Dream Memory

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
WhyNotSmeagol

Dream Memory

Postby WhyNotSmeagol » 15 Apr 2014 20:51

I've always had a great dream memory. Some of my friends often say, they don't even dream, because they never remember their dreams. I think I have a good memory in general, but I also remember my dreams after every sleep. Sometimes I remember just fragments or feelings, but most of the time I remember at least one event. My dreams or usually very strange, sometimes not even in first person. My view jumps around from place to place, things just appear out of nowhere and then disappear, I see strange object doing strange things,... But at least I remember them. Now my memory is even better because I write dreams in my dream journal. I just wonder if a good dream memory is a rare thing. I'm not saying that I'm better because of it, don't get me wrong. It is just weird for me to not have dreams at all and I have never met a person who has similar dream memory.
Equilibrium

HAGART

Re: Dream Memory

Postby HAGART » 16 Apr 2014 03:54

You're preaching to the choir and asking the wrong crowd. Most of us here have great dream recall otherwise we wouldn't be here.

But I know what you mean. I ask my brother sometimes what he dreamed about and not only does he claim to have no dreams, he thinks it's odd that I even bring it up!

Some dreams really are just images and emotions without form or plot, but I still remember those and put them into words as best I can.

Most people in this world don't remember simply because they don't try and consider it a trivial waste of time. But not me. Not us.

On another note, do you remember early childhood memories? Most ignore those too, but I don't. They are stored as dreams too in a way, and dream recall helps with unlocking early memories as well.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

WhyNotSmeagol

Re: Dream Memory

Postby WhyNotSmeagol » 16 Apr 2014 15:05

I believe that when you are a child you see and feel the world differently. Every memory of a certain feeling is stored into your subconscious mind when you are a child. Therefore your child memories are very important to your life in general. Sometimes when I'm doing certain things I get flashbacks of my child memories. I cannot locate what was I doing at that time, but I just remember a single moment, a single feeling. And those memories are good and happy memories.

So, you are saying that to become lucid you need a good dream recall. But if you don't have a natural good memory you can probably train to have one. Is a good dream memory hard to achieve for someone who normally does not remember his dreams?
Equilibrium

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”