Problems With LD that Make Me Reluctant

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
DreamWalker

Problems With LD that Make Me Reluctant

Postby DreamWalker » 06 Apr 2014 16:12

I've been looking into this for about a year, but what seems to deter me is the fact that I just don't know what could happen, because possibilities are endless inside the mind of a troubled individual.
We are all someway troubled.
I've been seeing these responses scattered throughout the website. They aren't common, but the do occur. I will post screenshots.
I appreciate any and all help given. Thank you all in advance
Knowledge is power my friends.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Attachments
image.jpg
This frightens me, but does not deter me.
image.jpg (244.33 KiB) Viewed 757 times
image.jpg
This frightens me, but doesn't deter me,
image.jpg (232.03 KiB) Viewed 757 times
I sincerely appreciate all help given.
I sincerely appreciate the dedication each member has put into this forum.
This mass of information would not be present, nor easily organized without you.
Thank you.

taniaaust1

Re: Problems With LD that Make Me Reluctant

Postby taniaaust1 » 07 Apr 2014 01:56

Does it even matter what can happen? Its only a dream... and something anyone can work to master. The sense of power one feels when one defeats a scary LD situation is awesome.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

DreamWalker

Postby DreamWalker » 07 Apr 2014 06:11

taniaaust1 wrote:Does it even matter what can happen? Its only a dream... and something anyone can work to master. The sense of power one feels when one defeats a scary LD situation is awesome.

Noted, but it caused that person in the first picture physical pain for two days.
And the second guy spends most of the day in his lucid dream, dispite him solving personal problems, it doesn't matter if he can't live to reek the benefits.

This mass of information would not be present, nor easily organized without you.
Thank you.

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 07 Apr 2014 08:45

What probably won't happen, won't happen. Most bad stories are people who make things up, or are an extremely rare case. It's like someone not wanting to go on a hike because a bear could attack them, it is far too rare.
Do a reality check

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Apr 2014 12:57

DreamWalker wrote: Noted, but it caused that person in the first picture physical pain for two days.
And the second guy spends most of the day in his lucid dream, dispite him solving personal problems, it doesn't matter if he can't live to reek the benefits.

You sound like you get terrible anxiety. If you are going to worry about 2 stories out of 100s, maybe LD isnt for you. The likihood of it causing either of these two issues is very remote. You are more likely to get hit by a car.

Ive had a lot of odd rare stuff happen to me but the one time I got physically hurt by a dream by repercussion, it wasnt even a lucid one but was more an ordinary dream. You do not have to worry about this... its very rare and can occur even not throu dreams but rather by thoughts themselves (like hypnosis stuff).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

DreamWalker

Postby DreamWalker » 08 Apr 2014 15:33

taniaaust1 wrote:
DreamWalker wrote: Noted, but it caused that person in the first picture

You sound like you get terrible anxiety. If you are going to worry about 2 stories out of 100s, maybe LD isnt for you. The likihood of it causing either of these two issues is very remote. You are more likely to get hit by a car.

I used to get terrible anxiety, but between the experience of controlling it, and the meditation I started last week, it seems to be less and less of a problem, especially since I moved to a relatively stress free environment. I was just making sure these problems weren't more common than they were reported.

So I will continue practicing lucid dreaming with 0 reluctance from now on, knowing these aren't common problems at all, and I appreciate everybody's help.

Thank you.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”