For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Postby wertygerty30 » 17 Apr 2014 14:41

i wake up in the middle of the night all the time after my dream is done, i go right back to sleep without writing my dream in the dream journal. in the morning i forget what i dreamt about. how do i remember to write my dreams down when im really tired and forget, is there any tips?

Re: help!

Postby Highlander » 17 Apr 2014 15:36

You're still not use to write your dreams, so you forget.
Make an intention before going to sleep. Like: "When i wake up i will write my dream." In time, you'll get use to it and don't need to make that intention.

Postby HAGART » 17 Apr 2014 15:39

I don't sit down and write essay length dreams in my dream journal in the middle of the night. Just scribble some key words down on a piece of paper beside your bed. You don't even have to get up. It's amazing how five to ten words can help jog your memory in the morning. Then you can use those words to help write out your dream in full detail in the morning.
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Postby erichsa » 17 Apr 2014 17:14

I bought myself a cheap voice recorder and just talk what I remember, and back to sleep, that all in the dark. During the day I write the dreams in my journal. :)

Postby WhyNotSmeagol » 20 Apr 2014 13:10

When you wake up just think through your dreams. That's what I do when I don't write my dreams. Sometimes I get up think, through my dreams, then go eat breakfast and write dreams down.

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Apr 2014 01:30

My tip to feeling like that would be to do a quick reality check at that time before you roll over and go back to sleep, pinch nose.. can you still breathe?. You may not even be properly awake! making it near impossible to make yourself write in a journal or follow throu with what you are wanting to do.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”