotten to the point where to wake myself up, I've placed three alarm clocks, all at different places around the room, so I have to get out of bed to turn them all off). My bottom line is, though, that you should definitely try binaural beats if you want to try for a WILD, but you have to know that there are no guarantees that it will work.

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 26 Apr 2014 12:11

imaginecinema wrote:

I have tried to combine binaural beats with meditation and hypnosis for the purposes of achieving a lucid dream numerous times. I think part of it was that WILD just doesn't work for me. I've tried to do it, it's just no matter how relaxed my body is, my mind is way too busy to simply focus on anything.

This seems to be my problem-as soon as I get into a relaxed sate and my body starts to feel weird, I get way too excited and reallllly awake!

Don't get me wrong, I do find the binaural beats relaxing and useful in meditation, but I feel I'm a long way from achieving a WILD and for this reason, I don't currently use them as a direct way to try and induce LDs
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

Karin

Postby Karin » 14 May 2014 19:53

I have used binaural beats for a year and a half, for my morning meditation. I find they help me relax and get more used to meditative states of consciousness. Binaural beats have never induced any specific experiences for me while I am listening to them (except deep relaxation and light meditative states), however I believe the daily use of them did slowly produce a change in my mental state the rest of the day, maybe as my brain was rewiring.

For instance, I started becoming more aware of my unconscious thought patterns during the day. I would catch myself thinking nonsense that was keeping me miserable, and as soon as I would realize that this unconscious 'programming' was going on, I was able to realize this kind of thinking didn't make any sense and does not belong to me. It's been very freeing.

Since I started using binaural beats, I have also had a lot of spontaneous insights coming to my mind during the day, about questions I had had for a long time. I would suddenly get light bulb moments. I believe that meditation helps with that, because the practice of it calms the usual chatter going on in the mind and allows me to be more receptive to intuition and insights that normally would have been drowned in the usual background noise of the mind.

For lucid dreaming, I think such training is beneficial because one is already familiar with varied states of consciousness and deep states of physical relaxation, more peaceful, less fearful, and more in control of the mind.

The two binaural beats I prefer and use very often are:

The Limitless Self, from the album 'Inner States: Dawning of Awareness' by Patty Ray Avalon (this is a guided meditation)
Portal, from the album 'Foundation Series' by Sacred Acoustics (this is an non-guided meditation)

Both are about 45 minutes in length.

tpratt

Postby tpratt » 19 Jun 2014 20:01

I tried binaural beats for the first time last night. The particular track was supposed to help induce lucid dreams, but after listening to it I felt more awake than when I started and had a harder time falling asleep at first. I'm not sure whether or not that's normal.

Also if anyone knows where to find a good selection of binaural beats that'd be great. I used some I found on an android app, and I feel like maybe that's why things happened weird.

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”