My Dream Recall Not Like it Used to be

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
DreamWalker

My Dream Recall Not Like it Used to be

Postby DreamWalker » 07 Apr 2014 17:13

Hello,
I'm only 16,
Around 12-14 years old, I had a strict sleeping schedule because of school. Then i moved. Now I homeschool, and my sleep schedule is whenever I feel like it.
Well also back when I was 12-14 I could recall my dreams the next day, nearly everyday, so vividly. I often reflected on them throughout the day, but never wrote them down.
Now for the past 2 nights i tryed to recall my dream, but I couldn't remember a thing, even right after I woke up. But last night I was able to barely recall the last thing that happened in the last scene of meh dream, at least it's better than nothing. Progress made :D
But I can still vaguely recall a non lucid dream I had over 2 weeks ago, but it's the last one I remember remembering xD. (Probably because it involved this girl I used to date)
But back to the problem at hand.

Why can't I recall my dreams every morning like I used to be able to?

Since then, I was put in a more comfortable environment, but I usually go to sleep around 11 PM or 12 AM now. But I sleep as late as I want!
Should I go to sleep earlier regardless?

I appreciate all input given. Thank you sincerely for your time.
P.S. I Tried the WBTB last night in conjunction with the MILD technique, and have yet to have my first lucid dream. I'm only on day 3, so I feel no rush to have my first one, although we all get anxious.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Last edited by DreamWalker on 09 Apr 2014 13:37, edited 1 time in total.
I sincerely appreciate all help given.
I sincerely appreciate the dedication each member has put into this forum.
This mass of information would not be present, nor easily organized without you.
Thank you.

JonSnowLD

Re: My Dream Recall Not Like it Used to be

Postby JonSnowLD » 08 Apr 2014 20:58

Heyyy, dream recall is something you have to build up-there are some good tips about dream recall one of the articles on the World Of Lucid Dreaming site ;)

I seem to remember reading that you're more likely to remember a dream if you're woken up whilst it's happening (think that's in the REM phase) -maybe you're old sleep pattern meant you were waking up during this time?

I usually have wayyy more vivid and even lucid dreams when sleeping late-you're REM periods grow in length the longer you sleep-going to bed earlier can't do any harm though yeah! ;)

Hope this helps! :)
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

DreamWalker

Postby DreamWalker » 09 Apr 2014 00:33

JonSnowLD wrote: I usually have wayyy more vivid and even lucid dreams when sleeping late-you're REM periods grow in length the longer you sleep-going to bed earlier can't do any harm though yeah! ;)

Hope this helps! :)

This helps a lot man thanks. But also.
I've began to go to bed earlier, but I still don't see how there could be much difference, because I sleep in as late as I want anyways

I usually wake up around 9-10 AM, wide awake, and I am not able to sleep past this time, no matter how hard I try.
It seems I sleep a full 8 or 9 hours when it hits 9-10AM, because I usually don't go to bee until 11PM-12AM, falling asleep around 12-1AM.
Anyways after this 8-9 hours asleep, it seems I can't return to sleep for even another hour after I wake up. Is this because it has become too late in the day, showing that I need to go to sleep earlier? Or am I not supposed to be able to get that extra hour of sleep in even if I want to?

This mass of information would not be present, nor easily organized without you.
Thank you.

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 09 Apr 2014 22:39

Hmmm that's pretty similar to how I sleep at weekends-when I first stared a dream journal I'd only remember dreams like 1 or 2 out of every 3 days but now it's really unusual to not remember anything! by getting whatever you remember down as soon as you wake up every day you just gradually get better dream recall- it's probably just practise tbh ;)
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

DreamWalker

Postby DreamWalker » 10 Apr 2014 14:49

JonSnowLD wrote:Hmmm that's pretty similar to how I sleep at weekends-when I first stared a dream journal I'd only remember dreams like 1 or 2 out of every 3 days but now it's really unusual to not remember anything! by getting whatever you remember down as soon as you wake up every day you just gradually get better dream recall- it's probably just practise tbh ;)

I appreciate this very helpful insight. I didn't remember anything this morning, but I'll keep at it. Thanks man!

Thank you.

Return to “For Beginners”