New to this site and lucid dreaming

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
funkyowls

New to this site and lucid dreaming

Postby funkyowls » 05 Apr 2014 01:33

Hello errybody,

Nothing exciting to say here other than I'm new to this site.

I've been contemplating lucid dreaming for the past couple of years but never too seriously and so I never really got into it. I haven't yet had a proper lucid dream, but I've perhaps had some very low-level, non-vivid dreams where I knew I was dreaming but it wasn't particularly intense.

Now I'm more focused and am trying to begin the techniques. I'm hoping this will help me overcome social fears, boost my creative writing (coming up with ideas and characters), get to know my wants and wishes better and boost wisdom.

I've also been interested in Buddhism and meditation for some time now.

That's it, nice to meet you :3

TillyPink

Re: New to this site and lucid dreaming

Postby TillyPink » 06 Apr 2014 22:22

Hi and welcome. If you're interested in Buddhism and meditation you must read (if you have not already) Charlie Morley 'Dreams of Awakening'. Look it up you can buy it online. It's a combination of western science in lucid dreaming and Buddhism and meditation. It's a real joy to read, Charlie Morley is a great teacher and great fun. TillyP

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 07 Apr 2014 22:35

funkyowls,

Welcome. In addition to the excellent instructional articles on this World Of Lucid Dreaming website, you could also check out the free online magazine - "The Lucid Dream Exchange" - dreaminglucid.com - Includes interviews with experienced lucid dreamers and lucid dreaming advice.

Also, you say you are learning about Buddhism and meditation. One of my favorite books is about Tibetan Buddhist Dzogchen meditation - "The Crystal And The Way Of Light" by Namkhai Norbu. The author includes an interesting, sometime humorous, account of growing up in Tibet and describes his harrowing escape over the mountains to India, during which he and his group braved blizzards and were pursued by bandits and Chinese soldiers.

funkyowls

Postby funkyowls » 10 Apr 2014 17:09

Hey thanks for the responses guys!! :3

I'll be sure to look up your suggestions when I get bored, sounds pretty cool :3

Return to “Introduce Yourself”