Auditory Hypnagogia?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
JonSnowLD

Auditory Hypnagogia?

Postby JonSnowLD » 19 Apr 2014 22:15

Sometimes when I'm falling asleep, I hear a random voice talking in my head-usually it's the voice of someone I've spent a lot of the day talking to or listening to, like a friend or teacher. It's within my head, and a lot of the time it's just my stream of conscious but in somebody else's voice-is this auditory hypnagogia? it seems to coincide with my thoughts becoming less logical-not asleep but not coherent streams of thought.

Reading that back, sounds like I'm going mad... I'm not honestly! ;)

Hehe anyway, any insights onto what people think this is would be much appreciated! :D
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

Snaggle

Re: Auditory Hypnagogia?

Postby Snaggle » 20 Apr 2014 01:41

Ignore it, it's just a dream sound. You have not posted anything remotely Schizophrenic that I've read. Hypnagogia is not a mark of schizophrenia. You were already in the first stage of sleep.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 20 Apr 2014 09:34

Ok cool, thanks! I'm getting more interested by hypnagogia at the moment and I just wanted to clarify. :)

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

funkyowls

Postby funkyowls » 25 Apr 2014 21:55

Haha I sometimes get this as well, or even more often I'll have a hallucination/hypnogogic dream of being back at work or some other setting where I spend a lot of time at, doing a repetitive task. Occasionally I'll get so deep in the hypnogogia and then snap back awake and be like, what? That wasn't real? Because the hypnogogic dreams are so realistic.

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 26 Apr 2014 12:00

That sometimes happens to me too with repetitive tasks-it used to get pretty annoying before I got interested in LDs cause I'd think it was keeping me awake without realising it was actually the process of going into sleep! XD

Return to “For Beginners”