Frustration while trying to LD

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Kirito

Re: Frustration while trying to LD

Postby Kirito » 31 Mar 2014 21:47

There will always be a part of you that questions, but there has to be or you would have less awareness rather than more. LDing is a raise of awaren. s. Awareness of states and dream awareness. If you are not "present in dreams" you need more awareness in dreams which comes from recall.

Sleep paralysis is very rare for anyone. I have experienced SP two times in my life and have had hundreds of LDs. You cannot force your body into SP. You can force your body to fall asleep and the sensations of sleep are the ones that you mentioned. Buzzing, noises, sensations, falling, colors, shapes, etc. You are normally just unaware during this.

WBTB raises awareness and gets you closer to the half asleep half awake state that makes it easier to LD overall.

Control comes from practice. Different control aspects are harder for each person. I couldn't fly for 70 LDs, but fighting, flames, barriers, and manipulating DCs camee easy. Now I am pretty good at all the basic LD powers like teleporting flying transforming etc. Harder ones are taking me a while.

ecc10394

Postby ecc10394 » 01 Apr 2014 03:38

Yea I understand.
Like I asked though, is sleep paralysis induced LD's different? do you know?

Cause like I said, I think I had a lucid dream, but it wasn't very vivid, and i had a little control but not enough to make it really seem like a lucid dream. And i wasnt trying to induce sleep paralysis. I did the WBTB method, and when I woke up 6 hours after i fell asleep, I was reading for 30 - 60 minutes then I went back to sleep, but since I have trouble sleeping, I couldn't fall asleep, I was just resting, but wasn't fully asleep, and thats when sleep paralysis happened. So as sleep paralysis occured, the buzzing got stronger, and finally it went from dark, to imagery, and I woke up in this sleep paralysis induced LD, I checked if I was actually dreaming by plugging my nose and trying to breath through it, and it worked, I could breath through my nose. Then I decided to try and fly, and it worked. But I couldnt control any dream characters, and everything was really hazy. IT wasn't as crystal clear as real life. IT was very faded, and for lack of words this LD was more of a hybrid LD. It was a regular dream, mixed with a lucid dream. Like for instance, random points through this LD, I would randomly be in another setting that I didnt not intend to be at, and I would be acting and doing things I wasnt intending to do. But I knew I had some type of control because I wanted to fly so I tried flying and it worked, I wanted to go to the empire state building, and It worked I ended up there. But like I said I had verrry very little control, it was verry very hazy/faded, and nothing was as vivid as most lucid dreamers describe. Is a lucid dream supposed to be really crystal clear, and feel real? As real as when your not dreaming?

Thanks everyone for the replies. IT is truly helping me. Tonight will be my second attempt at WBTB, and i started doing reality checks more.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Apr 2014 11:47

Like I asked though, is sleep paralysis induced LD's different? do you know?

No it shouldnt make a difference. I can see thou one thing which may be causing your LDs to be less vivid and not feel real.. it could be to do with your current thinking.

"Reality checks are hard for me to do because when I try plugging my nose, or counting my fingers twice, or looking at a clock twice, or sticking my finger through my palm, I ask myself "Am I dreaming" and clearly I know i am not dreaming. "

"I feel that in order to do reality checks you have to believe you are actually dreaming or it just makes reality checks pointless. "

"But my problem is everytime I do Reality Checks, somewhere deep inside my body, and mind, I know that I am actually awake, because I am just sitting down reading like I normally. "

You think that LDs dont feel as real as real life and what you think you may create in a LD!! (how a person thinks is so important as far as LD), so this thought not only may be affecting your reality checks but also may be preventing you from having a LD which feels real and like reality. Start believing that LDs can feel the same as reality and they should be more vivid and seem more real.

Today I tried WBTB for the first time. Is the WBTB method supposed to induce sleep paralysis, or is it supposed to help you lucid dreaming by making you more aware in your dream

No.. no LD technique is "supposed" to induce sleep paralyses, sleep paralyses is never the goal of LD techniques.. it may actually hinder rather then help. WBTB just makes it easier for a person to achieve the right state to have a LD.

