Jesus Christ's second coming happened?...

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Vonozar

Re: Jesus Christ's second coming happened?...

Postby Vonozar » 03 Apr 2014 05:07

Wow, I have been gone a while! :roll: I would still like to respond to the original thread here though. :)

Matthew 24:3-5
As He was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?" And Jesus answered and said to them, "See to it that no one misleads you. For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will mislead many.

Matthew 24:11
Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many.

Matthew 24:23-27
Then if anyone says to you, 'Behold, here is the Christ', or 'There He is', do not believe him. For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect. Behold, I have told you in advance. So if they say to you, 'Behold, He is in the wilderness', do not go out, or, 'Behold, He is in the inner rooms', do not believe them. For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be.

Luke 21:8
See to it that you are not misled; for many will come in My name, saying, 'I am He', and, 'The time is near.' Do not go after them.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 03 Apr 2014 07:32

It's nice to see some actual quotes from The Scripture.

Penn Jillette says, the most influential book that will turn anyone into an atheist is the Bible. ;)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 03 Apr 2014 09:28

HAGART wrote:It's nice to see some actual quotes from The Scripture.

Penn Jillette says, the most influential book that will turn anyone into an atheist is the Bible. ;)

Hagart it's obvious that Penn needs to be more like Teller - it's better to remain silent than to tell everyone one is a fool; unfortunately Oscar Wilde was right "intelligent people never listen and stupid people never say anything".

People reading the bible read it with 'the eye of faith' and never see how silly it is and how in conflict it is with itself.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 03 Apr 2014 10:15

It's best to be "The Fool On The Hill"

(Beatles song reference)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 04 Apr 2014 21:54

I think you may have misunderstood me. I wasn't giving an argument to disprove the Bible, but one to prove the truth in it. It warns about these false Christs and gives a warning not to follow them. :)
Snaggle wrote:
People reading the bible read it with 'the eye of faith' and never see how silly it is and how in conflict it is with itself.

Interesting. Can you give an example please? :)

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 05 Apr 2014 06:42

Vonozar wrote:I think you may have misunderstood me. I wasn't giving an argument to disprove the Bible, but one to prove the truth in it. It warns about these false Christs and gives a warning not to follow them. :)
Snaggle wrote:

Interesting. Can you give an example please? :)

Sure, Vonozar, there are numerous contradiction and sillinesses in the Bible TI'll start with two both having to do with Jesus' ancestors.

The Promise God made to David Jewish Publication Society, book of Samuel)
7:12 When thy days are fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, that shall proceed out of thy body, and I will establish his kingdom.
7:13 He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom for ever.
7:14 I will be to him for a father, and he shall be to Me for a son; if he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men;
7:15 but My mercy shall not depart from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.
7:16 And thy house and thy kingdom shall be made sure for ever before thee; thy throne shall be established for ever.'
7:17 According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David.

It's clear that it's Solomon's line that will be Kings forever.

VS

Curse of Jeremiah ( Jewish Publication Society)
22:18 Therefore thus saith the Lord concerning Jehoiakim the son of Josiah, king of Judah: They shall not lament for him: 'Ah my brother!' or: 'Ah sister!' They shall not lament for him: 'Ah lord!' or: 'Ah his glory!...22:30 Thus saith the Lord: Write ye this man [Jehoiakim ] childless, a man that shall not prosper in his days; for no m7:12 When thy days are fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, that shall proceed out of thy body, and I will establish his kingdom.
7:13 He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom for ever.
7:14 I will be to him for a father, and he shall be to Me for a son; if he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men;
7:15 but My mercy shall not 7:12 When thy days are fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, that shall proceed out of thy body, and I will establish his kingdom.
7:15 but My mercy shall not depart from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.
7:16 And thy house and thy kingdom shall be made sure for ever before thee; thy throne shall be established for ever.'
7:17 According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David.
depart from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.
7:17 According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David. [/quote]an of his seed shall prosper, sitting upon the throne of David, and ruling any more in Judah. [/quote]

It's clear that Solomon's line was cursed by God and not perpetually forgiven as promised - huge contradiction.

