First time WILD method.. Help !

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Innhyu

First time WILD method.. Help !

Postby Innhyu » 04 Sep 2011 10:53

( I just woke up, so excuse me for possible grammer mistakes and all...)

Hello, I am very new to this world of lucid dreaming :mrgreen:
( I wanted to try this after having two very short, stoic lucid dreams)

So I just came back from trying to lucid dream and these were the things I felt.
Please tell me whether they are the signs that I'm doing it correctly or not.

1. I felt numbness throughout my body, starting from my toe...
the urge to move my body to a comfortable position disappeared.

2. All the sudden, when I was just relaxing, I saw bright lights shimmering in the corners of my eyes but I didn't see any particular pattern.. they were just popping out of nowhere (it was very dark in the room)

*** And my eyes began to wildly go around.. like left top right top left down and stuff... does that interrupt the process?

3. My imagination became a TINY bit vivid in a sense that I actually felt like I was wondering around in my imagination.. but it never became 3D or fully vivid or anything.

Well after this, I don't know why. When I tried to relax more my eyelids opened up and I gave up.

Are there any sings that indicate that I'm doing this correctly?

*PROBLEM - If I have to swallow my saliva or anything, should I? or does that interrupt my process?

opkluu

Re: First time WILD method.. Help !

Postby opkluu » 06 Sep 2011 04:41

The same steps happen pretty much to me too! Well, except for the bright lights part, which is a step in the WILD, so your most likely on the right track.

But the whole swallowing thing really irks me, as well as the rapid eye movement... do those two things interrupt our process, or is it just another step?

MixenDixon

Postby MixenDixon » 03 Nov 2011 13:46

I have the exact same issues. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Peter

Postby Peter » 03 Nov 2011 20:02

they dont interupt the process - they are part of the process. I get the urge to swallow, itch and all sorts of annoying things but you just need to deal to them. In one sense it just like going to sleep, no matter how wound up you are at times you will just go to sleep in spite of yourself. So deal to the itches and swallows and carry on. If you dont then you will start to put your mind on them and that will be the end until you get to that calm spot again.

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Lucid-Dreamer

Postby Lucid-Dreamer » 20 Jan 2012 01:58

This is what exactly happened to me. I freaked out, though...haha!
"Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives" ~William Dement

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 21 Jan 2012 15:18

Peter wrote:... I get the urge to swallow, itch and all sorts of annoying things but you just need to deal to them... So deal to the itches and swallows and carry on. If you dont then you will start to put your mind on them and that will be the end until you get to that calm spot again.

Peter

Peter it does not really matter whether they deal with them or not. When I was a devout Christian, I use to sometimes pray kneeling in broken glass, which needless to say hurts and keeps your body awake, while still getting hypnagogic images with a religious theme. My eyes did not twitch either as I was concentrating upon God and the prayers and I still see HI without eye movements :D
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

James

Postby James » 22 Jan 2012 16:07

Innhyu wrote:1. I felt numbness throughout my body, starting from my toe...
the urge to move my body to a comfortable position disappeared.

This is good, you entered sleep paralysis

Innhyu wrote:2. All the sudden, when I was just relaxing, I saw bright lights shimmering in the corners of my eyes but I didn't see any particular pattern.. they were just popping out of nowhere (it was very dark in the room)

That was probably hypnagogic hallucinations/imagery.

Innhyu wrote:*** And my eyes began to wildly go around.. like left top right top left down and stuff... does that interrupt the process?

I'm not quite sure on that one, it could be REM.

Innhyu wrote:3. My imagination became a TINY bit vivid in a sense that I actually felt like I was wondering around in my imagination.. but it never became 3D or fully vivid or anything.

You were nearly there. Try to use your strongest sense (if your a musician, hearing, ect) to actually immerse yourself into the scenery. Also imagine there is an apple pie baking. if you can smell it, you are probably in the dream.

Innhyu wrote:*PROBLEM - If I have to swallow my saliva or anything, should I? or does that interrupt my process?

yes. I like to keep saying to myself "this is just a urge to keep still and breath" and I try to focus on something else, like the scenery I'd like to dream about.

hope i helped you!
Was it worth it?

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 22 Jan 2012 18:34

I'm quite surprised that people on here post about trying WILDS and getting pretty close, can indeed get so close just by trying a few times. I cannot do WILDS to save my life, for some reason they are so much harder for me and I do not understand why. However, yes you are quite close based on what I know and have researched about WILDs.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Peter

Postby Peter » 22 Jan 2012 20:31

Snaggle,

I use them to focus and get singlar on thought at times or in my words just deal with it. In martial arts training when I was young we did some on the fringe stuff like being in freezing rivers at 2am training and agree that while painful the pain can get pushed aside and you get on with what you are trying to achive.

Curious, why pray on broken glass - was it a test of some kind not related to prayer?

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 23 Jan 2012 02:39

Peter at the time my goals were to share Christs suffering while praying to remember it, though being 10 year likely was a significant factor too. I was doing pain training at the same time though for street fighting. The first important example of which happened around age 9. I had been defeated in a fight by being kicked in the groin, I decided to never be defeated by pain again, ran as fast as I could and leap into a barbwire fence, it took me half an hour to pull the barbwire out of my legs and I still have rather nice scars from it. I fought the same person again the next day and was kicked in the groin again. I totally relished the look of shock on his face when he realized 'it did not work every time' and the fear as I closed on him like a cat pouncing on a mouse 8-)
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”