DC Doesn't Know What He Represents?

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
Jigsaw79

DC Doesn't Know What He Represents?

Postby Jigsaw79 » 18 Apr 2014 00:25

So I've been getting back into Lucid Dreaming, doing reality checks and that sort of stuff. But anyways, to the dream.

I was in my house and my family was there, so I decided to ask my little brother what he represents. He responded with an "I don't know." So a little while later (or right after that, not exactly sure...) I asked him again. He said, "I don't know!" He was angry with me for asking again, I'm guessing.

So, I've composed one theory. Maybe he IS telling me what he represents. Because my little brother doesn't know or get a lot of things, so that's how I view him. So maybe he represented no knowledge of things? I don't know, just some theory I thought of.
So I'm wondering what it means. Thanks. :)

torakrubik

Re: DC Doesn't Know What He Represents?

Postby torakrubik » 18 Apr 2014 00:42

Could be an echo of your conciousness; you don't know what he represents and this is carried over in his reply to you?
Dreaming is my drug

Jigsaw79

Postby Jigsaw79 » 18 Apr 2014 01:03

Then how would I go about getting a good answer without my conscious getting in the way?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Apr 2014 11:54

As the other said its probably also cause you yourself dont know, that its being expressed back to you.

To work out what little brother represents, you could analyse this symbolism while not dreaming. Make a list of all your individual little brothers qualities and how you feel about him ..and that can possibly be put onto what this DC is representing.

Also write a list of things 'little brother" represents too.. more generally = what that represents universally. (symbols carry both universal representations and individual ones too). personal symbolism eg If you found your little brother often annoying, it could represent little annoyances in your life etc.

eg universal representations of "little brother" .. someone with less knowledge then the person doing the dreaming, something weaker, less power, something smaller,
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Characters”