Trying to WILD! Tips or tricks? Advice?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
esilemc00

Trying to WILD! Tips or tricks? Advice?

Postby esilemc00 » 28 Mar 2014 20:45

So all this week ive went to bed around 9:45-10 o'clock at night. I think thats 21:45-22:00 for all you with 24 hour time..

But everyday this week ive been waking up in the morning, usually around 3:30-4:00, and then falling back asleep. So I figured since its just happening, maybe I should try to WILD. I have tried before with no success. So I woke up a couple nights ago, played some puzzle games on my phone, and then tried to WILD, while visualizing things in my head. (I always get frustrated and end up just going to sleep normally.) This morning I was way to tired to try so I just went back to sleep. Do you think if I wake up tonight I should try? And what do YOU do when WILDing? Give me some tips! And how long should it usually take? How will I know if i am in fact dreaming?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

DGrimreaperD

Re: Trying to WILD! Tips or tricks? Advice?

Postby DGrimreaperD » 28 Mar 2014 23:28

Hello!
A good way to WILD is to not move when your alarm goes off,This will speed up the process of entering SP,Practice not moving when you wake up. ;)

esilemc00

Postby esilemc00 » 29 Mar 2014 00:44

DGrimreaperD wrote:Hello!
A good way to WILD is to not move when your alarm goes off,This will speed up the process of entering SP,Practice not moving when you wake up. ;)

See the thing is though, I acually havent been having an alarm set ive just been waking up naturally, I dont usually set alarms because I dont want to wake up my sleeping family.. :/

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Mar 2014 07:29

DGrimreaperD wrote:Hello!

I agree with grimreaper. Do not move when you wake up, try to go straight back into a dream state from there. You said you got up and played a game.

Try this for a week and get back to us if that worked for you or not. You may also be trying too hard with your visualisation (in which case you wouldnt be relaxing well).

I myself cant visualise so dont do visualization to WILD, instead I maintain focus on my physical body keeping awareness eg watching my breathing, thinking words on the breath in and out etc till I either suddenly find myself in a dream or a dream starts starting (in which case i'll then work to pull myself into it).

There is a lot of different ways to do a WILD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

esilemc00

Postby esilemc00 » 29 Mar 2014 12:53

This morning, I woke up and decided not to move and to relax, I keep my eyes closed and kept seeing things zip past me and these flashing lights, I think I started going back into the dream state but it got really uncomfortable because I had woken up sleeping on my side, halfway off the bed, and all my blankets were on the floor (it's really cold here this time of year)..

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Mar 2014 10:00

esilemc00 wrote:This morning, I woke up and decided not to move and to relax, I keep my eyes closed and kept seeing things zip past me and these flashing lights, I think I started going back into the dream state but it got really uncomfortable because I had woken up sleeping on my side, halfway off the bed, and all my blankets were on the floor (it's really cold here this time of year)..

Discomfort can at times help a bit if you are person who just ends up falling asleep if you try to WILD as some do (you may or you may not be like this).. What I probably would of done in this situation is let myself drift off to have a very quick WILD before allowing myself to wake up to fix the bed etc.

better luck next time. (I just wanted to mention the above just in cause the discomfort was in fact helping)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”