I Am a Lucid Dreamer

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
imaginecinema
Posts: 34
Joined: 17 Apr 2014 02:22

I Am a Lucid Dreamer

Postby imaginecinema » 17 Apr 2014 02:56

I was talking to my friends the other day and since dreams are a cool topic, we started talking about them. I mentioned that I had had several dreams in which I knew I was dreaming and was able to control my surroundings. They were amazed by this, saying that they had never had any dreams like this. I said that it happens normally with some people, but that it was quite easy to train yourself to do it. I had gotten interested in lucid dreaming a year or two ago and passive-aggressively kept a dream journal and performed reality checks. I had had one lucid dream naturally, before getting interested at all, then I had one lucid dream after getting up early, getting dressed, and then going back to bed. After I started keeping a dream journal, I had one documented lucid dream some time in the summer. That was one lucid dream in the whole year. Yet in 2014, the dreams suddenly started coming much more often, like, once a month. I've had three this year so far. I visited the lucid dreaming website this evening to try to figure out what's going on, and why they're happening so often and what I can do to keep it that way. I found out that if you're doing all the steps right, you can have lucid dreams like, every other day. So I realized that I've really only touched the tip of the iceberg. The important thing is that I've come this far; that I've actually been lucid dreaming once a month one average for about three and a half months now- among my friends, I can consider myself a lucid dreamer, and this progress gives me the encouragement to go forward. I want to work my way up to the point where I can lucid dream on a several-times-a-week basis, but I'm really going to need the help and advice of experienced lucid dreamers if I want to make it that far. I've had about 6 lucid dreams total in my whole life. Though I have never said this to anyone who knows me outside of the internet, I'm actually gender dysphoric- meaning that I feel more comfortable in the body of the opposite gender than I feel in the body of my birth gender. Though I can't experience the satisfaction of my desire in real life and I don't intend to, in five out of my six lucid dreams I've used the dream to change myself into a girl. Satisfying the subconscious urge that's been plaguing me has given me an unbelievable amount of satisfaction upon waking up, and relieved an unbelievable amount of depression. But as I progress in my experience with lucid dreaming, I hope to use dreams for other purposes, to explore fictional storylines, to build cities, to talk to fictional characters and historical figures, etc. It's a great privilege to be able to join this forum and I look forward to sharing my progress and answering what questions I can and asking the questions I need to. Thank you.

-imaginecinema
Last edited by imaginecinema on 22 Apr 2014 03:54, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
HAGART
Posts: 3182
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 21:09
Location: CANADA

Re: I Am a Lucid Dreamer

Postby HAGART » 17 Apr 2014 06:24

imaginecinema wrote:in five out of my six lucid dreams I've used the dream to change myself into a girl


I'm a man comfortable in a man's body, but one time in a lucid dream I looked in the mirror and I was an attractive woman. Instead of being shocked by it, I embraced it, and I started to walk around a large ballroom type setting, enjoying the feeling of men ogling me. So I know for a fact our genders can change in dreams, and really aren't we all both men and women deep down? Or perhaps neither?

In our dreams we tend to be our true selves. I wonder if even in your non-lucid dreams you are the opposite gender too?
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

imaginecinema
Posts: 34
Joined: 17 Apr 2014 02:22

Re: I Am a Lucid Dreamer

Postby imaginecinema » 17 Apr 2014 18:29

HAGART wrote: In our dreams we tend to be our true selves. I wonder if even in your non-lucid dreams you are the opposite gender too?


No, never. Sorry.

TillyPink
Posts: 143
Joined: 07 Nov 2013 22:57

Re: I Am a Lucid Dreamer

Postby TillyPink » 21 Apr 2014 01:51

imaginecinema wrote:Though I have never said this to anyone who knows me outside of the internet, I'm actually gender dysphoric- meaning that I feel more comfortable in the body of the opposite gender than I feel in the body of my birth gender. Though I can't experience the satisfaction of my desire in real life and I don't intend to, in five out of my six lucid dreams I've used the dream to change myself into a girl. Satisfying the subconscious urge that's been plaguing me has given me an unbelievable amount of satisfaction upon waking up, and relieved an unbelievable amount of depression. But as I progress in my experience with lucid dreaming, I hope to use dreams for other purposes, to explore fictional storylines, to build cities, to talk to fictional characters and historical figures, etc. It's a great privilege to be able to join this forum and I look forward to sharing my progress and answering what questions I can and asking the questions I need to. Thank you. -imaginecinema


That is really positive, and touching, and demonstrates the full potential of the lucid dream. I really look forward to reading more about your dream journies. All the very best to you. Tilly


Return to “Introduce Yourself”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest