Why it keeps happening to me?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
GalMutzafy

Why it keeps happening to me?

Postby GalMutzafy » 05 Apr 2014 11:00

It's seems like every time I get lucid the dream just crash for some reason...

Its just annoys me that 10 times I get lucid with WBTB every week and I just wake up a second after, like all this months of writing dreams, talking with great people about it, doing RC's but every time something gets in the way...

Someone als have this problems too?
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Dreamometer

Re: Why it keeps happening to me?

Postby Dreamometer » 05 Apr 2014 12:54

You are stuck in a big loop my friend,you expecting to wake up after you get lucid,even if you are not aware of it,you still do..you need to make yourself KNOW that you won't wake up once you get lucid. Everything starts and ends in your brain. Maybe it happened to you twice or three times in a row and then you got to the point that you "know" it will happen all the time,and that what causing it to acctully happen.
I hope you will get over it soon. If you want to talk about it more,you may talk to me via Facebook.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

TillyPink

Postby TillyPink » 05 Apr 2014 13:41

Dreamometer wrote:You are stuck in a big loop my friend,you expecting to wake up after you get lucid,even if you are not aware of it,you still do..you need to make yourself KNOW that you won't wake up once you get lucid. Everything starts and ends in your brain. Maybe it happened to you twice or three times in a row and then you got to the point that you "know" it will happen all the time,and that what causing it to acctully happen.
I hope you will get over it soon. If you want to talk about it more,you may talk to me via Facebook.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

This is a good response, yes, this makes sense, even by questioning why it always happens, you could be starting to create an unwanted cycle. Here's what happens to me with windows, my main entry points into lucid dreams. I was thinking about this today. I get to the window, I know I should be able to float through it, but i always bump into it, because I really unconsciously expect to. And then i think, I always do that! And have to open it, and i think in my dream it seems silly and a waste of time as it's an illusion that I am opening it. The way I have started to deal with it is to just not try to float through the windows, and to just 'open' them and be really cool about it. I'll have a think about what might be your next best step as it's very exciting you are getting there. So feel really positive!

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 05 Apr 2014 15:26

But I do believe I can do this and that I will still be lucid all the way, just after so many times you just get upset from it...

But we always need to keep trying.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 07 Apr 2014 01:50

How are you entering the dream? Are you waking up to find yourself fully in one? or is it more like WILD where you may getting a slow entry and need to be pulling yourself into the dream more?

As the other said too.. if you are fearing you could wake up (rather then being completely relaxed about it when you find yourself in a dream).. that can actually cause someone to wake up.

Are you getting any chance at all to start to try to stabilize? If so, what are you starting to do?
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 07 Apr 2014 06:24

taniaaust1 wrote:How are you entering the dream? Are you waking up to find yourself fully in one? or is it more like WILD where you may getting a slow entry and need to be pulling yourself into the dream more?

As the other said too.. if you are fearing you could wake up (rather then being completely relaxed about it when you find yourself in a dream).. that can actually cause someone to wake up.

Are you getting any chance at all to start to try to stabilize? If so, what are you starting to do?

It's isnt all the time the same, sometimes It happens so fast that I can't do a reality check, but sometimes after doing a successfull RC and started to rub my hands in one case the dream shut down or the other I am lucid with low percentage.

But most of the cases I could't get to the point that I do stablizition stuff, it's like this:

Walking around, suddenly thought from nowhere that I should do a reality check, doing it, realizing that I am dreaming - and usually I am waking up before getting to start the stablizition.

Other people told me that I should just next time I'll get lucid, that I should just not think about stablize the dream, and just chill down and watch everything around me, and that might work for me...

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Apr 2014 13:10

But most of the cases I could't get to the point that I do stablizition stuff

Walking around, suddenly thought from nowhere that I should do a reality check, doing it, realizing that I am dreaming - and usually I am waking up before getting to start the stablizition.

that's tough.

Other people told me that I should just next time I'll get lucid, that I should just not think about stablize the dream, and just chill down and watch everything around me, and that might work for me...

Yeah that may work. I find that if Im very light in a dream.. I will drop out by any self form of movement. I need to keep still till Im in it better. There is several ways I can stabilise more without having to move.

1/ observation of things around me in the dream eg focus on what you can smell in the dream if anything, what you can hear in the dream, if outdoors, feel -what is the weather around you like in the dream?,

2/ Image someone you are closely connected to.. going to come up behind you (or in the next room about to walk in throu the door.. imagine they are there.. and ask them to touch you. (a DC doing the moving for you and touching can help hold one in a dream).

best luck

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 08 Apr 2014 13:42

taniaaust1 wrote:
But most of the cases I could't get to the point that I do stablizition stuff

that's tough.

Yeah that may work. I find that if Im very light in a dream.. I will drop out by any self form of movement. I need to keep still till Im in it better. There is several ways I can stabilise more without having to move.

1/ observation of things around me in the dream eg focus on what you can smell in the dream if anything, what you can hear in the dream, if outdoors, feel -what is the weather around you like in the dream?,

2/ Image someone you are closely connected to.. going to come up behind you (or in the next room about to walk in throu the door.. imagine they are there.. and ask them to touch you. (a DC doing the moving for you and touching can help hold one in a dream).

best luck

1 - as I've said I want to do that next time I'll get lucid, I have a good feeling about it.

2 - I've never thought about that! Alltought it might be a little difficult to do I think... I'll try it also!

Thank you very much for the tips.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Apr 2014 09:20

GalMutzafy wrote:[
2 - I've never thought about that! Alltought it might be a little difficult to do I think... I'll try it also!

With dreaming sometimes something one would of thought would be easy can be hard or something which you may of thought would of been hard could be easy (it really just depends on if your subconciousness will work with your aim or not and simply with LDs one doesnt know what ones subconciousness will be like with something). So what things in dreams a person has issues with, all depends on the individual eg I cant fly, I had trouble with the "what's in your pocket?" LD challenge.. but I can easily bring someone into my dream.

Anyway.. dont try to think anything is difficult till you try it for a couple of times yourself to know. With doing something in a LD, it usually isnt predictable if its going to be easy or hard. (thou if you choose to believe that something will probably be difficult, then it is far more likely to be).

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”