The we have the equally huge contradiction between the Gospels of Matthew and Luke over whom Jesus' ancestors were combined with the total silliness of Jesus being a child of the Holy Spirit and not of Joseph (in which case he's not of the House or Line of Solomon).

Gospel of Matthew (American Standard)

1:1The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
1:2Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judah and his brethren; 1:3and Judah begat Perez and Zerah of Tamar; and Perez begat Hezron; and Hezron begat Ram; 1:4and Ram begat Amminadab; and Amminadab begat Nahshon; and Nahshon begat Salmon; 1:5and Salmon begat Boaz of Rahab; and Boaz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse; 1:6and Jesse begat David the king.
And David begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Uriah; 1:7and Solomon begat Rehoboam; and Rehoboam begat Abijah; and Abijah begat Asa; 1:8and Asa begat Jehoshaphat; and Jehoshaphat begat Joram; and Joram begat Uzziah; 1:9and Uzziah begat Jotham; and Jotham begat Ahaz; and Ahaz begat Hezekiah; 1:10and Hezekiah begat Manasseh; and Manasseh begat Amon; and Amon begat Josiah; 1:11and Josiah begat Jechoniah and his brethren, at the time of the carrying away to Babylon.
1:12And after the carrying away to Babylon, Jechoniah begat Shealtiel; and Shealtiel begat Zerubbabel; 1:13and Zerubbabel begat Abiud; and Abiud begat Eliakim; and Eliakim begat Azor; 1:14and Azor begat Sadoc; and Sadoc begat Achim; and Achim begat Eliud; 1:15and Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob; 1:16and Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
1:17So all the generations from Abraham unto David are fourteen generations; and from David unto the carrying away to Babylon fourteen generations; and from the carrying away to Babylon unto the Christ fourteen generations.

VS

Gospel of Luke (American Standard)

3:23And Jesus himself, when he began to teach, was about thirty years of age, being the son (as was supposed) of Joseph, the son of Heli, 3:24the son of Matthat, the son of Levi, the son of Melchi, the son of Jannai, the son of Joseph, 3:25the son of Mattathias, the son of Amos, the son of Nahum, the son of Esli, the son of Naggai, 3:26the son of Maath, the son of Mattathias, the son of Semein, the son of Josech, the son of Joda, 3:27the son of Joanan, the son of Rhesa, the son of Zerubbabel, the son of Shealtiel, the son of Neri, 3:28the son of Melchi, the son of Addi, the son of Cosam, the son of Elmadam, the son of Er, 3:29the son of Jesus, the son of Eliezer, the son of Jorim, the son of Matthat, the son of Levi, 3:30the son of Symeon, the son of Judas, the son of Joseph, the son of Jonam, the son of Eliakim, 3:31the son of Melea, the son of Menna, the son of Mattatha, the son of Nathan, the son of David, 3:32the son of Jesse, the son of Obed, the son of Boaz, the son of Salmon, the son of Nahshon, 3:33the son of Amminadab, the son of Arni, the son of Hezron, the son of Perez, the son of Judah, 3:34the son of Jacob, the son of Isaac, the son of Abraham, the son of Terah, the son of Nahor, 3:35the son of Serug, the son of Reu, the son of Peleg, the son of Eber, the son of Shelah 3:36the son of Cainan, the son of Arphaxad, the son of Shem, the son of Noah, the son of Lamech, 3:37the son of Methuselah, the son of Enoch, the son of Jared, the son of Mahalaleel, the son of Cainan, 3:38the son of Enos, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God.

