Beginner Question!!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
MissTabz

Beginner Question!!

Postby MissTabz » 20 Jan 2012 01:56

Hiiiii!!!
I havn't had a lucid dream...YET.. I was pretty close today with my afternoon nap, but I got disturbed because someone was talking SOOOO loud on the phone. :evil: . Anyway I was wondering.. How long would It be to go from sleep paralysis to the oh,so wonderful lucid dream? Is it a long time? Or does it vary from person to person? I am speaking in the WILD method.
Thank you SOO much!!!!!

HAGART

Re: Beginner Question!!

Postby HAGART » 20 Jan 2012 04:20

I have lucid dreamed a lot, but always becoming aware from within a dream.

But that phase in between... the 'sleep paralysis' is interesting.

Just 2 days ago, I was in a dream and became lucid and decided to 'go to sleep with in the dream'. Just to get to that state again. It is weird and the more you are familiarized with it the better you can deal with it. Long story short, I have succeeded before, but this time I didn't. I was almost about to 'awaken' in a new world... (yes, it really is like that), but just before it happened I told myself to take note of every detail, because I always forget that last transition when 'it becomes real'. Anyway, I jinxed it.

But how long does it take. I would say 30 seconds, but it feels like 30 minutes.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 20 Jan 2012 06:02

HAGART wrote:I have lucid dreamed a lot, but always becoming aware from within a dream.

But that phase in between... the 'sleep paralysis' is interesting.

Just 2 days ago, I was in a dream and became lucid and decided to 'go to sleep with in the dream'. Just to get to that state again. It is weird and the more you are familiarized with it the better you can deal with it. Long story short, I have succeeded before, but this time I didn't. I was almost about to 'awaken' in a new world... (yes, it really is like that), but just before it happened I told myself to take note of every detail, because I always forget that last transition when 'it becomes real'. Anyway, I jinxed it.

But how long does it take. I would say 30 seconds, but it feels like 30 minutes.

I believe that I encounter sleep paralysis rather early on, or at least the beginning stages of it, and it continues for quite sometime.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Jan 2012 00:13

Some people get sleep paralysis at the onset of sleep right away. Not me. I only get it from time to time, and it has always been after a lucid dream, when I almost wake up, but don't. But from what I hear it sounds like the same phenomenon.

And I said it before in another post that, since I was already lucid just prior, I may be more relaxed and it happens faster.

So if you say you encounter sleep paralysis early on and it lasts longer than about 30 seconds as I said.... I can't argue with that.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “For Beginners”