Lucid Dreaming Day - April 12th

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Rebecca
Site Admin

Lucid Dreaming Day - April 12th

Postby Rebecca » 09 Apr 2014 16:50

Hi everyone

A bunch of us authors, bloggers, speakers and other LD proponents have gotten together to launch the world's first ever Lucid Dreaming Day - this coming Saturday April 12, 2014.

It's based on the historic date that Keithe Hearne first proved lucid dreaming actually exists in his University of Hull lab in England in 1975 (wooo England!)

It would be great if all our forum fans got in on the day, primarily through social media using the Twitter tag #LucidDreamingDay and by joining the global Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/616893211727862/

To help show the world there is a whole community of lucid dreamers out here - and they can join in on the action, too - we're encouraging everyone to post a "Just Woke Up Selfie" from today! Yes, I have already embarrassed myself by posting my own - check out the Facebook event page if you think you can handle it.

We're also running competitions to win signed lucidity paraphernalia, and our network of top LD experts will be dropping by on the day to talk about what they love most about lucid dreams, to set challenges to the established oneironauts among you, and to generally celebrate this wonderful skill and artform.

Learn about Keith Hearne's groundbreaking experiment at: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/lucid-dreaming-day-april-12.html and help us tell EVERYONE that it's Lucid Dreaming Day on Saturday!

Thanks for ALL your support :D

taniaaust1

Re: Lucid Dreaming Day - April 12th

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Apr 2014 03:49

What a great idea!
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 10 Apr 2014 11:05

Cool.
Joined the event and liked the page! :)

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 11 Apr 2014 07:26

I just skimmed through that facebook page.

I won't add a "Just Woke Up Selfie", but perhaps I can describe it for you. (It'll be under a thousand words).

Picture a person with matted hair that defies gravity. Most of it shoots off sideways but a few strands are dancing upright like a snake entranced by the charm of pillow-induced-static-electricity. There's a mysterious, crusty, dried goo at the corner of their puffy eyes. A trail of drool, like a spider thread, leads from the corner of their mouth to a small pool on the pillow next to the dried up, stained vestiges of previous billabongs.

That's me waking up in the morning! That's why I won't post a photo of it. It cruel and unusual for anyone to see and deal with. I wouldn't want to inflict that visual atrocity upon anyone.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 11 Apr 2014 10:37

HAGART wrote:Picture a person with matted hair that defies gravity. Most of it shoots off sideways but a few strands are dancing upright like a snake entranced by the charm of pillow-induced-static-electricity. There's a mysterious, crusty, dried goo at the corner of their puffy eyes. A trail of drool, like a spider thread, leads from the corner of their mouth to a small pool on the pillow next to the dried up, stained vestiges of previous billabongs.

That's me waking up in the morning! That's why I won't post a photo of it. It cruel and unusual for anyone to see and deal with. I wouldn't want to inflict that visual atrocity upon anyone.

You and me both.... It's kind of a sick way to promote ourselves, no?

At least, it will get people's attention !! :P

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 12 Apr 2014 16:43

Happy Lucid Dreaming Day to all!

No lucid dreams for me today, but I only got 6 hours sleep, so I'll just consider it a day of fasting for this observance. I'll feast on REM dream rebound tomorrow. ;)

I never know how my self-deprecating humor will be perceived, but I hope my exaggerated description of my 'Just Woke Up Selfie' makes others feel comfortable with theirs because it certainly can't be worse than that! :P
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 12 Apr 2014 18:29

I had the most wonderful WILD and vivid dream today with a conquering of a fear and lots of experiences. I will post this in a while ina new thread.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”