And finally vs
Sons of David, 1 Chronicles (Jewish Publication Society)
3:1 Now these were the sons of David, that were born unto him in Hebron: the first-born, Amnon, of Ahinoam the Jezreelitess; the second, Daniel, of Abigail the Carmelitess;
3:2 the third, Absalom the son of Maacah the daughter of Talmai king of Geshur; the fourth, Adonijah the son of Haggith;
3:3 the fifth, Shephatiah of Abital; the sixth, Ithream by Eglah his wife.
3:4 Six were born unto him in Hebron; and there he reigned seven years and six months; and in Jerusalem he reigned thirty and three years.
3:5 And these were born unto him in Jerusalem: Shimea, and Shobab, and Nathan, and Solomon, four, of Bath-shua the daughter of Ammiel;
3:6 and Ibhar, and Elishama, and Eliphelet;
3:7 and Nogah, and Nepheg, and Japhia;
3:8 and Elishama, and Eliada, and Eliphelet, nine.
3:9 All these were the sons of David, beside the sons of the concubines; and Tamar was their sister.
3:10 And Solomon's son was Rehoboam; Abijah his son, Asa his son, Jehoshaphat his son;
3:11 Joram his son, Ahaziah his son, Joash his son;
3:12 Amaziah his son, Azariah his son, Jotham his son;
3:13 Ahaz his son, Hezekiah his son, Manasseh his son;
3:14 Amon his son, Josiah his son.
3:15 And the sons of Josiah: the firstborn Johanan, the second Jehoiakim, the third Zedekiah, the fourth Shallum.
3:16 And the sons of Jehoiakim: Jeconiah his son, Zedekiah his son.
3:17 And the sons of Jeconiah--the same is Assir--Shealtiel his son;
3:18 and Malchiram, and Pedaiah, and Shenazzar, Jekamiah, Hoshama, and Nedabiah.
3:19 And the sons of Pedaiah: Zerubbabel, and Shimei. And the sons of Zerubbabel: Meshullam, and Hananiah; and Shelomith was their sister; 7:12 When thy days are fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, that shall proceed out of thy body, and I will establish his kingdom.

3:20 and Hashubah and Ohel, and Berechiah, and Hasadiah, Jushabhesed, five.
3:21 And the sons of Hananiah: Pelatiah, an3:23And Jesus himself, when he began to teach, was about thirty years of age, being the son (as was supposed) of Joseph, the son of Heli, 3:24the son of Matthat, the son of Levi, the son of Melchi, the son of Jannai, the son of Joseph, d Jeshaiah; the sons of Jeshaiah: Rephaiah; the sons of Rephaiah: Arnan; the sons of Arnan: Obadiah; the sons of Obadiah: Shecaniah.
3:22 And 7:12 When thy days are fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, that shall proceed out of thy body, and I will establish his kingdom.
the sons of Shecaniah: Shemaiah; and the sons of Shemaiah: Hattush, and Igal, and Bariah, and Neariah, and Shaphat, six.
3:23 And the sons of Neariah: Elioenai, and H3:23And Jesus himself, when he began to teach, was about thirty years of age, being the son (as was supposed) of Joseph, the son of Heli, 3:24the son of Matthat, the son of Levi, the son of Melchi, the son of Jannai, the son of Joseph, izkiah, and Azrikam, three.
3:24 And the sons of Elioenai: Hodaviah, and Eliashib, and Pelaiah, and Akkub, and Johanan, and Delaiah, and Anani, seven.

The false claim that Matthew is telling of Joseph's ancestors and Luke of Mary's is reputed by Luke himself, if one bothers to read him.
[quote]3:23And Jesus himself, when he began to teach, was about thirty years of age, being the son (as was supposed) of Joseph, the son of Heli,[quote]
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 06 Apr 2014 02:44

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-RlKtkFke4
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Apr 2014 09:54

Vonozar wrote:Wow, I have been gone a while! :roll: I would still like to respond to the original thread here though. :)

Matthew 24:3-5
As He was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?" And Jesus answered and said to them, "See to it that no one misleads you. For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will mislead many.

