Blast Off!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
paxromana

Blast Off!

Postby paxromana » 09 Apr 2014 17:14

Yo, my name is Liam and I used to lucid dream all the time as a kid but now it's much more infrequent (though still present). Most of the time I'll fly in my dreams and there is usually some degree of resistance, though I know I am dreaming. Lucidity definitely works in degrees for me. One moment I'll be slightly aware I'm dreaming, and the next I'll be verbally expressing my lucidity to my dream characters, and the next I'll have completely forgotten it. Waking Life is definitely the best film representation of the actual nature of dreams that I have ever seen, so if you are reading this, check it out. I really want to master wake induced lucid dreaming. I've done DMT and it felt like the extreme of such a mastery. I also want to master lucid dreaming in order to have intentional transcendental meditation at night and then during the day try to live more like a Taoist and maybe someday become a bodhisattva or something ;) I think about lucidity a lot and its parallel in waking life and how when we gain lucidity, if it isn't sudden, it does not awaken us, but instead situates us within the dream. In waking life it is almost never sudden, and is much more gradual, so as we realize life is a dream and situate ourselves within it, we can enjoy it more fully.

"Life is a dream but somewhat less changeable" - Blaise Pascal
"Life is a dream, but somewhat less changeable."
-Blaise Pascal

HAGART

Re: Blast Off!

Postby HAGART » 11 Apr 2014 05:22

The truth is that anyone who questions dreams, lucid dreams and non-lucid dreams, and compares them to who we are when awake will inevitably arrive to the same conclusion. Our self identity is an illusion, a self-made construct, and some live lucid and others walk through life in a dream. I do have a variable control knob though and it's not a bad thing to be in 'autopilot' sometimes.

I'm sure others have figured the same things out in the past, but they aren't mentioned in history books. Only kings and conquerers are, as if they made any difference. Schools are teaching the wrong subjects. 8-)

I started a conversation about Waking Life: The Movie in the Off-Topic section.
Here's a direct link if that's easier. (You have to copy paste though because this place won't allow URL...)
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14625

I was hoping for others to join and share their thoughts and favorite quotes etc...
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”