I propose a dream experiment!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
HAGART

I propose a dream experiment!

Postby HAGART » 19 Jan 2012 01:50

( After reading what I wrote, I realize it should be discussed further before any "experiment" begins and I mention that in the end. But this is my idea...)

I want to test telepathy in a lucid dream.

My hypothesis is that it won't work, but this will be fun.

So I need some volunteers.

Think of a number between 1 and 10, and write it down. It's important that you write it down, so it isn't just a thought, and can be verified later. (and it could be a whole week before I lucid dream again....) I will do the same, and write down a number. And you can do the same lucid dream experiment as I suggest below:

While in a lucid dream, conjure someone that knows the answers and ask them what the others wrote down. You may only remember 3 people or so, and may have to wake up right away to write it down. If you are in an awesome lucid dream, forget about it and enjoy yourself. This is just a proposition. However, you can always write down a number and not try the experiment.

Again, I predict it won't work, but it will be an interesting experiment. Who else does this? Oh yea, lucid dreamers!

So if you are on board, just say, " I have a number."(and keep it simple between 1-10, and write it down somewhere) I'll see if I (or you, if you try this) can learn it from a lucid dream. It will be an interesting story to share with each other whether we get it right or not.

And we should wait and reveal our answers on a specific date, so that one person who becomes lucid and does this, doesn't ruin it for the others. We all reveal (if we got answers or not) on the same day.

So actually, lets discuss this a bit first before we start. I want to see who is interested. We will have to agree with a few rules (like how long before the experiment is over, or if you want numbers between 1-100).

Or maybe you have other ideas for lucid dream experiments.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Lucid-Dreamer

Re: I propose a dream experiment!

Postby Lucid-Dreamer » 19 Jan 2012 03:44

That sounds actually pretty cool! I've never had a Lucid Dream before, though. :( I have been trying for.....two days. Lol, I'm trying again tonight! :D I hope it will work! But anywho this experiment sounds fun! But I agree, you can only dream up things you can imagine, or know, right? Things in your sub conscience? So if you tried to guess other people's numbers, would it work? It's worth a shot, though!
"Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives" ~William Dement

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 19 Jan 2012 04:15

You say the dream can only be made up from what you know, imagine and what comes from the subconscious.

I AGREE.

You can conjure people in dreams, but they will never know more than you know. OR DO THEY!!?

James

Postby James » 19 Jan 2012 18:44

I will try, so basicly i just write a number, then in my next LD i say "what is hagarts number" and see if it works?
Was it worth it?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Jan 2012 01:10

Yea it is as simple as that.

So right now I have a number between 1-10. But you gotta commit to that number. This is not science, but just for fun. If I lucid dream tonight, I'll see if I can learn your number. Make sure you have one though.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Jan 2012 23:52

I had a dream and became lucid last night.

Then I remembered this experiment and tired it.

I called out for someone, I basically said, 'Is there anyone who knows james's number. Nobody appeared. I called out for Hagart, (if you know my intro, that will make sense). But still nothing. I became lucid within a house I use to live in so that was the construct of the dream. The enviroment so to speak and it is hard to change that... just go with the flow. It was all dimly lit and I wandered from room to room so see if I can feel a 'presense'. Finally, I was in a room that had a fireplace and I saw a reflection in the glass. It was a woman, but I could only see her shoulders up, and it was like she was a news anchor woman. She was wearing blue, had her hair done up, and was kind of attractive, but news anchor type. I said hello, to see if it speaks and she did. Then I asked, "Do you know James's number?"

Here's what she said:
"No, If I did I would be lying." I know that verbatim, but after that she said, I can not know what others are thinking. In more or less words, but the first part in quotations I know word for word the second part I have to paraphrase.

I woke up right away to right it down and I did, but then soon realized it was a false awakening. I get those alot after a lucid dream. Then I woke up for real and wrote it down again.

Maybe 'she' just told me what I expected to hear. After all it is really just a conversation with yourself with some hallucinations thrown in.......

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 21 Jan 2012 00:32

I think you should try to find someone in a lucid dream that is very important (eg a god). Have no expectations at all. I have a number could I join? :D

Good luck!
jamjam

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Jan 2012 01:21

yea we can try again, and MY NUMBER I HAVE still stands. It is between 1 and 10.

Good luck trying to solve it!

I have never conjured GOD before. That would be interesting... I bet it would be the same old weird thing that appears, which I am convinced is just my subconscious.....

I think it was you who told me, after I introduced myself, to "eat everything until you taste color itself!' Or something like that. I will try that, but I still think if I eat a shoe it will taste like a shoe. But that is another experiment I want to try. You inspired that test.

I'll see what things taste like next time.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 21 Jan 2012 01:23

I don't believe in telepathy; except for with myself when not in one location/body.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Jan 2012 02:04

Snaggle wrote:I don't believe in telepathy; except for with myself when not in one location/body.

I agree.... but except for after the 'except' part. :roll: It's hard to explain in words. I know that. Words can't describe it. And I am by no means an expert.

But it can be some fun, just sharing interesting experiences when we try it. And it takes lucidity from the mundane to something else because you have a task. It's no longer recreational.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”