Hi, I'm new, and may need help.

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
DreamWalker

Hi, I'm new, and may need help.

Postby DreamWalker » 06 Apr 2014 14:54

Hello everybody

I'm James,
I'm 16 years old, and enjoy a very social life.
A couple years ago I had a drastic life change, moved, started homeschooling, and I am now in a situation where quality friends cannot be met. Let's leave it at that.
Anyways my new alone life is different, and at times has me depressed. I find every now and then I have a pleasant dream involving socializing with the people I used to, that lifts my spirits for a while, but they just don't come often enough. I figure lucid dreaming will substitute this desire to socialize until I am situated where I can actually do so(which I'm working on).
I figure this will be challenging, because I am impatient, not easily dedicated, and to some extent have ADHD I don't medicate for (I don't believe it, I was just told that in school) (don't believe it's necessary). So this proposition to just reject incoming thoughts during meditation sounds challenging of me, being that I've always been constantly thinking about something else going on.

That's pretty much it. Sorry it's a lot.

I figure I'd join the forum, in case I have any problems with the techniques the articles on this website suggest. I hope to learn everything I can about lucid dreaming, and I'm ready to dedicate, after about a year of pondering whether I should learn this.

I'm hoping this works out
And I'm here to stay if it does!

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
I sincerely appreciate all help given.
I sincerely appreciate the dedication each member has put into this forum.
This mass of information would not be present, nor easily organized without you.
Thank you.

GalMutzafy

Re: Hi, I'm new, and may need help.

Postby GalMutzafy » 06 Apr 2014 17:45

Welcome to the website!

I also want to lucid dream and talk to people that in real life I have a little problem to...

And I suggest you would do meditation, first of all it's relaxing but I also don't interested in it because of it, I'm interested at it because its increasing your imagination and self awareness, which could help you with your lucid dreams.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

DreamWalker

Re: Hi, I'm new, and may need help.

Postby DreamWalker » 06 Apr 2014 20:29

GalMutzafy wrote:And I suggest you would do meditation, first of all it's relaxing but I also don't interested in it because of it, I'm interested at it because its increasing your imagination and self awareness, which could help you with your lucid dreams.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will begin meditating daily.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
I sincerely appreciate all help given.
I sincerely appreciate the dedication each member has put into this forum.
This mass of information would not be present, nor easily organized without you.
Thank you.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”