Which Method is Easier for Beginners?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Lucid-Dreamer

Which Method is Easier for Beginners?

Postby Lucid-Dreamer » 20 Jan 2012 22:51

I'm new to dreaming, as some of you may know, and I've seen a few things online that have said WBTB (Wake Back to Bed) technique is easier for absolute beginners. But I've also read some articles that have said otherwise. So I would like to know. Which method is easier and gives a better chance for a lucid dream? And what method did you use the first time you had a lucid dream? Thanks!
"Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives" ~William Dement

jamjam

Re: Which Method is Easier for Beginners?

Postby jamjam » 21 Jan 2012 00:10

Everyone is different so I don't know... for me it's DILD. Once you get more advanced you can try a WILD.
Sweet dreams,
jamjam

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 21 Jan 2012 00:47

If you've been doing WILDs spontaneously they're the easiest to do. Traditional training yoga training starts with DILDs, so one should assume they're the easiest to do.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

rothgar

Postby rothgar » 21 Jan 2012 03:33

DILD using MILD and employing WBTB is the most effective for beginners. I am a beginner. Had first LD in 3 days and am consistent with one a week... Had number 16 five days ago.

Lucid-Dreamer

Postby Lucid-Dreamer » 21 Jan 2012 06:25

Explain "DILD using MILD and employing WBTB" to me, please? That sounds confusing, but affective...
"Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives" ~William Dement

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 21 Jan 2012 07:22

Lucid-Dreamer wrote:Explain "DILD using MILD and employing WBTB" to me, please? That sounds confusing, but affective...

He using Stephen LaBerge jargon. WBTB-wake back to bed. DILD-dream initiated lucid dream and MILD

lucidity.com wrote:3.2.4 Mnemonic Induction of Lucid Dreams (MILD)

The MILD technique employs prospective memory, remembering to do something (notice you're dreaming) in the future. Dr. LaBerge developed this technique for his doctoral dissertation and used it to achieve lucid dreaming at will. The proper time to practice MILD is after awakening from a dream, before returning to sleep. (Modified from EWLD, p. 78)

Setup dream recall.
Set your mind to awaken from dreams and recall them. When you awaken from a dream, recall it as completely as you can.

Focus your intent.
While returning to sleep, concentrate single-mindedly on your intention to remember to recognize that you're dreaming. Tell yourself: "Next time I'm dreaming, I will remember I'm dreaming," repeatedly, like a mantra. Put real meaning into the words and focus on this idea alone. If you find yourself thinking about anything else, let it go and bring your mind back to your intention.

See yourself becoming lucid.
As you continue to focus on your intention to remember when you're dreaming, imagine that you are back in the dream from which you just awakened (or another one you have had recently if you didn't remember a dream on awakening). Imagine that this time you recognize that you are dreaming. Look for a dreamsign--something in the dream that demonstrates plainly that it is a dream. When you see it say to yourself: "I'm dreaming!" and continue your fantasy. Imagine yourself carrying out your plans for your next lucid dream. For example, if you want to fly in your lucid dream, imagine yourself flying after you come to the point in your fantasy when you become lucid.

Repeat until your intention is set.
Repeat steps 2 and 3 until either you fall asleep or are sure that your intention is set. If, while falling asleep, you find yourself thinking of anything else, repeat the procedure so that the last thing in your mind before falling asleep is your intention to remember to recognize the next time you are dreaming.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

R99

Postby R99 » 21 Jan 2012 09:07

I thinK WBTB is the best way to induce LD for rookies, coz i got my first with it in 5 days. U just need to adjust the rem period, and think about it.
I see the Truth now.

Lucid-Dreamer

Postby Lucid-Dreamer » 21 Jan 2012 19:21

I'm really bad at recalling dreams. In one month, I could only remember about 5....which is terrible. I've tried so many things, none of them work. :(

Return to “For Beginners”