Dream signs

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
tompine73

Dream signs

Postby tompine73 » 07 Mar 2014 14:56

I'm disabled, but in all of my dreams I'm able-bodied. Is this a dream sign staring me in the face?

I.e." I'm walking!", this must be a dream, do reality check, lucid dream!

Or are dream signs more persuasive when they are external rather than personal?

Any thoughts? Or other people out there in a similar situation

Snaggle

Re: Dream signs

Postby Snaggle » 08 Mar 2014 20:46

It is a dream sign and you might be able to lose it to LD, but you would have to become aware of your waking disablity more than you are now to use it, so I would use something else.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

tompine73

Postby tompine73 » 10 Mar 2014 17:52

Thanks, I'll keep my eyes peeled.

What all the books seem to say if you should practice your waking world reality check when you see something a bit dreamlike, or when you're in a dreamlike situation. Unfortunately these don't seem to occur very often if ever.

So should I just stick doing random reality checks whenever I remember?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Mar 2014 02:49

Sounds like a great dream sign.. do reality checks doing the day observing "are I walking or not?"

Im disabled too but sadly in my dreams Im often disabled as well eg having trouble walking or forgetting things as happens in real life too. My disability is emotionally impacting me as it really gives me a hard time and hence its appearing in my dreams, whereas maybe your desire/wish to dream.. to have healthy body.. is stronger then any worries your disability is giving you.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

tompine73

Postby tompine73 » 30 Mar 2014 01:50

taniaaust1 wrote:Sounds like a great dream sign.. do reality checks doing the day observing "are I walking or not?"

Im disabled too but sadly in my dreams Im often disabled as well eg having trouble walking or forgetting things as happens in real life too. My disability is emotionally impacting me as it really gives me a hard time and hence its appearing in my dreams, whereas maybe your desire/wish to dream.. to have healthy body.. is stronger then any worries your disability is giving you.

I'm really sorry to hear that. Do you manage to escape your disability(s) in dreams occasionally?

Straight after my accident I dreamt a lot about my wheelchair and getting out of it but being very unsteady, but as time went by I got back to regular dreams.

The one strange recurring dream I have now is after having been surfing saying to myself "well, I can't walk any more, but at least I can surf". Which is a real strange mix of awareness/delusion/dream rationalisation

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Apr 2014 10:48

tompine73 wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:Sounds like a great dream sign.. do reality checks doing the day observing "are I walking or not?"

I'm really sorry to hear that. Do you manage to escape your disability(s) in dreams occasionally?

Straight after my accident I dreamt a lot about my wheelchair and getting out of it but being very unsteady, but as time went by I got back to regular dreams.

The one strange recurring dream I have now is after having been surfing saying to myself "well, I can't walk any more, but at least I can surf". Which is a real strange mix of awareness/delusion/dream rationalisation

Yeah I do excape my disability in my dreams at times..

Interesting that you mention surfing.. I had a LD where I surfed last night :D . It was awesome.. cause it was a dream I like knew where all the waves would form before they did.. and I was just catching wave after wave easily, it was like I could completely read the ocean. I did unfortunately drop out of the dream once I'd gained 100% waking awareness.

I was getting into surfing when I was having a remission from my illness and loved to surf. My board is out in the shed, gathering dust.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

tompine73

Postby tompine73 » 06 Apr 2014 15:26

taniaaust1 wrote:
My board is out in the shed, gathering dust.

Hopefully you can get back in the water soon 8-) . A surfing lucid dream is my holy grail; anything beyond that will be a bonus

Return to “For Beginners”