Matthew 24:11
Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many.

Matthew 24:23-27
Then if anyone says to you, 'Behold, here is the Christ', or 'There He is', do not believe him. For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect. Behold, I have told you in advance. So if they say to you, 'Behold, He is in the wilderness', do not go out, or, 'Behold, He is in the inner rooms', do not believe them. For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be.

Luke 21:8
See to it that you are not misled; for many will come in My name, saying, 'I am He', and, 'The time is near.' Do not go after them.

Thanks. I appreciated those scripture posts.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Cenazrlb

Cheap FIFA Coins:FIFA 2014 eedevazq uhckvrof gwopm chvdjgk

Postby Cenazrlb » 12 Apr 2014 18:10

Principals in <a href=http://www.medpac.gov/cheapfifacoins.html>Fifa 14 Ultimate Team Coins</a> BINGO
That Bingo adventure is commonly trialled on halls. The principles in Bingo vary as a result of area to help you area. To get started on the video game we should instead get the business cards through details asleep on the application, and be able to assembled an important 5x5 grid which inturn matches with the six note text B-I-N-G-O. That details can be specific within simple (out in 92 on Aussie and even Japanese Bingo and even 70 in U . s citizens Bingo). The ball player just who wraps up that 'BINGO' habit in a shape with the 5x5 grid is definitely the VICTORIOUS. That online players contain tens of thousands of incomparable business cards to pick from. Distinct Brand names screen-print unduplicated chain in 6000cards. <br /><br />In ENGLAND Bingo is without a doubt trialled usually on tremendous community hall through bucks gifts, the application has developed into component to evening hours occurrences on small amount of areas which inturn demand tremendous bill. <br /><br />Every ocean the <a href=http://buyfifa14coinsonline.blogspot.com/>fifa coins</a> area in ENGLAND is cast as BINGO, though these you don't have assistance in tremendous bucks though jus that the right gifts. Bingo is without a doubt on top of that trialled on modest area merely bump up dollars designed for respectable triggers. <br /><br />Australian and even OUGH. NITED KINGDOM. bingo business cards contain 9 decades copy and even three or more creases. A lot of these commonly include Catalogs and even each individual arrange comprises fifteen pages of content in distinctive tones enjoy Calcium, Golden, Violet, Pink coloured, Stained, Greyish, Red, Apple, The white kind of and even Green. AN IMPORTANT many different <a href=http://www.medpac.gov/futcoins/cheapfut14coins.html>Cheap FIFA 13 Coins</a> arrange comprises 6 particular catalogs. Professional online players will be able to have fun the 6 catalogs additionally, the the beginner and advanced beginner will be able to primarily have fun you arrange and usually a only real cartomancy. In most cases that catalogs can be labeled as simply because 'Flyers'. Questions moreover implemented the exact same arrange bingo simply because ENGLAND. On Perth callers can be little bit of less quickly during Melbourne and even Quarterly report that callers are actually fast<br /><br />In sizeable cities or streets and even residential areas bingo is kind of 'BIG COMPANY'S therefore demand bundle. Many many people get paid because of it. On small-scale residential areas it's really a communal situation along with a highly hospitable appearance. <br /><br />In wide variety naming that details can be labeled as promptly additionally, the callers can be to fork out experienced focus on that labeled as details and even bench mark them all to their business cards. The video game moves on right up till various online players phone call 'BINGO'. The adventure is without a doubt finished additionally, the amounts can be revealed. That award is without a doubt provided for that victorious additionally, the then adventure gets under way considering the unique business cards and even online players. On Vegas there's a lot of varieties this includes some back packs, Note A and even Coverall Bingo. Additionally occasionally that commission is without a doubt up to money 10, 000. </span>

Cenazrlb

Fut Coins:FIFA 2014 inxtahem ybghypll xmwwp orlpfjl

Postby Cenazrlb » 12 Apr 2014 18:18

|

Return to “Off-Topic”