Almost had my second lucid dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
funkyowls

Almost had my second lucid dream?

Postby funkyowls » 15 Apr 2014 23:43

Haha. Last night I had a dream that I was on a bus, and this cute guy I sort of like was there, and he was talking about lucid dreaming. Then in the dream I barge into the conversation like "you lucid dream? I've been trying to and keeping a dream diary but I haven't had one yet!".

It was kinda funny because I don't think I thought to do a reality check and didn't realize I was dreaming, even though I was on a bus home from my high school, which is one of the most commonly occurring events in my dreams (I haven't been to high school in 5 years xD).

So I think I could have had a lucid dream right then but it didn't occur to me haha!

The first lucid dream I had was over a year ago during an afternoon nap (I wasn't taking lucid dreaming too seriously back then). And in my dream I was at Christmas at my relatives' house, and I noticed a toy in the house that I recognized from a previous dream. I then realized the toy didn't exist in real life and so it had to be a dream. I then also noticed that the house I was in didn't look like any of my relatives' actual houses, recalled what all of them looked like inside and realized this wasn't one of them.

HAGART

Re: Almost had my second lucid dream?

Postby HAGART » 16 Apr 2014 04:02

Sorry, I was dream sharing last night and I accidentally entered your dream on that bus..... No, you say? (I guess it was a different cute guy then....) ;)

BAD JOKES ASIDE!

I've had dreams where I talk about lucid dreaming to people, but fail to realize it's a dream myself. Even when all the signs are there too. It happens. "D'oh!"
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Re: Almost had my second lucid dream?

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Apr 2014 11:25

If you commonly dream about being on a school bus, you could try to program yourself to do a reality check in that situation by thinking about doing reality checks if you are ever on a bus and being determined to do so in that event. Think of that as you fall asleep.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”