I couldn't really fall asleep because once i wake up its hard for me to fall asleep

Anyone who has trouble falling to sleep/sleep problems,I personally wouldnt at all recommend WBTB too as it could make sleep issues far worst and sleep issues are soo hard to fix, you could end up with them worst for the rest of your life!! So ask yourself if that is a risk worth taking when there are other methods in which you arent waking yourself up and disturbing your sleep when you already have sleep problems. eg you could try to WILD immediately on waking up in the morning.

If you still want to wake yourself up in the middle of the night.. dont get up at all, instead lay still and immediately try to WILD.

DCs may be hard to control at times esp for a beginner. Its the DCs having minds of their own and doing unexpected things which help to make dreams so much fun (otherwise they'd just be like robots).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Kirito

Postby Kirito » 01 Apr 2014 13:45

^↑^^^↑↑↑↑^^ this.

And to add onto wbtb waking and then going back to sleep can increase rem and dream awareness and vividness. Waking up from a dream is the easiest way to remember a dream, so I would 4ecommend finding a way to put at least part of your dream down during a WBTB

ecc10394

Postby ecc10394 » 02 Apr 2014 00:17

Thank you guys.

Today was my second day attempting WBTB, today I barely even had 1 sleep paralysis episode, on my first attempt I had like 4 sleep paralysis episodes and I was able to induce LD from those 4. Today I woke up like usual 6 hours after I go to sleep, and hung out for a bit, read a book out of my bed, then went back to sleep. But I just couldn't fall asleep like usual, so I was just laying there with my eyes closed for an hour or 2. During that hour or 2, I was able to induce SP once but as soon as it was about to turn into an LD, it just faded away and I was yet again just awake lying down in bed. Then after I was lying down for an hour or 2, finally I guess I fell asleep, but it was just a normal dream.

and to answer the other reply, I dont think my dreams arent vivid and real because I dont believe that LDs can feel as real as real life. In fact I am fascinated by LD's and the mind, and SP and OBE's and everything that has to do with that. I talk about it everyday, I am excited about it every moment, I stopped my bad habits for 8 months like smoking, drinking, etc. just because it affected my chances of having dreams let alone Lucid Dreams. So trust me, I am so into LDs and believe them. I have fantasies about them. My father past away a month ago, I am only 20 years old, and now more than ever I want to master LDs and finally have them regularly so I can see him and talk to my dad, and just enjoy the art and magic of LD's.

I just started yesterday doing RC's like crazy and actually believing in it. I did about 15-20 RC's yesterday and today I will do the same, everyday for ever lol.

I just dont think this WBTB technique is working for me. I think maybe the only way I can succeed with this WBTB technique is if I get out of bed for only like 10 minutes so maybe I will still be really tired and fall asleep easily. Because when I wake up for the WBTB technique, while I am still in bed, I can easily fall back asleep because my eyes are so relaxed and my head feels comfortable. But as soon as I start waking myself up, it goes away, and then when I go back to sleep after 30 minutes to an hour, my eyes are wide away, and shutting my eyes just makes them twitch, and blink alot, and also I start thinking too much about the SP and t he LD that it keeps me more awake, then I end up just lying there for a long time hoping to maybe get atleast a SP episode because I sure as hell wont fall asleep.

Maybe if I get up for 10 minutes my eyes will still be in sleep mode and then I can easily fall back asleep, but I feel that will ruin the whole technique, cause the whole point in WBTB is to make your mind alert, while going back to sleep so you are more aware when you jump back in to your REM sleep. But in my case this isnt helping. Not only that my sleep schedule ever since my dad past away has been such shit, I would go to sleep at 3 AM, and wake up at 12 - 2PM everyday. So when I do the WBTB technique, I would go to sleep at 3, set my alarm for 830 ish, 9. stay awakee till 9-930ish, then go back to bed, and end up lying there till like 11 unable to sleep maybe even later. Then finally I fall asleep and have a normal dream and wake up at 1ish to 2.

Anyways I appreciate all the help, I really need to LD already, but I am patient, and I have been patient for the past 8 months. MY dream recall is pretty amazing I would say. I write down alot, but my awareness absolutely SUCKS!

Best

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”