Some questions and advice needed+ first LD

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Dynamo

Some questions and advice needed+ first LD

Postby Dynamo » 16 Apr 2014 18:09

Hi

I am new here and got a quick question if I am doing the right thing:

So I wake up and write my dream in my journal (started this morning); i can't remember it all so i tried to write as much as possible (took me 12 min).

Then i do reality checks:
I say following lines:
can I remember I woke up this morning?
Do I see something strange around me?
(I look at my hand, count my fingers and try to push my finger thought my hand. I say then "I am not dreaming", also i try to get my hand trought a wall, and say the same "I am not dreaming".)
if so I am dreaming
I can do everything I want
I can go anywhere I want

then when I go to sleep I do the MILD technique (cause I dont want sleep paralysing and creepy hallucinations) .
i say following: "if I dream I will know I dream, I will have a lucid dream,I think of what i want to dream" and repeat. Then I say 100- I will have lucid dream to 0.

This night it didnt work but only doing it since last night :p.

What can I do more?

Also if I have one and I shout in my dream, can it be that I shout irl to?
Also I don't really understand the meditation,and I don"t know if I have time for it during school :/
Last edited by Dynamo on 17 Apr 2014 11:36, edited 2 times in total.

Dynamo

Re: Some questions and advice needed

Postby Dynamo » 17 Apr 2014 11:31

Excuse me for my bad english sometimes. Do my best :p

I actually already had my first lucid dream. I was on holiday on the beach and there were alot of changes made. But didn't ask myself questions about it,just kept dreaming. Then when I was back in the car I was like "I acted pretty wierd on the beach lets do reality check". I counted my fingers and without counting my thumb i had already 5 fingers. I counted them again ofcours and counted 6 again. I was like "omg I am dreaming!" There was someone on a bike I was like "ride over him!" but we went through him. Then i got out of the car and wanted to make an energy ball in my hands (I shouted "ENERGY BALL!"). Didnt work. Then i wanted to summon a dream character, tought about the person but didn' see him :(.

But what was really wierd: the dreamworld was pretty wierd. like if it is very hot outside and you can see the heat above the road. Like that was the whole world. After nothing worked it got all black and woke up. I tried to rub my hands but it was to late already. I wanted to write down my dream then but my paper was gone!? I didn't get it so I went looking another. Thats when I woke up again!
Pretty awesome!

But why coudn't i spawn a energy ball and a character? What shoud I do next time?

Thanks for reading :)

GalMutzafy

Re: Some questions and advice needed+ first LD

Postby GalMutzafy » 17 Apr 2014 16:26

When you do reality checks, don't say ''I am not dreaming'' because you might say that in an actual dream...

Just do the reality check and act like you are in a dream doing it.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Dynamo

Postby Dynamo » 17 Apr 2014 17:24

So I just do them at random times, I look at my hand and start counting my fingers, I try to put my finger thourg my hand and before I do the reality check i say "Am I dreaming?" also sometimes I try to put my hand thourg a wall and say the same. It works i guess, in my dream i counted my fingers and had 6 XD. But i just coudn't do something awesome. I was like "Energie ball!" looking at my hands and just didn't happen. Then also after that i got a false awakening.

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 17 Apr 2014 17:30

Dynamo wrote:So I just do them at random times, I look at my hand and start counting my fingers, I try to put my finger thourg my hand and before I do the reality check i say "Am I dreaming?" also sometimes I try to put my hand thourg a wall and say the same. It works i guess, in my dream i counted my fingers and had 6 XD. But i just coudn't do something awesome. I was like "Energie ball!" looking at my hands and just didn't happen. Then also after that i got a false awakening.

Maybe you got too excited and woke up.

Anyway, don't worry, after a few lucid dreams you will get to know and do awsome stuff, maybe even the next one.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Apr 2014 10:35

(I look at my hand, count my fingers and try to push my finger thought my hand. I say then "I am not dreaming", also i try to get my hand trought a wall, and say the same "I am not dreaming".)

Never say "I am not dreaming" as if you are dreaming, it may create the situation in which you are then convinced you are not dreaming as you are programming that idea into your subconciousness each time you say that. Always ask yourself instead "Am I dreaming?" and think about the possibly that you are, this will help create a situation in which you will find you are dreaming.

After nothing worked it got all black and woke up.

You woke up in the false awakening at this point as you allowed your failure to bother you and put you off. Always try reality checking in future when you first awake from a LD in case you do that again, some people are prone to false awakening and you could end up having several false awakenings which if you realise they are such, of cause then they continue your LD.

There are various reasons why a person can fail to do something they want to do in a LD but it all depends on your conscious thoughts and your subconcious thoughts.

But what was really wierd: the dreamworld was pretty wierd. like if it is very hot outside and you can see the heat above the road. Like that was the whole world.

Do not hold onto the thought that it will be like that next time or it will be. It doesnt have to be like that. There is no set way for it to be, you yourself will make it to be however it is.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Dynamo

Postby Dynamo » 18 Apr 2014 12:34

Thanks alot! this will really help me!!

Dynamo

Postby Dynamo » 18 Apr 2014 16:02

Also sleep paralyse, can it happen with the MILD technique? cause I think when it happends I will not survive that XD.

Return to “For Beginners”