This might sound silly, but...

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Kaylium

This might sound silly, but...

Postby Kaylium » 27 Mar 2014 04:05

Can you leave the lights on when inducing sleep paralysis? Today I was talking with my friends about SP, and they gave me a lecture on how it's "demonic". I know that that is completely false, but still I feel kind of jumpy now whenever I try induce SP, so is it OK to leave the lights kn while you're trying to do it?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

taniaaust1

Re: This might sound silly, but...

Postby taniaaust1 » 27 Mar 2014 09:50

If you are going to be that scared while trying to LD.. I'd suggest to give the whole thing a miss tilll you'd dealt with your fear (as often when a person goes into a LD, one can find oneself in darkness esp on dream entry and dream dropping out ...so if you are going to be scared of the dark.. that could be a huge issue and create issues due to your fears. Having the light on will not be noticed in a dream state).

and besides.. why are trying to get sleep paralyses when you goal is lucid dreaming. Not everyone gets sleep paralyses for LD. Sleep paralyses is just one of the possible side affects from doing this which can happen.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

TillyPink

Postby TillyPink » 27 Mar 2014 22:03

Yeh I agree, why are you trying to induce SP? Focus more on lucid dreaming and the tried and tested methods available. You could leave a night lamp on anyway, if you feel more relaxed sleeping with a lamp on that can only be good for dreaming. I always used to sleep with the hall light on way into my teens.

Kaylium

Postby Kaylium » 27 Mar 2014 22:41

Well I have been trying the methods on this site as well, but I've read on a bunch of others that SP is a really fast way into lucid dfeams because all you have to do is get into SP and then imagine your dream scene, and then you're pretty much in a LD

[ Post made via Android ] Image

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 28 Mar 2014 00:40

I get more lucid dreams than I do sleep paralysis.

"All you have to do is get sleep paralysis?" That's pretty hard, harder than lucid dreaming. I've had countless lucid dreams, but rarely get sleep paralysis.

And it doesn't have to be scary of course, sometimes it just feels like you're falling or floating with some weird body twitches.... but other times.... :twisted: (So I never purposefully attempt to have one).

Sleep paralysis is a byproduct of being a lucid dreamer and is not an ends to a mean.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Kirito

Postby Kirito » 28 Mar 2014 01:49

I can vouch for SP not being an easy way. :P only had SP twice in my life and I have quite a few WILDs (not 100% sure...). I heard all these "ways to induce SP" before finding ETWOLD and I lost sooooo much sleep trying to induce SP. Prolly lost a lot of a lot of DILD chances. I recommend buying that book.

The majority of people that try to induce SP also quit LDing, so it is discouraged because even if it is something that you could just do by laying still, it is much much harder than RCs and DJing or meditation or visualization or whatever your tech is.

On being afraid of the dark. I have fallen asleep in the pure blackness and had really bright dreams and have fallen asleep in the light of day and had the most dark dreams. If we are taking SP out of the picture, then the light makes no difference.

That being said, a lot of people mentioned here, no matter what you believe about the nature of dream control, expectation or schema, if it gets dark and you get sscared in a dream you are kind of screwed. Haha. The best way I would recommend to fight it is to be confident and not worry. Trust your abilities and they won't fail you. Not to the point of nightmare at least.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Mar 2014 07:43

Kaylium wrote:Well I have been trying the methods on this site as well, but I've read on a bunch of others that SP is a really fast way into lucid dfeams because all you have to do is get into SP and then imagine your dream scene, and then you're pretty much in a LD

Even once one is in sleep paralyses one still may not necessarily get into a LD by imagining. Ive never had a LD from a sleep paralyses state and Ive had sleep paralyses a few times (Ive had 100s of LDs thou). Sleep paralyses just really says that your body has gone to sleep but dreaming is to do with the mind and having the right mental state. Sleep paralyses just indicates your physical body is fully relaxed and not necessarily that the mind is enough for a LD.

Sleep paralyses along with vibrations, is something Astral projectors at times hope for as they need their physical body completely relaxed but the mind for that needs to be active without the subconciousness creating, which is needed for a LD. Its a different state.

Okay so you got your body relaxed enough but now you need to get your mind relaxed enough and let go enough for dreaming, if you want to WILD or you need to get yourself to wake up when in a dream eg reality checking etc etc.

This is where fear can put a damper on things as it can prevent a person being able to let go enough and relax the mind, to enter into a dream..how are you going to mentally relax while carrying fears? .... so I dont suggest you try to WILD. If you want to LD while you still have fear, I think you'd best go with methods in becoming aware when you are already in the dream.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Kaylium

Postby Kaylium » 29 Mar 2014 20:47

I'm not trying to sound whiny about LD methods :) but training yourself to recognize ur dream while in it kind of takes a long time

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”