Lost DC :(/ calea chaos

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
VulpesVulpes

Lost DC :(/ calea chaos

Postby VulpesVulpes » 01 Apr 2014 19:06

Hey there!

I'm new on this forum and did a quick scan to see if anything similar was allready posted, but couldn't find anything right now, if it has allready been discussed, my apologies. Also I'm not sure whether this is the right board to post this, because my problem involves a couple of aspects of dreaming. I found it very hard to keep this brief and to the point whilst still supplying enough background info, so I'm sorry if it's a bit longwinded!

So here goes, my experience with dreaming is that I usually have quite vivid dreams but i've only been lucid a couple of times (by accident), the first time i woke up pretty much immediately, the other 3 times I didn't.
This is because the other times I drank calea, now this is where the problem starts, the first 3 times i drank calea (made tea from 5 grams of leaf every time) my dreams were very clear and organized and also very, very, very long. They were like stories and it felt like I had been dreaming for about 3 hours.

This is were I met a DC, the only one that is not someone I know in real life, yet is a recurring character. I don't know his name (never asked), but he's a blonde boy, with a bowl haircut, if I had to guess I'd say he was between 11-14 years old. He never says anything, and just follows me around, fidgeting with his t-shirt or something of the like, just generic bored child behaviour I guess, but not in a creepy way.
He is usually uninterested in the stuff I do (you know the drill, deliver this bread to this man on the mountain, nobody knows why, but you go anyway). My dreams with him always consisted of having to do something, and after completing the task: playing. This could be flying, fishing, drawing, running through fields, playing tag etc. Kids' stuff. Whenever it was playtime he would kind of "wake up" and be interactive and interested and he'd laugh etc. Still never talk though.

Anytime I drank calea he was there (never in my normal dreams), but I never asked him anything important (other than "hey, wanna play hide and go seek?").

Now there was a time when I kind of forgot about the calea. When I remembered the boy I thought hm, it would be fun to see him again. So I drank it again and have been trying to find those same spots that we used to go to and find him, and have failed miserably. I've drank calea 3 times this last month and all I get is just a bunch of really chaotic dreams with no control whatsoever. I don't even know where to start control on these dreams. With calea if I wake up I can pretty easily go back to that same dream to try again, but once I'm there I forget about my original goal and get completely distracted. Like walking into a room and forgetting why you went there, over and over.

My life hasn't changed much and I wouldnt say I'm more stressed than normal, to me it just feels like I've "lost the touch" and it's so frustrating! I'd really like to ask my blonde buddy some questions!

So I guess my questions are, does anyone here have experience with calea and maybe recognizes this? Why do you guys think this is happening? How can I recall what I was going to do in the dream world while dreaming? It feels like I'm trying to send a file with stuff I need to do to the dream-me, but it's never delivered.

taniaaust1

Re: Lost DC :(/ calea chaos

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Apr 2014 21:58

With calea if I wake up I can pretty easily go back to that same dream to try again, but once I'm there I forget about my original goal and get completely distracted. Like walking into a room and forgetting why you went there, over and over

Lucid dreams happen with various levels of like the waking consciousness present. From what you said I think you may be experiencing a low level of it and hence you keep forgetting your goals when in the dream. Maybe doing reality checking could help and help keep bringing you back to having more waking awareness.

You could once in a dream also keep reminding yourself of who your normal waking sense is, also keep reminding yourself of your LD goal (to try to keep your waking mind with it more), try doing some maths sums in your head.. do something to make yourself think a bit more and clearer. Try not to dwell on the issues you are having eg that you cant remember things as that may cause you to keep not remembering. Instead focus on just getting your mind as clear as you can.

Anytime I drank calea he was there (never in my normal dreams), but I never asked him anything important (other than "hey, wanna play hide and go seek?").

He could of been connected with the childhood innocence of fun and playing around with new things (eg your experimenting with calea and LD)... so hence may of only been appearing in these dreams for that reason.

To find him again.. he can be created again by your will during a LD. Think of fun/innocence etc.. all the things which make you think of children and what they symbolise/represent.. and instead of "searcing for him in a LD" which is saying to the subconciousness that thou you want to find and see something, it also give out the message that you do not know where something is- so isnt a good way to get a DC back into a dream.

Instead of searching for him, think of him being in the next room and being already there with you in the dream, call out for him to come to you and expect him to walk in throu a door.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Characters”